Used 2006 Infiniti M35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti M35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

The REAL 4 Door Sports Car
By Steve C

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing the E350, 530 and GS 300, the Infiniti soared over all challengers. Reliability, performance, features, etc. Drove the base model first, ended up buying the Sport. This M is a sports car by every definition. Quick, responsive & confident. I took a freeway on ramp cloverleaf @ 50 and the 245/40/19's didn't even chirp. Nissan needs to share its TM'd 4DSC title with its cousin! The road noise and feel are detractors if you expect or desire a smooth and quiet ride, and maybe I will tire of the firmness and noise. All I know is that now I drive it every chance I get, even though I bought it for my wife! More than ample room in the front and rear seats along with the trunk.

Has to be the handling. The Infiniti grips the road like no other car I have owned. I also love the styling and lights. Just a great looking car. I don't know why I don't see them more on the road.

I would say MPG, but I'm sure I would sacrifice power, and that's not a trade I would be willing to make. Also, doesn't seem to have an auto locking mechanism which I found odd. Lastly, and probably most importantly, a 6th and/or 7th gear. That would quiet most of the MPG complaints.

M35 reliability
By aseetpatel

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This car is solid, I just finished 4 years with it and am heading into year 5. I saw a couple posts regarding a rattle - I had it too and just figured out last year that it was the intermittent wiper speed turn handle. I also had trouble with the hands free phone and the dealer put in the same mic that the newer ones have and it works ok. Having gone thru a wide variety of cars (2 acuras, 1 BMW, 1 Lexus, 1 Cadillac, 1 olds Aurora) I have to say this by far has been my best experience.

overall experience, drive, interior design, value

Better gas mileage - I think they address this in 09 with better tranny and eng upgrade.

Most car for your buck
By Will

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I spent months looking for my next luxury sedan, but I fell in love with the M35 as soon as I saw it. Sleek, not flashy exterior complements a roomy, comfy interior loaded with technology. Sound system is awesome (14 bose speakers), and 6 cd player plays data cds too, very useful. Nav sytem, dvd player, push start ignition, heated/cooled seats, the list goes on. The backup cam is the best on the market right now. The 280hp provides plenty of kick, and the AWD and snow mode features truly shine in the snowy New England weather I live with. Overall a very smooth ride, and very fun. Low maintenance, but Infiniti service is somewhat expensive. Absolutely the best car for the amount I spent.

Back up camera, intelligent cruise control, killer Bose sound system, adaptive front headlights, intuitive control layout.

Touch screen Nav, music hard drive and easier ipod connectivity, all of which they added to the next year's models. Some people complain the engine and outside noise is a little loud, comparatively. Frankly, I love the sound of the engine, and the 14 speakers tend to drown out outside noise easily.

A long-term Best Buy: '06 M35
By Jeff C

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best sedan I have ever owned. It handles well, is fun to drive and is very reliable. One minor recall item. Dealer service has been competent if not a bit pricey. I have thought about trading it in annually and always come back to the same conclusion: 'this is just a great car!' Look for reasonable miles, 1 owner and dealer serviced. Ask to see the maintenance book or other evidence of a well cared for vehicle.

Fun to drive and very comfortable. The M35 never disappoints. Very large interior that deceives passengers until they nestle inside.

The seat belts chafe on the driver's seat when being extracted. The coat hooks are too small and do not stay extended.

I own 2 M35X AWD and love them
By David

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have 2 of these and can't imagine why I had a BMW before. I love the rear camera, voice activated nav and phone, heated and cooled seats. The service bills are less than half of what I paid on my last BMW once the BMW service plan ended. The AWD is great in the mountains and light snow. After owning 8 Lexus cars and SUV's I didn't think I would switch, but I like this better than the GS AWD sedan.

Rear camera, Head room, low service cost, easy to use NAV system, great all weather floor mats from dealer.

None so far.