Used 2008 Infiniti M35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Infiniti M35

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

Mistake
By ctop79

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for the luxury, performance and reliability. I love it except...all the maple moldings on the inside of the doors had to be replaced (turned out to be bad glue). Infiniti had no problem replacing them. At 65K miles the front left wheel bearing went. Haven't ever had that happen on any other car. At 80K miles the transmission went - not in any forward gear, but in reverse? I generally keep my cars for 150K miles and I've never had transmission problems or even had to change a clutch. Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

Favorite Features

The ride comfort is great. The AWD is good with all season radials, but excellent with snow tires.

Suggested Improvements

Really need to consider the reliability reputation.

Good Car Except Handling
By maguzma

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car with 4 thousand and six miles. I love the look and speed but the mileage could be better. I guess they got it right with the 2010 with the 7 speed trans. However, the ride quality is very poor especially on uneven roads. I can first feel every bump then the front ends starts rattling and jumping. When I first noticed it I felt like the car was going to lose control. since then I can control it. I searched the internet and there are over 300 entries on the trampling problem.

Favorite Features

Navi, voice controls, interior design and the exterior chrome trim.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the known trampling problem. I have noticed complaints since 2006! Some have changed tires and got alignment done. That was just a band aid because the problem always creeps up.

Just a great automobile
By Phil

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had car for just over 2 years. I'm toying with the idea of trading it for the convertible G37, but I can't! Every time I drive it, the high quality interior, the quick acceleration, the sharp handling, the easy-to-use controls and the OUTSTANDING sound system featuring the music box (no more CDs!,) tell me that this is the car for me. I'm 6'5" so comfort is important to me. I always feel comfortable, even after driving 2-3 hours straight. Gas mileage could be a bit better, but it's not a deal breaker. Just a great overall sports sedan.

Favorite Features

Music box, navigation system, comfortable and roomy interior, handling

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

Great Value !
By Al

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this vehicle for 6 months and felt it was appropriate to write a review. The drive is like a sports car feel in a family vehicle. Response is quick and braking is very good too! The only slight disappointment is road noise but that is expected considering the performance handling assets. Overall, the car is unbelievably quick and the Bose sound system is one of the best I've ever seen in a luxury vehicle. We've only put 10K miles and dependability seems to be there. Dealing with the dealer on maintenance issues has been pleasant but not cheap. I would recommend this vehicle for one whose tired of the basic economic family car, tired of the SUV mode, and the best value.

Favorite Features

Our favorite features are the stereo system, powertrain (power when you need it), and the interior features are awesome too.

Suggested Improvements

A sixth gear transmission that would drop RPM's and improve gas mileage.

Best Luxury Sport Sedan on the Road
By Les

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Had for 15 months. This car is awesome. I cannot understand any complaints except for maybe gas mileage. It's what you should expect for a large sport sedan. Infiniti service and dealership was & still is excellent. In/out the door in less than an hour. Will keep this vehicle for a long time. Sporty, classy, comfortable and people love looking at it. What a deal!!

Favorite Features

Cooled seats, ipod and xm radio.

Suggested Improvements

Absolutely none. This car is perfect.