2008 Infiniti M35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M35 model:
Almost there
By Jes on 09/08/08 20:19 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is almost perfect if you want a more sporty ride. The suspension, gearing and exhaust all are more sport oriented than the Lexus type comfort some may anticipate. The steering is the only non-sporty aspect of the M35. It is overly sensitive and loose at center. Constant correction is required at highway speed. The V6 leaves you wanting at times, but that is why they offer a V8. The car needs more gears. The new FX 7 speed transmission should fix this. The M35 cost less than some of its competitors but I think it lacks a few features if you look closely. Infiniti is learning and will pull it all together with the next iteration.

2008 Infiniti M35 base
By Ken on 09/04/08 18:22 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I usually lease an SUV to carry equipment for my company. My last was an Escalade ESV. But now I don't carry much anymore so I wanted a car and much lower monthly payments. I drove the Mercedes E350, BMW 5 series, Audi A6, Cadillac STS, DTS and Lexus (forget the model but was the same size). I want the latest features. I was used to the backup camera. I think it is a safety feature and I will not buy a car without it. I want navigation and satellite radio. I want rear, side, etc air bags. I want electric mirrors, electric cool & heated seats. I want a quiet and not-underpowered car. I do not want to spend 1 cent on fluff (sport packages, chrome wheels, etc) I am over 40.

Great Car, but a Real Gas Guzzler
By Laurence on 08/25/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I switched out of my E Class Mercedes after years of electrical problems into one of the best cars I've ever owned. The quality of the car is unsurpassed, the dash beautiful and the seating absolutely comfortable. My Mercedes was anything but reliable with numerous problems and never dealers never able to fix them on the first, second or maybe the third try. On the other hand the Infiniti M35x is perfect. There's room for five and large trunk and a great sound system. My only complaint is the awful gas mileage. In the city it averages a bit over 14 and on the road barely 21. With today's gas prices I don't care who you are that kind of mileage is unacceptable.

Nice!
By popeye1250 on 08/05/08 07:26 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

All around a nice vehicle! A bit pricey compared to other models but better than BMW. Very nice ride and a lot of fun to drive, quiet at highway speeds but it could have a little better mileage. Very nice electronics package! Could face very stiff competition from the new Lincoln MKS mileage-wise and price wise. But, all around a very nice vehicle and fun to drive. A "9" out of "10"!

King of the Hill
By EllisL on 08/02/08 17:24 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought M35S and am very pleased. This car is exciting to drive and turns heads. HVAC is top notch & cools down quickly even in MS! Road noise is barely noticeable. Seats are supportive, comfortable and cooled. Great touch! Would buy another one immediately if stolen. XM & iPod make the car very enjoyable on trips. If you want a classy sports car, this is it! Own a 2007 FX-35 too and will remain brand loyal.

Not Disappointed
By JerrySC on 07/12/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I find the M35 to be at the top of the list in this class. The build quality is outstanding and the ride (non-sport) is very comfortable. Reports have indicated that road noise at speed is more than it should be. I think most cars with sport tires and wheels of this design will transmit a bit more noise to the cabin at speed. It isn't enough to even be concerned with unless you are an absolute freak about total silence. The exterior design is eye catching and the interior is by far the most impressive I have seen in any car. The drop in Lexus reliability and the unsubstantiated excessive cost of the BMW, took those two off my list early. A great car and a real value.

Saved my Life
By Ronda on 06/26/08 19:26 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My husband and I bought a new M35 in February. On May 10 we were in a series accident with a 1999 truck, the car and truck was totalled. A very bad accident that could have taken my husband's life with the truck hitting in the driver's door, but because of the excellent safety features of the car especially the curtain airbags our lives were spared. I only had the car for 3 months, but it was a great car and I loved it and will probably buy another one when I'm able to drive again.

Second M35, nothing better
By troyohio on 06/24/08 08:10 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had an 06 M35 Sport, got this M35x when lease expired. Have had 2 J30s, an early Q45 and now second M35. All I have ever done is put in oil and follow maintenance schedule, reliability could not be better. I looked at A6, Acura RL, MB C and E class, and BMW 5. Previously have owned Audi, Acura, BMW, but enjoy the M35 the most. The ride is so much more comfortable in the 35x than the Sport and quieter too. Yet it is plenty firm with good road feel. Very fun to drive.

Shade above the GS 350
By pshawn767 on 06/14/08 16:09 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Very pleased with the M. The only complaint would be fuel mileage. The M35 is lower than several others in this class.

The best Midsized Luxury Sedan
By Bprim on 05/26/08 18:05 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I used to own the Q45 and switched for all wheel drive (Ausi A8). After 8 years of German cars I am back. This car is really well thought out and is quality throughout. It rides great, although i might have preferred the 8 cylinder M45. It has plenty of get up and go, so maybe i will get used to it. Everything else about the car from the handling, comfort, appearance and space is fantastic. I am a big guy (6'3") and I have plenty of room for me and the person sitting behind me. The stereo is very good and it doesn't matter what your source of music is, the car can handle it. I looked at the Acura RL, Lexus GS and the Audi A6. M35x was the clear winner.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.