2008 Infiniti M35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M35 model:
Excellent Electronics, Poor Handling
By NAIHOXI on 03/15/09 17:21 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The M35 AWD is an electronics powerhouse with an amazing array of safety and convenient features. Unfortunately, it suffers from a serious steering problem, called tramlining, which makes the handling not only unsatisfactory but also dangerous. I replaced tires twice before I learned from a conscientious mechanic of an Infiniti dealership that the problem is with the steering rack, which Nissan refuses to replace. Based on this shortcoming, I would place a BMW and an Audi ahead of an Infiniti.

Excellent Luxury/Sports Vehicle
By JMach on 02/22/09 15:57 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I test drove a few cars including the new 2009 TL, a 2008 E350 and a 2008 528I. The Infiniti held its own against these three fine vehicles, both on performance and luxury comparisons. Both the BMW and the Mercedes are excellent vehicles, but comparably equipped would have cost me $10k to $15k more. The TL costs slightly less, but felt a little smaller and although design tastes are subjective, I liked the M's feel much better.

Best car in class for value
By jim Westlake on 01/14/09 08:32 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought car in Oct '08. So far so good! I'm really impressed with the handling and manual shift combination. It's truly fun to drive.

Could not pass this up
By Dave on 12/15/08 10:54 AM (PST)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The economy stinks right now, and I was able to get a 2008 M35 with about 10,000 miles for what I thought was a ridiculously low price. We were looking at Honda CRVs and other mini SUVS (loaded). I hate SUVs and convinced my wife that this was the car to buy - and now she loves it. The driving experience is almost as good as the BMW 745, and it has a ton of features. I recommend the base model because the sport model has a really stiff ride. It has a nice, isolated yet sporty feel. For the money, I don't think you can beat it. Against its competitive set, it is a good value and a great car, but at the prices you can get now it is probably unbeatable.

Good in almost all aspects
By Pinspector on 12/12/08 18:11 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We bought the M35x in October which means it was almost last years car. Problem was tramlining, or the movement of the car over uneven pavement. Ever drive on a highway that's been used by a lot of trucks. This car will jump all over the place. I researched and got the tires replaced with Michelins by dealer. Tramlining decreased by about 75%! Yes, this car eats gas. My 04 Murano with same VQ35 engine gets a lot better mileage. A lot more comfortable than our 2003 Mercedes C320 and hopefully a lot more reliable. I didn't want AWD but in NJ all that's available is AWD. Too bad!

M35
By Infiniti4Ever on 12/05/08 18:43 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

My M35 has been a pleasant car. As someone going for more of a relaxed ride, the M35 was nice, but I wish it would be a just a bit more soft. Then again, this is a sports car, and performs like one too. The interior is beautiful, the navigation is nice, and the rear seat room is actually quite good. HOWEVER, this car is a gas machine. If you want a fuel efficient car, look toward buying maybe a GS. I've gotten a combination of 18 mpg, which was expected, but disappointed because it's only a V6.

My 3rd Infiniti
By rkon on 11/04/08 16:37 PM (PST)

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

M35x drives real nice. Sporty and firm ride with no body roll. Plenty of amenities with navigation system. This is a sporty car with a growl and not a smooth and quiet ride.

Great Value
By Tony on 10/23/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

We purchased the M35 since it was such a great value at the time compared to the Mercedes E350 we almost bought. The M35 feels solid with predictable handling, and the optional technology and advanced technology packages round out the car well. While not as quiet and smooth as the E350, it's a solid car with respectable performance and comfort. Reliability likely won't be a concern, with a standard 60K mile warranty. Wind noise is somewhat noticeable at highway speeds, gas mileage a bit disappointing, and the performance tires transmit some road noise into the cabin. But for the deals that Infiniti is offering right now, it was simply a no-brainer. A fine car and a no-regrets purchase.

It's good but...
By MrBTJ on 09/28/08 09:37 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased the M35 with the technology package in July (08). For the most part it is a lovely car but it seems like it is missing some comfort items. It swallows gasoline instead sipping on it. The ride is nice and quiet and it has PLENTY of room inside and a ton of style outside.

2008 M35 Sport
By M35 Sport on 09/09/08 10:45 AM (PDT)

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchased an M35 with the Tech and Sport package and I love the car. It is a perfect combination of sport and comfort. My previous two cars were an 04 Acura TL and 01 BMW 530i. I considered the Lexus GS and BMW 528i. The Lexus was not sporty enough and the BMW was not as good a value. With the Tech and Sport package this car has all the goodies I wanted at a great price. This is a car my whole family likes. Plenty room in the back for my thirteen year old daughter and her friends. All the technology a thirteen would want. My wife enjoys the heated and cooled seats (Texas) as well as the navigation, bluetooth, sat radio and iPod connection and we all like being seen in it.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.