2012 Infiniti M 3.7L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - A wonderful ride and excellent

2012 Infiniti M - Consumer Review

2012 Infiniti M M37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

M37x Sedan (3.7L V6 AWD 7-speed Automatic)

A wonderful ride and excellent buying experience
By drinwv on

2012 Infiniti M M37x 4dr Sedan AWD (3.7L 6cyl 7A)

The cabin is absolutely luxurious, with a very sporty feel. All of the materials feel wonderful (I got the Premium and Deluxe Touring packages, which add a little to the experience). It is whisper quiet, has LOADS of power, and an amazing array of gizmos. In searching, I ended up visiting dealerships in two different states, and they were both really great. I bought it at Cochran Infiniti in Pittsburgh, and they include a pick-up service where they'll drop off a loaner Infiniti and take your car to service (even though we live 80 miles away!).

Favorite Features

Power, ride quality, stereo, feel of interior materials, exterior design
By drtate
on 03/27/13 12:02 PM (PDT)

I wrote this review and have some updates (I recently traded in the M for a 2012 Audi A8). So here are the parts that got to me over time: - The cabin is NOT whisper quiet. It's actually pretty loud. The upgraded Bose 16-speaker stereo is supposed to do something about the noise, but it doesn't. At all. It's a LOT louder than I was hoping for. Edmunds found the interior noize level at 68.7dB (here: http://www.edmunds.com/infiniti/m37/2011/road-test-specs2.html). That's higher than the BMW 535i at 67dB and the MB E550 at 66.9dB (couldn't find info for the E350), and even the E350 CONVERTIBLE at 67.1dB). - For all of its technology, it didn't ever surprise me with an "Ohhh, it does THAT" experience. It does what it does, and it just didn't feel as advanced as I was hoping. Granted, I didn't get the Technology Package (adaptive cruise control, lane assist, etc.) because all of the reviews stated that these systems were really intrusive. But maybe I would have been more impressed if I had gotten that package. - It's only got a rear camera, tho it's got a LOOOONG hood. That hood is sexy as anything IMO, but it needs to have a front camera or at least front sensors. - The trunk feels really cheap. I don't know why, but it didn't actually close more than half the time. I would have liked to have a power open/close option. - The nav screen could be bigger. There's room for it (at least an inch on each side is just black plastic), so it looks like someone decided to go with a smaller screen. Still like: - The sound and the power. They're just GREAT! - The interior design and materials are beautiful. - The seats are comfortable as anything. The upgraded semi-aniline leather is really nice. My new opinion: Buy one used and you'll be happy as a clam if you want a fairly luxurious SPORTY sedan. If your main goal is luxury or technology, I think you should look elsewhere. For example, the BMW 5 series offers a heads up display, night vision and power close doors and trunk, along with internet connectivity. None of those are available in the M.