2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M35 model:
Near perfect balance between luxury and sport
By autolover55 on 04/12/11 19:02 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

Consumer Reports hit the nail on the head when they rated the M35 their #1 mid-size luxury/sport car. Bought a 2009 M35 w/ Nav & Tech pkg in Feb 2010 after my 2005 Honda Accord was destroyed by a fallen tree. Owned: one year. Never a problem. Great handling, pickup, & very reliable. Guess it helps to keep up with maintenance. Radio & 6-disc CD player was adequate for me. Nav, easy to operate once I learned it. Decided to trade because of lousy fuel mileage (17-18 mpg), wanted lower pymts, & a smaller car. Bought 2005 BMW 330i sedan - very satisfied so far. If Infiniti would spend more time improving gas mileage and less time designing needless gadgets this car would fly out of dealerships.

2009 Infiniti M35X
By lanthorne on 03/18/10 10:51 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought a used M35X from the dealer last month. It had 18,000 miles on it and was a rental car in its previous life. I have had the car for about 1 month now. The car drives really well. The acceleration is very good. The interior is spacious and well designed. This car has the Premium Technology package and is full of cool features. It is the top pick in the Consumer Reports evaluation for mid-size luxury cars. Reliability is next only to the Lexus LS 430 according to Consumer Reports. The only issue is with the Rear Crash ratings from IIHS which is "Poor" compared to an Acura RL which is rated Good on all the tests. The Road Noise can be lower although the engine hum is enjoyable.

WORST Technology On The Market
By LGMWireless on 09/27/09 12:41 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have been a Lexus customer for 12 years. We shopped around and found the M35X. They pushed their technology so much at the dealership we felt it had to be as good as Lexus if not better. Boy were we wrong. Unfortunately I now have 38 months of this nightmare left. I returned an 06 Lexus GS, which my phone the Palm Pre had no trouble pairing with the Bluetooth. My 09 M35X does not work at all with these phones. Static all the time and that supposedly great Bose radio that lowers and loudens itself at will comes on and off during a conversation. Then there is the nav - what a waste of money. No points of interest. Been lost a lot lately. $53000 really Infiniti. Entire system was replaced by dealer, no luck.

Outstanding Car
By Frank M on 08/26/09 06:12 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I just traded a 2006 M45, which I loved, for this car. I got the M35 to save a few bucks and get better gas mileage. The M35 with the 7 speed is almost as quick as the M45. The car rides great and is fun to drive, I got the Tech and Advanced Tech with Sport Packages. Love the DVD player, new 7 speed transmission with sport mode, hard disk music box, IPOD hook up, navigation and touch screen. All but the DVD and navigation are new features my 2006 did not have. I got the Blue Slate with black interior and it looks great!

Worth the Price
By MJ on 08/17/09 09:42 AM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

This is my second M35S as I also had a 2006. The ride in the 2009 is a little stiffer, but still comfortable for a car with 19" performance tires. The increase in power along with the 7 speed transmission makes for a great combination. The gas mileage is about the same as the 2006 at about 20mpg in mixed driving. Looked at Jaguar FX, Lexus GS, Acura TL and Audi A5. None could come close to the lease deal. Best value in its class.

Rattles, rattles, rattles
By Lee on 08/13/09 16:50 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

How much do you have to pay these days for a car that does not rattle? In the first few thousand miles I have return this car for 3 rattles. Rattles in the dash and doors are making this car a major regret.

This is a great car for the money!
By Mike M on 08/03/09 19:54 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I really love the 2009 M35-S. My previous car was a 2007 M35 Sport as well. The car handles extremely well, can excel quickly from a dead stop, and is very sporty inside and out. Even when taking the car in for service at the dealership, they tend to give M owners a little extra attention and they go out of their way to make you feel special. All in all, I'd recommend the M35 S to anyone.

I'm definitely impressed!!!!
By m4mike on 07/28/09 17:46 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I am very happy with this car. Solid ride, quiet, nice interior. Visually distinct lines on the car. Very responsive steering. Transmission shifts are smooth and close together. Coming off a 2004 Audi A6, the build and ride quality of the M seems much better. Averaging 19 mpg in mixed driving.

WOW
By mikez on 07/21/09 16:12 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

I was looking to buy the new Lexus GS and then test drove the Infiniti m35S and was sold on it! I bought the car the next day! I love my first Infiniti. It has enough power to get me in trouble and is sexy on the inside and out! The interior is beautiful and I love the heated/cooled seats! Most car for the money on the road. Also, the Infiniti dealership was the best car-buying experience I've ever had.

Too many rattles!
By Lee on 06/01/09 22:23 PM (PDT)

2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 7A)

6 visit to the shop without success fixing 4 rattles and 4 trips to the shop regarding NAV failure. Must use my I-phone for dependable navigation. Will NOT buy another Infiniti product.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2009 Infiniti M35 Sedan in VA is:

$134 per month*