Positive First Impressions with the JX
By rtmoorewy on
2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I just picked up my new JX this week and my initial impressions are very favorable. My JX is the Emerald Graphite AWD with the premium package. This is my second Infiniti (2007 FX35). The fit and finish is impeccable. The emerald paint is a deep metallic rich, subtly changing hue in different lights. The java interior is beautiful, as well as very comfortable. There is plenty of interior room, including headroom. 3rd row seat is low, but roomy. The floor is level throughout, and plenty of visibility all around. The controls are well placed. This car is clearly designed for quiet and comfort. By design, it does not have the same performance & handling of other Infinitis. But, loads of tech!
Favorite Features
The technology features are great - almost overwhelming at first. We spent over an hour the first night, setting up & learning features. The hands-free, voice features, and NAV are greatly improved over my 07 FX. The Infiniti Personal Assistant is definitely a feature we are looking forward to utilizing. I love that the JX sits up higher than the FX, the large windows & the power liftgate. The 360-degree parking camera system & front and rear parking sensors are great. I also like that the NAV is touch screen - but can be controlled several ways. The Bose premium sound system is also much better than the one in my FX. There are so many nice features & touches that they cannot all be listed.
Suggested Improvements
I understood that this vehicle was a departure for Infiniti in terms of design & purpose, so this is not really a negative - but I will miss the usual Infiniti power & performance characteristics. But I love the comfort and other features. Otherwise, I have not really found anything that sticks out as needing improvement, other than maybe higher performance tires as standard.