Used 2013 Infiniti M Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Infiniti M - Consumer Reviews

2013 Infiniti M Sedan

View reviews for a specific M model:

20,000 mi UPDATE
By ooty74

2013 Infiniti M Sedan M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

After nearly two years of ownership I can still find no fault with this car. It's beautiful, I've had NO mechanical problems and it's a blast to drive. CONSUMER REPORTS was right when they recommended it over the MB E350 and the BMW 5's for 4 straight years. Infiniti got it right when they designed this car. I've gotten so many complements on my car. Everything from "wow"," what a beautiful car, what kind of a car is that?" and "who owns that Infiniti?" and did I mention that Infiniti gave me 3,000.00 dollars of free oil changes and safety checks when I bought my car. NO REGRETS HERE :)

Favorite Features

muscular yet elegant body design. Looks like a Jag-MASERATI hybrid on steroids. Convenient features and great ergonomics. Impeccable reliability. Superb handling. I have the sport 4 wheel active steering model. A much better performer than a E350 or a 5 series

Suggested Improvements

A little less throaty on acceleration

A great car, but somewhat bipolar
By Chris Enlow

2013 Infiniti M Sedan M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I frequently love my M37, when the ECU isn't fighting itself it has excellent grunt and acceleration. However, you never know what car you are going to get when you crank it; sometimes it is torquey head snapping acceleration and other times it is a high revving whiner with artificial turbo lag that you have to kick in the rear end to get going and then takes off like a rocketship. I feel this is all due to the software that controls the car and it just isn't right for reliable, spirited driving. I do hope there will be a software upgrade that makes this car perform in a more consistent manner.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling, acceleration... when it decides to give it to you, handling.

Suggested Improvements

Infiniti needs to throw that Bose radio/navigation system away, too cumbersome to operate, radio is lifeless (really only treble and bass adjustment on an upgraded Bose system?), integration with IPhone is poor compared to other vehicles. Finally, the paint on this car is total crapola, very thin and easily damaged, Infiniti should be ashamed at the quality of the paint.

Best Car Ever
By jimd18

2013 Infiniti M Sedan M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

My wife is driving a G37 which we both love. When my jealousy finally got to be too much I scrapped my SUV for a 2013 M37. My alternatives were the Lexus GS350 and the Audi A6. These are both comfortable and excellent to drive. What pushed the M37 to the top is the comfort, interior room and nearly perfect ergonomics in terms of controls, etc. The car is a blast to drive, has more comfort and sophistication than the G37, but is smoother and quieter on the inside. I've had Lexus, Mercedes and BMW's, but I would easily trade any of them for my M37.

Favorite Features

Control layout Interior room and comfort Engine

Suggested Improvements

none at the moment

fast and furious
By ooty74

2013 Infiniti M Sedan M37 4dr Sedan (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

Bought my 2013 M37 sport 5 months ago and have no regrets. The M37 has been recommended by Consumer Reports for the past 3 years as their top luxury car. I looked at the E350, Lexus GS sport and the BMW 5 series but bought the M37 based on it's performance (0-60 in 5 sec), beauty (looks like a Maserati-Jag hybrid w/muscle) and solid reliability (due to it's low repair cost it's recommended as a used car). My car is quick and snarls (I love it) when I speed up to pass someone and I have caught a number of BMW boys giving my M37S a second glance..... You gotta check this car out. You will love it.

Favorite Features

fast, great concerning ability - very athletic

Suggested Improvements

none

The M37xS puts the Sport in Luxury Sport Sedan
By tgphilly

2013 Infiniti M Sedan M37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

I recently upgraded to an Obsideon Black 2013 M37xS from a Malbec Black 2011 G37xS Sedan coming off of an 18 month lease. I also considered an M56xS, Q50 S AWD, FX37, Audi A6, Jaguar XF 3.0 AWD, and Chrysler 300 SRT8. The M won me over with it's combination of athleticism, size, and class. I have the Sport and Premium Packages, making this my perfect blend of luxury and sport. I'd consider myself an enthusiast-level driver and appreciate the go-fast bits. While the G37 may be more sports car-like, the M37 has plenty of grunt and feels next-level upscale, matching an A6, 5 Series, E Class, etc. This car has seen extensive snow, having easily traversed at least 7 inches worth multiple times.

Favorite Features

- Exterior design is bold and muscular - 20" rims look incredible - Acceleration - Cornering - Upscale interior - Rear seat room - Drive Mode Select; Sport, Standard, Eco, Snow - Incredible in the snow - Strong sound system - Column-mounted paddle shifters

Suggested Improvements

- The steering wheel heater button is in a ridiculously inconvenient place. It's located beneath the driver's left knee and requires an awkward bend to reach. - Fold-down rear seats would be convenient - Heads-up display would be a nice add