Very functional car that is fun to drive
By dgc3043 on
2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Downsizing from a loaded Ford Expedition I wanted similar functionality in a vehicle that was more city friendly/drove like a car. At 6'7" with 2 kids still in the house I was very impressed with the flexibility of the JX. With the driver's seat fully adjusted for me and my 38" inseam, a large adult can sit comfortably behind me. Mid sized adults can realistically fit in the 3rd row. Not as much cargo room as the Expedition but significantly more than what you would think--car looks smaller on the outside but is quite cavernous on the inside. The vehicle drives very nice; I crave silence on the freeway and the JX is quiet at speed, absorbs bumps well, has solid acceleration and braking.
Favorite Features
Car like ride in an AWD cross over that provides large SUV functionality. Ability to manually shift--hold it in 3rd, run the RPMs up ~5K and the car will flat out move. Very torquey--moves to speed without much effort. Technology laden--split screen DVDs in the rear and 4 video sources available; beepers and sensors abound; blind spot monitoring works well as does front and rear collision warrning systems; Nav is easy to use; bluetooth works seamlessly/connects to my phone or my wife's without problems; voice controls actually work; power liftgate is nice; can unlock and lock car without digging for the clicker/key by pushing the button on the outside door handle--v cool; auto up/dn wdws
Suggested Improvements
No pop up rear glass, only a power opening rear door. Load it to the max open the door and watch ur gear fall out; the cargo net does help prevent that somewhat; manually folding 3rd row seats should be pwr; CVT takes some getting used to but once you learn to use your foot pressure on the throttle to manage shift points it is very nice, as opposed to holding the throttle in one spot and letting the trans do the shifting. Seem to get better fuel economy with the cruise off than with it on--runs at higher RPM with cruise; would like to use cruise but disengage the intelligent cruise; wife says the buttons on the main cluster could be more intuitive; daughter wants power 2nd row recline :)..