Used 2008 Infiniti M35 Consumer Reviews - 40 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Infiniti M35

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

Love it
By Bruno

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Right after Thanksgiving my local dealer was having a big sale and I bought an 08 M35X. Drove it home in a snow storm and the all wheel drive is excellent. The command center is filled with everything you can imagine. Jukebox, Ipod integration, satellite radio, CD. Rides out great. Very luxurious interior and the 3.5 really moves when you need to. I have only put about 6k on the car so far, but love it. As soon as my wife's lease is up on her car she wants the G37x.

Nav system, Music studio, back up camera and the heated and cooled seats.

The only thing I wish the car had was the self locking feature for when you take off - the doors should lock automatically. With the Infiniti's they do not do that. The turn signals could use some tweaking as well. Unless it is a full 90 degree turn the signals do not go off.

Excellent Electronics, Poor Handling
By NAIHOXI

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The M35 AWD is an electronics powerhouse with an amazing array of safety and convenient features. Unfortunately, it suffers from a serious steering problem, called tramlining, which makes the handling not only unsatisfactory but also dangerous. I replaced tires twice before I learned from a conscientious mechanic of an Infiniti dealership that the problem is with the steering rack, which Nissan refuses to replace. Based on this shortcoming, I would place a BMW and an Audi ahead of an Infiniti.

Interior comfort, convenience features, and superb electronics.

Correct steering mechanism and improve fuel efficiency

Excellent Luxury/Sports Vehicle
By JMach

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove a few cars including the new 2009 TL, a 2008 E350 and a 2008 528I. The Infiniti held its own against these three fine vehicles, both on performance and luxury comparisons. Both the BMW and the Mercedes are excellent vehicles, but comparably equipped would have cost me $10k to $15k more. The TL costs slightly less, but felt a little smaller and although design tastes are subjective, I liked the M's feel much better.

Navigation, great performance, luxurious interior.

Improved fuel efficiency.

Best car in class for value
By jim Westlake

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought car in Oct '08. So far so good! I'm really impressed with the handling and manual shift combination. It's truly fun to drive.

Bluetooth, keyless ignition,doorlocks, climate seats

Sound system is poor. more rear window defogger. 7 speed trans.

Could not pass this up
By Dave

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The economy stinks right now, and I was able to get a 2008 M35 with about 10,000 miles for what I thought was a ridiculously low price. We were looking at Honda CRVs and other mini SUVS (loaded). I hate SUVs and convinced my wife that this was the car to buy - and now she loves it. The driving experience is almost as good as the BMW 745, and it has a ton of features. I recommend the base model because the sport model has a really stiff ride. It has a nice, isolated yet sporty feel. For the money, I don't think you can beat it. Against its competitive set, it is a good value and a great car, but at the prices you can get now it is probably unbeatable.

Nice leather, hands free blue tooth, acceleration, roomy, relatively rare car

Slightly better gas mileage, but it is a performance car, iPod hookup should be standard in this car - not an option