2006 Infiniti M35 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific M35 model:
Good..but not perfect...Secret: Extend. Warranty
By sikkdaddy on 03/02/12 07:31 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my pre-owned '06 M35x last Spring ('11) with roughly 60K miles - Had done a lot of research and had owned an older I-30 with 275K miles (replaced tranny @ 230K miles) - Had great luck, wanted to keep the brand. During my research, I kept hearing others mentioning the Infiniti Elite Extended Warranty - I had heard about a dealer in Arizona (Scottsdale I believe) that had the best prices - I dealt with a lady named Courtney (Finance Mgr.). I didn't/don't have a ton of discretionary $ - So the $1600-$1700 for the extended warranty was a hard pill to swallow - Especially for my wife - But we "found" the $. Have MORE than recouped the $ invested (both frt. wheel bearings, CD plyr)

Outstanding car, only very Minor problems
By jland216 on 12/19/11 08:53 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Overall I am very satisfied with my 2006 Infiniti M35x I brought it recently in August 2011 with 86,000 Miles on it and I currently have 98,000 Miles (Highway Miles) So far only had Minor issues. The first problem I had was the drivers side wheel bearing went bad $400.00. I had a very small oil leak but it was from Jiffy Lube forgetting to put back on the gasket for the drain plug. And my driver seat is broke but operational to drive the car safely needs a seat bracket and a new motor $1100. As far as the power train very nice acceleration but not as strong as the M45. Engine is loud but I like the way it sounds like a muscle car. Smooth ride overall very reliable on long road trips.

Still love the M
By pressman on 11/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

This is one amazing car, nearly 5 years into its life, it still kicks, its handling is almost without equal for a car in its class. Still a looker from the front, never understood the tail lights, everybody who sits in the car says WOW. My g-friend calls it the space ship. I am a serious driver and I LOVE THIS CAR.

Reliable, Fun To Drive
By StillaYankee on 10/08/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After having to finally give up my 94 Q45a 2 years ago I searched for months for a car that would fill the void. Had my heart set on a GS but a dealer recommendation convinced me on the M35 Sport and I'm so glad he did. The car handles great, the ride is reasonably quiet (probably quieter than most reviews but you can hear the tires when the radio isn't on) and the power is amazing for a 6 cylinder. I do wish they had added an extra gear or 2 like others have commented as getting the same mileage as my 10 year old Q wasn't expected. If I just travel on the Interstate I can squeeze out 21-22 mpg if I drive like my wife. Don't expect more than 20-25k on the tires.

Best Bargain in the Luxury Category
By Tim on 09/15/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan AWD (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

So far, our 2006 M35X has far exceeded our expectations. The interior especially, is something that needs to be seen and used to be appreciated. Out of all the gizmos and gadgets controlled by the center console and LCD screen, it is somehow still very easy and convenient to use. The seats are supportive and "sporty" while still being a very comfortable place to spend the afternoon. Performance from the 3.5 V6 is more than adequate, although it isn't an adrenaline pumping muscle car, of course. Best way to describe it is "deceptively fast". It never slams you in the seat, but 80 mph happens quickly and very easily. Overall, there aren't many negatives I can say about the car.

A lot of bang for the buck.
By Michael on 12/08/09 10:09 AM (PST)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

After driving my 2006 M35 Sport for a month I am really happy. The ride is very smooth and much quieter than the reviews make out. The seats are extremely comfortable and the engine has more than enough power for my needs. For being a 4 year old car, there is only one minor rattle coming from somewhere near the glove box and that is intermittent. On the downside, the center stack controls do take some getting used to and the gas mileage is not great. I'm averaging about 21 mpg. Overall this really is a great car, fun to drive, and with distinctive looks.

Best Luxury Sedan for the Money
By REG on 10/31/09 13:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I leased my M for 39 months and it was nearly perfect in every way. Solid performance, ultra comfort, every feature you can think of (and more), and as reliable as they get. No defects whatsoever, and OK gas mileage (22.5 mpg). I'm waiting for the next gen M which will be another killer and, supposedly, a hot hybrid as well.

Great But
By AEL on 08/24/09 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

Car is very good BUT there are some things that are ridiculous. The one that is driving me nuts and is dangerous and cannot be fixed is the Phone/navigation system. Some over paid fool allowed it that when you are on the cars blue tooth phone (incoming volume to low) the Map screen switches to a display telling you on the phone. The Map cannot be shown unless you get off the phone. So if you are using the Navigation system and you get or place a call you have to pull off the road until you've finished your conversation. There so far is no fix - its part of the design.

Bought M35Sport used with 28k miles
By funnn25 on 08/02/09 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 Sport 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

I paid $25k and traded my 07' bmw 335 sport with 48k miles for $24k. Interior: M35 winner Exterior: M35 winner (more chrome accents) Performance: BMW 335 winner Audio: Tie Road Noise: BMW 335 winner Accessories: M35 winner (keyless start, back up camera) Comfort: M35 Maintenance: BMW 335 before 50k miles since BMW pays for all maintenance but after M35 is the winner, also 335 needs new rear tires every 6 months at $250 per tire Winner: M35 if you want luxury and 335 if you want pure performance.

Incredible car/affordable used
By Mick on 07/29/09 09:49 AM (PDT)

2006 Infiniti M35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 5A)

The M35 is the hands down winner that delivers an excellent balance of price, reliability, performance and features. For some reason, the M35's first two years of depreciation is greater than most other luxury cars making used models very affordable. Why? I have no idea; the M35 one of the best sedans on the market. It is likely you can find this model about 2 years old at less than half of original MSRP. I purchased mine about a year ago (8/2008) and it is still under full factory warranty (5/60 b2b, 6/70 pwrtrain). O2 sensor replacement was the only warranty job performed to date. No other issues. An all around incredible car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.