Honest Review!!!!!!!
By legit_reviewer on
2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
I'm writing a review for the 1st time because I was so annoyed by the so called "Expert Reviewers" about the JX35..They seem to know it all after only test driving the car for few minutes..I also wonder if these experts have little kids to be able to relate why this vehicle is designed for its specific purpose..Why I think my review is more meaningful?? Because I owned many cars (usually 3 to 4 at a time) and I change cars yearly (yeah call it crazy!)..I am only going to talk about the luxury SUV/CUV here bacause the JX is in that category..SUV/CUV I owned were; Lex RX 330, Volvo XC90, Land Rover LR4, Infiniti FX35, Merc Benz ML320, and Lex GX470..No to MDX, X5, n Q7 due to stiff suspension.
Favorite Features
Like the other reviewer below, I also traded an 07 Lexus GX470...Love the Lexus but I like all the latest technology on the JX35...The 360deg camera is great...As the Project Manager of the JX stated (search it), the "JX is NOT about 0-60"..In my opnion for those who are complaining about its performance, go get yourselves a REAL sports car and stop being "wanabe" (yes, I owned real luxury sports cars too, if you're asking)..you must understand that the JX is perfect for its intended purpose A comfortable family CUV with sufficient power and handling capabilities..the CVT is appropriate for the car because it aids for better mpg..very roomy and great 3rd row.solid car..highly recommended.
Suggested Improvements
Very luxurious interior but the steering wheel and shifter knob are made of cheap plastic/rubber materials...Should not be acceptable for Inifiniti brand....Steering wheel and shifter knob should be genuine leather with wood trim...(like Lexus or MB)
By granolla
on 06/03/13 03:12 AM (PDT)

I myself have owned many of cars and SUV. The CVT transmission does NOT fit this crossover. Please test drive many times before buying, especially on some hills. There is a lack of power as well as awkward shifting. You will experience downshifting which is very annoying. It doesn't get better as you own it, just more annoying. If you read all the post and comments here you will find one common concern is of power and transmission, the comments are there for a reason. Yes it looks good , inside is nice, but when your spending this kind of money you don't need to sacrifice. It's not worth the 2.00 you will save at the pump. I bought it and don't want others to get stuck. Good Luck.

By brifromwi
on 06/19/12 07:03 AM (PDT)

Believe it or not, it's actually leather. I said the same thing to the salesman, and he scratched it in an inconspicuous spot to prove it. Regardless, it looks like crap. I hope Infiniti saved a bundle on it, because it definitely cheapens the interior.....