Sophisticated Artistry meets cutting edge technology
By mckinnoncity on
2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
My wife and I think this car is awesome. Coming off of three consecutive Nissan Murano's we set out on a quest to find something "better than Murano." Spent several months shopping luxury cars and nothing was better than Murano. lincoln has "turn signals from ____ , cramped front passenger seat and you can't one hand it in a parking lot. That's where we started our shopping. Explorer and the other lincoln don't have flat floors on the passenger side front. Same with the FX. Volvo has insufficient arm rests... and limited inventory. Cadillac SRX was falling apart in the show room. MDX and jeep are nice, but their trucks. Finally a car that is perfect. Leave it to Nissan to figure it out.
Favorite Features
Large windows. Elegant exterior with muscle built in. BatMobile view of hood from front seat. The various driving modes which are perfect for switching between feeling like your in an old lincoln to Sport mode which drives faster so you can get up and boogie when you have 15 cars behind you in a left turn lane. The better wipers that go tch tch... pause... tch tch. I love that. Better doors and seals.The ride is much nicer, now I can read in the car without getting sick. The flat dash is great for setting photography equipment and binoculars and the like. Lots of storage; little shelf for device storage in glove box, extra pockets on backs of seats and great little spot on top in console.
Suggested Improvements
Okay pick pick: the rear seat belts wont stay back in thier holders (who cares), the front foot room is slightly tighter than Murano, Nav is not exactly self explanatory (that's okay though right), roof rails are ridiculous; 700+ dollars ?. Many Infiniti dealers like to "protect the asset." meaning tell you to take a hike. that's annoying when you are a faithful customer of Nissan for twenty years and just want a fair price. Had to travel over 200 miles to get around that. In S. fl.- Lauderdale Infiniti ask for Jay. Nice if Infiniti would iron out their packages and make the panoramic roof and remote start more reachable.
By mckinnoncity
on 06/23/12 19:12 PM (PDT)

Oops. I believe the seat belt hold backs do work. Just put the metal part in the hold back and there is a nice little ball in there to hold it in place. The audio is excellent with only Premium Pkg. Front vents are not great at directional air flow. Head rests do not tilt. Nor does steering wheel. Doesn't bother my wife and I at all though.