Poor fuel economy
By icc2012 on
2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I've been driving the car for about 500 miles and I get under 12 mpg combined highway/city in Sport mode. What is even more outrageous is that if I drive in normal or eco mode all I get is under 9 mpg. Is this other owners experience or this particular vehicle has an issue? Planning to take it back to dealership to check what's going on. Also, sometimes the satellite radio reception in poor? Anybody else having this issue?
Favorite Features
Safety features
Suggested Improvements
Fuel economy
By orlflor
on 03/21/13 10:23 AM (PDT)

MY JX35 PASSENGER AIRBAG DEACTIVATION LIGHT TURNS ON RANDOMLY. I TOOK MY AUTOMOBILE TO THE DEALER AT LEAST SIX (6) TIMES AND DEALER COULDN'T REPRODUCE IT. I RECORDED SEVERAL VIDEOS OF THIS ISSUE WHERE MY WIFE OR EVEN MYSELF IS IN THE PASSENGER SEAT AND THE DEACTIVATION AIR BAG LIGHT TURNS ON WHILE THE CAR IS IN MOTION. FINALLY!!!!! THE DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION & NATIONAL HIGHWAY TRAFFIC SAFETY ADMINISTRATION RELEASED A RECALL ?OCCUPANT DETECTION SYSTEM MAY DISABLE PASS AIR BAG? ON 03/12/13 SEE BELOW LINK: http://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/owners/SearchResultsByUrlCode.action?referenceSearch.requestId=1372&referenceSearch.urlCode=QD8W3GZB2EQIBFG ALSO EXPERIENCING A PROBLEM WITH THE CITY MPG, I OBTAINING AN AVERAGE OF 10MPG INSTEAD OF 18MPG OFFERED, THIS IS DEFINETELY A FRAUD. COMPLAIN AT THE ABOVE LINK.

By granolla
on 04/30/13 08:46 AM (PDT)

Here Infiniti went a put a CVT transmisson in the JX for what they quoted fuel economy. Now not only did they kill the performance and fun of driving that they are noted for, but it didnt even save much on gas......

By alex166
on 01/17/13 17:24 PM (PST)

I drove already 3000 miles on my JX35 and so far I only saw 15 mix street and freeway to 16 mpg if I drive on ECO, and I am alone in the car. I can not imagine if I drive on sport mode and with 2-3 more people with me, it will be probably 9mpg. Shame on Infiniti!!! I spoke today to a lawyer and I think I will file a complaint and will sue them for false advertising and misleading the customers. Kia and Hyundai already lost their case and have to pay to 900,000 owners for overstating mileage.