Used 2006 Infiniti M35 Consumer Reviews - 211 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Infiniti M35

View reviews for a specific M35 model:

A true sleeper car.
By Eric

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I have an 06 M35 Sport and love it. It handles like a true sports car. At 100+ mph it feel like it is on rails. The ride is a little stiffer of course but that is what the Sport edition is for. Fuel economy average is around 21 which is fine for this car. Seating is comfortable and roomy. It has 120K miles and still drives like it has 10K. If you are looking for a 4 door sedan that drives and handles like a sports car not sure you could go wrong with any of the Infiniti line up.

Good..but not perfect...Secret: Extend. Warranty
By sikkdaddy

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my pre-owned '06 M35x last Spring ('11) with roughly 60K miles - Had done a lot of research and had owned an older I-30 with 275K miles (replaced tranny @ 230K miles) - Had great luck, wanted to keep the brand.

During my research, I kept hearing others mentioning the Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty - I had heard about a dealer in Arizona (Scottsdale I believe) that had the best prices - I dealt with a lady named Courtney (Finance Mgr.).

I didn't/don't have a ton of discretionary $ - So the $1600-$1700 for the extended warranty was a hard pill to swallow - Especially for my wife - But we "found" the $.

Have MORE than recouped the $ invested (both frt. wheel bearings, CD plyr)

Likes: Looks (outside and in), technology (laser guided cruise, lane departure warning system, BOSE 16 speaker system), Nav system (split screen feature looks sharp), acceleration, heated and COOLED seats (hot summers in Georgia!), service from dealer (with ext. warranty - I know they are not cheap, but I wouldn't think of buying a car this technological without a reserve plan). Quick story: A magical pebble leaped up/was tossed up @ highway speed and hit my radiator @ the perfect angle to pierce my radiator and the A/C system tube behind it - This WASN'T covered by warranty - Dealer SPLIT the cost of repair with me to earn my biz/trust. Didn't have to - In my book, that's good cust. serv

Dislikes: Better MPG, improve build quiality some (should both front wheel bearings / hub assemblies be going out @ 70K miles?), drivers seat heater is SLOW to warm up (gets a lil' cold in GA, too).

Outstanding car, only very Minor problems
By jland216

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am very satisfied with my 2006 Infiniti M35x I brought it recently in August 2011 with 86,000 Miles on it and I currently have 98,000 Miles (Highway Miles) So far only had Minor issues. The first problem I had was the drivers side wheel bearing went bad $400.00. I had a very small oil leak but it was from Jiffy Lube forgetting to put back on the gasket for the drain plug. And my driver seat is broke but operational to drive the car safely needs a seat bracket and a new motor $1100. As far as the power train very nice acceleration but not as strong as the M45. Engine is loud but I like the way it sounds like a muscle car. Smooth ride overall very reliable on long road trips.

Love the Navigation and bluetooth feature rear back up camera all the buttons and gadgets. Car is well loaded even for the standard version, I dont have the adaptive cruise control feature love the headlights they move with the way you steer. The 2006 and 2007 models dont have the iPod AUX feature installed only the 2008 and above so I installed it myself the unit is $200 on ebay or at best buy but dont get the Gromin one on ebay it sucks search ebay for a good one the Nissan brand one works great. I have the isimple unit from best buy works alright.

The main improvements I would like to see on this car would be a 6th gear on the trans because the RPM is too high (3000+) on the highway at 70MPH or so. Also better gas mileage which a higher gear will help especially for the M45 owners. Other than that Great car I plan to keep it for 4 to 5 years or 275,000 Miles which ever comes first.

Still love the M
By pressman

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is one amazing car, nearly 5 years into its life, it still kicks, its handling is almost without equal for a car in its class. Still a looker from the front, never understood the tail lights, everybody who sits in the car says WOW. My g-friend calls it the space ship. I am a serious driver and I LOVE THIS CAR.

hi-end surround sound is superb w 13 speakers, and just the way it drives. Power and brakes, that's what keeps you agile and safe, and this car has both in spades.

Now they have a sixth gear, great. Better stock tires, I upgraded to a set of 4 all season Michelin's ($1200) and what a difference. Made the ride a little quieter, but it is still a tad noisy.

Reliable, Fun To Drive
By StillaYankee

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having to finally give up my 94 Q45a 2 years ago I searched for months for a car that would fill the void. Had my heart set on a GS but a dealer recommendation convinced me on the M35 Sport and I'm so glad he did. The car handles great, the ride is reasonably quiet (probably quieter than most reviews but you can hear the tires when the radio isn't on) and the power is amazing for a 6 cylinder. I do wish they had added an extra gear or 2 like others have commented as getting the same mileage as my 10 year old Q wasn't expected. If I just travel on the Interstate I can squeeze out 21-22 mpg if I drive like my wife. Don't expect more than 20-25k on the tires.

Seats, build quality, acceleration, push button start, ac front seats (though my kids wish the rear seats had it too!), backup camera, trunk space (enough for 2 large baseball gear bags, bucket of balls, team bag & cooler!)

Hopefully Infiniti has improved the quality of the voice nav system. It sometimes doesn't understand a street name but recognizes others that I'd think it wouldn't. Increased gas mileage is a MUST.