CVT kills this truck!
By ctsoccerfamily on
2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)
Bought this car in May for my wife, she loved it from the first time she saw it on the commercials durring the NCAA tournament. I have to qualify my review by letting you know that my wife loves this car and its by far her favorite family car that we've owned. The JX is packed with technology and is quite a good looking car. Its very well thought out and the design and tech features are very intuitive. The performance of the car is another story. By 2013 standards this car is simply underpowered. The constant drone of the CVT as is searches/skips gears is annoying to say the least. Infiniti should take their "mulligan" and come out with an upgraded engine and ditch the CVT for 2014
Favorite Features
The awesome technology offerings
Suggested Improvements
Infiniti needs to ditch the CVT and give this beautiful crossover something more powerful than the base model Ford Taurus engine that its currently equipped with!
By granolla
on 04/30/13 11:58 AM (PDT)

For the price of the JX This should not even be a question on the consumer review, But the question is being asked everwhere, Why? You should not have to use a fake me out knob to have your JX perform like a traditional transmisson. If you do put it in sport as I did watch you gas miliage plummet (defeating the purpose they put the CVT in the JX). Bottom line the CVT under performs and doesnt belong in this Cross over. Performance lags and the constant hunting for gears by the CVT is annoying to say the least. I agree with ctsoccorfamily. Test drive a lot before buying dont let the interior overwhelm you, it wears off fast.

By mckinnoncity
on 07/22/12 18:30 PM (PDT)

Are you kidding? See that little knob on the console? Put it in Sport and say goodnight. This thing hauls like I can't believe. Better yet, drop it in to Manual shift mode at any time. It grabs a gear instantly and you are in complete control of the car. Acceleration is outstanding in my opinion! I've driven a CVT for 10 years and their is nothing like them. With length of pedal options and manual mode, I'm in heaven. Listen to your wife. She has wisdom.