Used 2013 Infiniti JX SUV Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Infiniti JX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:

Infiniti failed with this car
By Sarah C

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I know that I will never buy another Infiniti again. We have a Nissan truck that cost almost $30k less, and it drives like a champ. My car is 3 years old, and we have already had to replace the transmission- which cost an additional $5300. Nothing on this vehicle can be serviced by a mechanic, everything must come from the dealer. The bluetooth barely works, we can never get the DVD player to work, the GPS is inaccurate, and had routed me to a 2-track jeep trail that almost killed me, I even busted my wheel bearing going down this road trying to stay alive. The service department is great and very helpful, and the car is comfortable. The cruise control is awesome, but for $55,000, I will never make this purchase again. We have spent more time in the shop with this vehicle than any other vehicle, even ones that we bought pre-owned. A new transmission with only a 12,000 mile warranty is unacceptable.

The Infiniti JX35 is CRAPTASTIC
By RobK

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Multiple issues w/ front passenger side airbag sensors not working correctly. The airbag would turn off while someone was seated in it. The Infiniti dealer in Fresno wasn't able to fix it, they gave us multiple excuses from "it's working as designed" to "your not sitting in it correctly". What a crock!! The transmission failed at 59K miles which was covered under warranty although the new transmission only came with a 12K mile warranty. The wipers would come on whenever the felt like it. The weather stripping for the rear doors would regularly fall off. What topped it all off was the service advisor recommending that we not keep the car past 100K miles! The advisor told my wife that he had looked into buying a JX35 for his wife but opted to buy a Honda due to reliability issues. So last Saturday (7/9/16), was my second best day of JX35 ownership, I sold it! I will never own another Infiniti product ever!

Stranded in a disabled JX35 and towed TWICE!
By Gal-z

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car is terribly unreliable. In the 3 years Ive owned this vehicle, it has been in the shop 5 times for repair. When you purchase a $50,000 vehicle don't expect to have transmissions problems, broken fuel line , corroded battery at 34k mlies.
Unless you enjoy loaner cars & repair bills.....do not purchase an Infiniti JX35

Great Overall!
By Erika K.

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I bought this car blindly without test driving so overall I am happy. However after reading other reviews and driving it for 2 months I can agree with them on some issues. For example, the acceleration is very disappointing but it helps that I have controls to switch to sport if I want to go faster because on ECO it goes at a snails pace. The controls for radio, air and phone are to far spaced and as a female my hands do not fit in the little compartment to charge my phone. The aux cord in the console is in the most awkward spot and is difficult to access. The Bluetooth rarely works correctly which is very annoying. We also have the entertainment/tech package and the way he dvd system works is also awkward with too many steps just to watch a dvd. My car is still under warranty and the leader in the back seat is splitting and spreading, I eager to see if Infinity will do anything about it. Also l, the look of the vehicle is pretty much s station wagon so I wish it was more stylish. On the bright side it is roomy and the 3rd row is easily accessible and my husband or 14yr old son can sit comfortably back there. Overall it's a good value and recommend to others.

awesome!!!
By Vanessa

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

It's a great car affordable luxury