2008 Infiniti M35 Consumer Review: Good Car Except Handling

2008 Infiniti M35 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 5-speed Automatic)

Good Car Except Handling
By maguzma on

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car with 4 thousand and six miles. I love the look and speed but the mileage could be better. I guess they got it right with the 2010 with the 7 speed trans. However, the ride quality is very poor especially on uneven roads. I can first feel every bump then the front ends starts rattling and jumping. When I first noticed it I felt like the car was going to lose control. since then I can control it. I searched the internet and there are over 300 entries on the trampling problem.

Favorite Features

Navi, voice controls, interior design and the exterior chrome trim.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the known trampling problem. I have noticed complaints since 2006! Some have changed tires and got alignment done. That was just a band aid because the problem always creeps up.
By keithhr2
on 04/06/12 22:18 PM (PDT)

I had a 2006 M35 which saved my life in a severe accident, I could only pay homage to the people that designed it by getting a 2008 which seem far roomier, better exhaust note and I love the interior. It has more room in it than a 2008 ex that I bought and traded in a week later for the M35. I took off the stock tires and put on Hankook high performance summer tires and it runs like it's on a monorail. I love the newer styling the profile and front end are terrific. I'm not sure what trampling is, but to have the kind of handling found in this car, the ride can't be soft. I personally wouldn't go for the sport mode etc and maybe that is what some have commented on. When my 2006 was wrecked the entire front end was gone and I could still open and close all the doors and there was zero cabine intrusion, now that's what I call a safe car.