Used 2008 Infiniti M35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

Best Car I ever Owned!
By Neil Kamichoff

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The M35 of this 2008 - 2010 generation is one of the most solid cars I have ever owned (Yes, I've owned, Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lincoln and Cadillac, among others). Only downside to this car is that it's a bit thirsty. Over many, miles we've been averaging 19-20 MPG. However, this is probably the last series that still runs on REGULAR gas....and runs well.

Mistake
By ctop79

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I bought this car for the luxury, performance and reliability. I love it except...all the maple moldings on the inside of the doors had to be replaced (turned out to be bad glue). Infiniti had no problem replacing them. At 65K miles the front left wheel bearing went. Haven't ever had that happen on any other car. At 80K miles the transmission went - not in any forward gear, but in reverse? I generally keep my cars for 150K miles and I've never had transmission problems or even had to change a clutch. Needless to say, I'm disappointed.

The ride comfort is great. The AWD is good with all season radials, but excellent with snow tires.

Really need to consider the reliability reputation.

Good Car Except Handling
By maguzma

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car with 4 thousand and six miles. I love the look and speed but the mileage could be better. I guess they got it right with the 2010 with the 7 speed trans. However, the ride quality is very poor especially on uneven roads. I can first feel every bump then the front ends starts rattling and jumping. When I first noticed it I felt like the car was going to lose control. since then I can control it. I searched the internet and there are over 300 entries on the trampling problem.

Navi, voice controls, interior design and the exterior chrome trim.

Fix the known trampling problem. I have noticed complaints since 2006! Some have changed tires and got alignment done. That was just a band aid because the problem always creeps up.

Just a great automobile
By Phil

2008 Infiniti M35 x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've had car for just over 2 years. I'm toying with the idea of trading it for the convertible G37, but I can't! Every time I drive it, the high quality interior, the quick acceleration, the sharp handling, the easy-to-use controls and the OUTSTANDING sound system featuring the music box (no more CDs!,) tell me that this is the car for me. I'm 6'5" so comfort is important to me. I always feel comfortable, even after driving 2-3 hours straight. Gas mileage could be a bit better, but it's not a deal breaker. Just a great overall sports sedan.

Music box, navigation system, comfortable and roomy interior, handling

Better gas mileage

Great Value !
By Al

2008 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned this vehicle for 6 months and felt it was appropriate to write a review. The drive is like a sports car feel in a family vehicle. Response is quick and braking is very good too! The only slight disappointment is road noise but that is expected considering the performance handling assets. Overall, the car is unbelievably quick and the Bose sound system is one of the best I've ever seen in a luxury vehicle. We've only put 10K miles and dependability seems to be there. Dealing with the dealer on maintenance issues has been pleasant but not cheap. I would recommend this vehicle for one whose tired of the basic economic family car, tired of the SUV mode, and the best value.

Our favorite features are the stereo system, powertrain (power when you need it), and the interior features are awesome too.

A sixth gear transmission that would drop RPM's and improve gas mileage.

• SUV