Used 2011 Infiniti M37 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Infiniti M37 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M37 model:

First Model Year Blues
By PRS

2011 Infiniti M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I bought this loaded Sports Package M37 after owning an M35 for 5 years. The M35 was the best car I ever owned. The M37 feels like it was rushed out by Infiniti in an attempt to get a prettier looking car on the market quickly. Furthermore the M35 was cheaper than many of its competitors and the new model loaded comes in on the expensive side of the competition. I've had many problems with the car already some pretty major. Major flaws were apparent in the GPS after using it for 30 min. I was stupefied that Infiniti put the car on the road without these kinks worked out. Apparently I hear there's a lack of processing power needed to run the GPS properly. I expect more from Infiniti.

Favorite Features

Interior look. Ipod interface (although I'm told it won't interface with newer iPods). Blind spot detection. Collision detection.

Suggested Improvements

Transmission is clunky. GPS needs work. Traffic info loads very slowly. Ext Temp gauge is WAY off. Noise reduction tech can be noisy itself. Bluetth quality poor. Seats not as adjustable as prior model. Sun visors don't fully open. Auto wiper is hard to adjust. Seat heater knobs hard to see.

Disappointing performance
By SteveS

2011 Infiniti M37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Too often when I step on the gas hard, I get a long lag before the car accelerates. When that happens, it feels like 160 hp not 330 hp. Other times it's fine but I can't rely on adequate acceleration to move quickly onto to the highway or to pass cars. When I slow down, the transmission jerks as it downshifts and sometimes unexpectedly actually upshifts jerking the car forward. Infiniti service said that there was nothing they could do -- the car was designed this way.

2011 M37x /Premium & Technology Packages
By dieter

2011 Infiniti M37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Outstanding performance and handling. Clear & large gauges that are well lighted day or night.User friendly electronics with a well designed touch screen interface as well as large buttons at well placed locations.I highly recommend this vehicle to seniors like myself who have difficulty with the gauges in cars like the E350 or 535i.I drove the E350 in early sun light and could not read the speedometer. The BMW uses red and orange lighting that is difficult for older eyes.

Favorite Features

Performance and the easy to understand and see interior controls and gauges.

Suggested Improvements

Rear visibility while driving is poor due to the rather high rear window deck. Not a problem while backing up with the excellent optional rear view camera.I suspect the syncing of my IPhone 4 will be a problem as well based on other user feedback.

Excellent Car
By Dmack

2011 Infiniti M37 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Had a Lexus and BMW before the M37.Fun to drive, excellent handling.Styling is great,ride comfort is not like a Benz but still excellent.This was the last car I test drove(Lexus GS, BMW 550, Benz 300, Saab, Volvo).Slight delay when you floor the gas, I Pod hook up does not work.arm rest is too far back.when using bluetooth you must remember to say the last name first and then the first name of the person for the voice command.M37 has made me an Infiniti believer and I will be a repeat customer.

Favorite Features

sport mode, manual shifter,lots of room in the back seat,voice nav/radio. handling quickness and power of engine.stylish body.

Suggested Improvements

i pod does not connect,slight delay when you floor the gas, armrest too far back, trunk a little small,ac/heat fan a needs more power.

Best Bang for your Buck
By DannyPB

2011 Infiniti M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Love Love my M, style, inside and out, features and technology, and the Infiniti brand has always been good to me. Only a few things that keep this car from being the best in its class. The bluetooth is horrible! Infinit sent out a update for the system to work better with iPhone, I had it done and its still bad!! To hard to make phone calls too, why not a dial+Name. Also sound system vibrates under very little bass. I am having issues with my auto Up on my windows. They intermittently work!

Favorite Features

Love the elegant interior, and standard options. Exterior lines are gorgeous.

Suggested Improvements

Radio Not enough Highs in the back unless you get the surround sound system. Bluetooth you can use, Better voice commands, fix sound system rattles, middle arm rest needs more padding, and it rattles