2013 Infiniti JX Consumer Review: Not thrilling but nice

2013 Infiniti JX - Consumer Review

JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic)

Not thrilling but nice
By mike997 on

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We did a lot of research before deciding on the JX and we have been driving it for about 3 weeks.
We are leasing it so this review is based upon a fully loaded model (every package, MSRP was $58k). I will say it is a perfect, flat-land cruiser for mom.
I love the interior design and appointments.
The exterior, i think, is the most flaterring - GMC, Acura, Honda & Toyota all just look the same; the JX has style.
We live in 'moderate hills' in the SF Bay Area and the JX really stinks on the gas milage - we avg 14 mpg.
Also backing up the driveway is very sluggish, must be the CVT.
My wife says "it's just not peppy and seems sluggish" however once on the flats it's fine.

The interior cabin, lane departure warning system is subtle and effective, cooled seats.

Find the special mix of power to weight and proper transmission. Seems ridiculous that my big ol' 4-door truck, 8yrs old, with a V8 gets the same mpg as the JX. I think in the combo of AWD and CVT has to go... i'd say if you're driving any sort of hills the CVT gets 'confused' as to which gear it should be in.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By granolla
on 04/30/13 08:50 AM (PDT)

For $58,000 you should be able to back up your driveway and drive on hills. CVT transmisson.......