2013 Infiniti JX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:
Liking it more and more
By frank4001 on 06/11/12 19:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Love the way it drives, the room and interior. Looks better than the pictures too. I'm not sure why the reviewers say it's slow and dosen't handle great. While it's not a dragster off the line it has the plenty of power for passing on the highway and getting around town...plus excellent mileage. I think it handles and drives excellent. It's silent and all the features work great. My wife can't be happier. I'ts her daily driver. The trany is fine too. We drove the XC90,XC60, MDX, Lexus 350, Audi Q5 and Q7 and the BMW X5. We took delivery in early May and have put 2500 hundred miles on it due to a long trip. We have the Premium, Tech and Theater packages and the car is White/Tan int.

Honest Review!!!!!!!
By legit_reviewer on 06/04/12 16:11 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I'm writing a review for the 1st time because I was so annoyed by the so called "Expert Reviewers" about the JX35..They seem to know it all after only test driving the car for few minutes..I also wonder if these experts have little kids to be able to relate why this vehicle is designed for its specific purpose..Why I think my review is more meaningful?? Because I owned many cars (usually 3 to 4 at a time) and I change cars yearly (yeah call it crazy!)..I am only going to talk about the luxury SUV/CUV here bacause the JX is in that category..SUV/CUV I owned were; Lex RX 330, Volvo XC90, Land Rover LR4, Infiniti FX35, Merc Benz ML320, and Lex GX470..No to MDX, X5, n Q7 due to stiff suspension.

Comfortable Car!
By geebers on 06/03/12 21:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded my 2007 GX 470 for a JX 35; I couldn't be much happier. I've had my JX for 2 weeks now and loving my new SUV. It's really comfortable and easy to drive. The interior looks expensive and classy. Great technology; love the 360 degree camera.

so far so good
By nyctom on 05/26/12 11:03 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

here is my impression after 1 week. the jx rides smooth and coming from 2 lexus rx350 i think infinity has gone the extra mile as far a the interior and nice little details where i felt lexus had cheapened the interior and when i tried to order a mark levinson sound system it was a 5 month wait..I like the bose sound system and the cvt is smooth and no lack of power here. I did drive the mdx and that is much faster but not as nice of a ride. the car does have some body lean around curves but not so that i bothers me. i can only hope its reliable as with 2 lexus i never had anything go wrong in 6 years.. go check it out its nice

Wow!!! The JX is loaded!!
By suzieq184 on 05/01/12 19:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Absolutely love my new JX. Quality in every way. The SUV comes loaded with great features and is the most comfortable ride.

Impressed
By brifromwi on 04/26/12 17:33 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Purchased an AWD JX with Premium Pkg and am impressed with the vehicle after 500 miles. Traded a 2007 Lexus GX and really don't miss it. Gas mileage has been about 20 mpg with mixed city/highway driving. Comfortable and well laid out interior. Overall a very nice vehicle.

Very nice family CUV!
By foody on 04/21/12 17:31 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Traded in a '11 QX56 for the JX35 AWD. It is the wife's new soccer mom mobile! Hopefull, the MPG will be better than the QX! The JX35 came with Premium pkg, Theater pkg, Deluxe Touring pkg, Tow pkg, and Roof Rails. We really like the java interior with maple interior accents; the 20" wheels look nice too. The interior is very plush and roomy. It looks and feels high end. The second row moves about 5 inches fwd/aft, which is a great feature-more leg room. Unlike most of the SUVs in this class, the third row is useful. A 6 ft. adult can sit back there comfortably. Infact, it's just as comfortable as the 3rd row seat on the QX56. Getting in/out of the 3rd row is a breeze.

Positive First Impressions with the JX
By rtmoorewy on 04/20/12 10:38 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I just picked up my new JX this week and my initial impressions are very favorable. My JX is the Emerald Graphite AWD with the premium package. This is my second Infiniti (2007 FX35). The fit and finish is impeccable. The emerald paint is a deep metallic rich, subtly changing hue in different lights. The java interior is beautiful, as well as very comfortable. There is plenty of interior room, including headroom. 3rd row seat is low, but roomy. The floor is level throughout, and plenty of visibility all around. The controls are well placed. This car is clearly designed for quiet and comfort. By design, it does not have the same performance & handling of other Infinitis. But, loads of tech!

First Impressions
By beagle11 on 03/31/12 22:34 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Just took delivery of our emerald graphite JX35 AWD (fully loaded) with java brown interior. My first impressions are as follows: Appearance: As attractive as the JX35 appears in the photos, the vehicle looks even better in person. The exterior styling is very sporty without looking gimmicky. The dark plastic aeroskirts and underbody accents compliment the lines well. While the salesman admitted he was skeptical of the java interior with the dark gray dash and emerald graphite color scheme when we pre-ordered, but was very impressed when it was delivered. The dark brown leather looks very luxurious and breaks up what would be a monochromatic look. It’s definitely one of the smartest looking SUVs on the road today. Performance: The engine is adequate and the ride is more luxurious than it is sporty. For 90% of drivers in this class, it will perform admirably. Plows quite bit into the turns, but this isn’t a M series. Interior: Top notch interior. Seats are firm, but comfortable. I am a large guy over 6 feet, and I can fit in all three rows. The 3rd row would be tough for long periods, but doable for less than an hour. The 3rd row access entry space is big enough for an adult to gain access within to much trouble. Technology: It may take a year or more to get your hands around all of the features. The basic functions are intuitive, but like a really powerful smart phone, the vehicle’s capabilities likely far exceed the user’s mastery of the system’s functionality. The steering wheel controls are reversed from most vehicles, and the different interfaces will take a little while to familiarize myself with being a distraction. Non-Critical, but Quirky Issues: Due to the push-button keyless ignition, there doesn’t appear to be a way to energize the vehicle control systems within starting the vehicle first. There doesn’t appear to be a way to roll up and down windows, or play radio like you would with a vehicle in “accessory mode with a traditional turn-key ignition. There is a very poorly placed “SOS” button for the Infiniti Connect emergency notification system. The button is located on the overhead control panel, approximately ½-inch below the button for the driver-side overhead lamp. When the headlines are engaged, the button is back-lighted, but is easily confused with the overhead light switch in the dark. Yes, I pushed it accidentally on the first evening I drove the car. The response came from Infiniti in approximately 30 seconds and the call center representative was thankfully very understanding. While the odds of changing a tire yourself is remote with roadside assistance, the rear Bose Direct-Wave speaker and plastic rear hatch liner would need o be removed prior to accessing the under-body high pressure spare tire and jack. Remote start will not work with second key located inside of within close proximity of the vehicle. Once the second key was removed from the car, it started right up. While the DVD playing in the back can be viewed on the front heads-up monitor, the car must be stopped and the emergency break engaged before it will come up. No CD changer, but rather a hard drive storage system where you can burn hundreds on CDs onto prior to leaving. Unclear if the burn function works with audio books. Overall: I think Acura is going to have to re-design the MDX this year to match the JX35 main buying demographic. The bar has been raised in that price class. While not perfect and bordering on being too technologically complex, the JX35 hits or exceeds expectations for factors that matter to the 40-something $100K+ income female.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Infiniti JX Suv in NJ is:

$219 per month*