Used 2006 Infiniti M35 Sport Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

Reliable, Fun To Drive
By StillaYankee

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having to finally give up my 94 Q45a 2 years ago I searched for months for a car that would fill the void. Had my heart set on a GS but a dealer recommendation convinced me on the M35 Sport and I'm so glad he did. The car handles great, the ride is reasonably quiet (probably quieter than most reviews but you can hear the tires when the radio isn't on) and the power is amazing for a 6 cylinder. I do wish they had added an extra gear or 2 like others have commented as getting the same mileage as my 10 year old Q wasn't expected. If I just travel on the Interstate I can squeeze out 21-22 mpg if I drive like my wife. Don't expect more than 20-25k on the tires.

Favorite Features

Seats, build quality, acceleration, push button start, ac front seats (though my kids wish the rear seats had it too!), backup camera, trunk space (enough for 2 large baseball gear bags, bucket of balls, team bag & cooler!)

Suggested Improvements

Hopefully Infiniti has improved the quality of the voice nav system. It sometimes doesn't understand a street name but recognizes others that I'd think it wouldn't. Increased gas mileage is a MUST.

A lot of bang for the buck.
By Michael

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving my 2006 M35 Sport for a month I am really happy. The ride is very smooth and much quieter than the reviews make out. The seats are extremely comfortable and the engine has more than enough power for my needs. For being a 4 year old car, there is only one minor rattle coming from somewhere near the glove box and that is intermittent. On the downside, the center stack controls do take some getting used to and the gas mileage is not great. I'm averaging about 21 mpg. Overall this really is a great car, fun to drive, and with distinctive looks.

Favorite Features

Seats, styling, power, solid build quality.

Suggested Improvements

Less complicated center console controls. Improved gas mileage.

Bought M35Sport used with 28k miles
By funnn25

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I paid $25k and traded my 07' bmw 335 sport with 48k miles for $24k. Interior: M35 winner Exterior: M35 winner (more chrome accents) Performance: BMW 335 winner Audio: Tie Road Noise: BMW 335 winner Accessories: M35 winner (keyless start, back up camera) Comfort: M35 Maintenance: BMW 335 before 50k miles since BMW pays for all maintenance but after M35 is the winner, also 335 needs new rear tires every 6 months at $250 per tire Winner: M35 if you want luxury and 335 if you want pure performance.

Favorite Features

Push button start, bluetooth, 6 disc changer, AC front seats, luxurious leather seats, chrome 5 spoke wheels, chrome exterior accents

Suggested Improvements

IPOD integration, a little less road noise, brakes make the car seem a little heavy, acceleration can be jerky at times

The REAL 4 Door Sports Car
By Steve C

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing the E350, 530 and GS 300, the Infiniti soared over all challengers. Reliability, performance, features, etc. Drove the base model first, ended up buying the Sport. This M is a sports car by every definition. Quick, responsive & confident. I took a freeway on ramp cloverleaf @ 50 and the 245/40/19's didn't even chirp. Nissan needs to share its TM'd 4DSC title with its cousin! The road noise and feel are detractors if you expect or desire a smooth and quiet ride, and maybe I will tire of the firmness and noise. All I know is that now I drive it every chance I get, even though I bought it for my wife! More than ample room in the front and rear seats along with the trunk.

Favorite Features

Has to be the handling. The Infiniti grips the road like no other car I have owned. I also love the styling and lights. Just a great looking car. I don't know why I don't see them more on the road.

Suggested Improvements

I would say MPG, but I'm sure I would sacrifice power, and that's not a trade I would be willing to make. Also, doesn't seem to have an auto locking mechanism which I found odd. Lastly, and probably most importantly, a 6th and/or 7th gear. That would quiet most of the MPG complaints.

A long-term Best Buy: '06 M35
By Jeff C

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best sedan I have ever owned. It handles well, is fun to drive and is very reliable. One minor recall item. Dealer service has been competent if not a bit pricey. I have thought about trading it in annually and always come back to the same conclusion: 'this is just a great car!' Look for reasonable miles, 1 owner and dealer serviced. Ask to see the maintenance book or other evidence of a well cared for vehicle.

Favorite Features

Fun to drive and very comfortable. The M35 never disappoints. Very large interior that deceives passengers until they nestle inside.

Suggested Improvements

The seat belts chafe on the driver's seat when being extracted. The coat hooks are too small and do not stay extended.