2006 Infiniti M35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M35 model:
Reliable, Fun To Drive
By StillaYankee on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having to finally give up my 94 Q45a 2 years ago I searched for months for a car that would fill the void. Had my heart set on a GS but a dealer recommendation convinced me on the M35 Sport and I'm so glad he did. The car handles great, the ride is reasonably quiet (probably quieter than most reviews but you can hear the tires when the radio isn't on) and the power is amazing for a 6 cylinder. I do wish they had added an extra gear or 2 like others have commented as getting the same mileage as my 10 year old Q wasn't expected. If I just travel on the Interstate I can squeeze out 21-22 mpg if I drive like my wife. Don't expect more than 20-25k on the tires.

A lot of bang for the buck.
By Michael on 12/08/09 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving my 2006 M35 Sport for a month I am really happy. The ride is very smooth and much quieter than the reviews make out. The seats are extremely comfortable and the engine has more than enough power for my needs. For being a 4 year old car, there is only one minor rattle coming from somewhere near the glove box and that is intermittent. On the downside, the center stack controls do take some getting used to and the gas mileage is not great. I'm averaging about 21 mpg. Overall this really is a great car, fun to drive, and with distinctive looks.

Bought M35Sport used with 28k miles
By funnn25 on 08/02/09 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I paid $25k and traded my 07' bmw 335 sport with 48k miles for $24k. Interior: M35 winner Exterior: M35 winner (more chrome accents) Performance: BMW 335 winner Audio: Tie Road Noise: BMW 335 winner Accessories: M35 winner (keyless start, back up camera) Comfort: M35 Maintenance: BMW 335 before 50k miles since BMW pays for all maintenance but after M35 is the winner, also 335 needs new rear tires every 6 months at $250 per tire Winner: M35 if you want luxury and 335 if you want pure performance.

The REAL 4 Door Sports Car
By Steve C on 07/27/09 08:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After comparing the E350, 530 and GS 300, the Infiniti soared over all challengers. Reliability, performance, features, etc. Drove the base model first, ended up buying the Sport. This M is a sports car by every definition. Quick, responsive & confident. I took a freeway on ramp cloverleaf @ 50 and the 245/40/19's didn't even chirp. Nissan needs to share its TM'd 4DSC title with its cousin! The road noise and feel are detractors if you expect or desire a smooth and quiet ride, and maybe I will tire of the firmness and noise. All I know is that now I drive it every chance I get, even though I bought it for my wife! More than ample room in the front and rear seats along with the trunk.

A long-term Best Buy: '06 M35
By Jeff C on 05/27/09 09:10 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is by far the best sedan I have ever owned. It handles well, is fun to drive and is very reliable. One minor recall item. Dealer service has been competent if not a bit pricey. I have thought about trading it in annually and always come back to the same conclusion: 'this is just a great car!' Look for reasonable miles, 1 owner and dealer serviced. Ask to see the maintenance book or other evidence of a well cared for vehicle.

Reliable car, packed with great features
By Jimmy on 01/23/09 21:15 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought this car brand new years ago and it's been a great car so far. When shopping for this car we compared it to the bmw 5 series and the lexus gs. This car has more features, more space, and lower cost. We wanted to stay below 50k, but have navigation, rear view camera, push button start, HID lights, and ventilated memory seats. This car was the best deal and we don't feel we sacrificed on looks or design. The interior is smart and the exterior looks sharp. The V6 sounds great when you floor it. So far, 73k, the car hasn't had any issues, however, the Infiniti maintenance is expensive.

The car you love to hate.
By Waltersbuy on 11/27/08 18:31 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I love all the technology in this car. The interior is roomy and comfortable. The back up camera is so helpful and the push button start is very convenient. Car has a lot of power and gets going really fast! I have had many problems with the glove box rattling. Took it into the dealer and they replaced the glove box but it hangs a little on the left side. Brakes are HORRIBLE on the M35 sport. Had to replace all the brakes at 19,000 miles. If put on any other tires besides the OEM ones, then the car rides like crap, shaking on the freeway and all.

Worst $54k car on the market
By 4-time Infinitiowner on 06/02/08 13:21 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The voice navigations system does not work thus you are unable to use the navigation system unless you are parked. The voice system can nopt even recognize basis roads such as "Piedmont Road". The dealer says it just works poorly they could not even get the car to recognize the same words. The gas mileage on highway is 19 miles per gallon which is the worst in class. The Sport model rides rough. With so many cars in this class I would not recommend this vehicle and most certainly do not spend the money on the navigation system.

Great Car
By mpbross on 02/02/08 12:06 PM (PST)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Have driven BMWs for years, wanted something that had great performance (power, speed, agility) as well as style and comfort, for less than a BMW or Mercedes. Was wanting a Q45 but they aren't in production so I got the M35 and I love it. It is great fun to drive, very responsive & aerodynamic. It is very roomy for clients and a husband who is 6'3". Love the sport package look and feel. I've only had two issues with the car: 1) already have had to have rust spots from paint chips on body fixed (due to rocks thrown up on highway) and to me it seems the BMW body/paint stood up better and 2) needed a new battery because one cell went out.

M35 - The True Value Sport Sedan
By Jeff C on 07/08/07 14:46 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I traded a 2003 M45 with very poor reliability for an early build M35 (May 2005). This has been the best sedan I have owned! It combines spirited performance from the 3.5 V-6, great handling due to the sport package and incredible interior amenities and comfort. BMW owners marvel at how spacious is the interior. Maintenance has been routine and operating expenses fairly low. Only annoyance is the inadequate seat belt clearance with the sport seats requiring alot of effort to buckle up! Gas mileage could be better at 18.8 miles per gallon mixed hwy/city.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.