Used 2013 Infiniti JX SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Infiniti Jx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:

Great family car!
By atorreon

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We had a QX56 and loved it but the new JX does everything the QX did in a more user friendly, efficient and better riding way. Gas mileage has been decent while city driving in the high teens. The 2nd row has great leg room and the 3rd row can actually fit a 6ft adult comfortably.

Favorite Features

all the safety features you get with the Drivers Asst package

Suggested Improvements

1. acceleration power is lacking but not a huge issue just as long as you remember you did not buy it to be a race car 2. the jx has basically 5 different packages that have stipulations which may make you buy more then you wanted just to have certain options. some packages can only be had if you get another package with it

Great technology and comfortable but lacking a heart...
By j4kofnova

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have spent a great deal of time behind the wheel of JX in comparison to Audi Q7. First off, hands down the JX has better technology (love the BCI!) than the Q7, and much move functional 3rd row. The JX is a great alternative to a mini-van if don't want that look, need the 3rd row and don't want the heft and size of a Armada/Yukon XL/QX56 type. From this perspecive it is much better than Q7. With that being said here is why I feel the JX falls waaaay short of the Q7. First, the JX feels sluggish and the CVT transmission never seems comfortable in gear. Takes alot of patience to get going. Second, Infiniti's packaging is bizarre. Why do I have to get the theater package to get 20" wheels?

Favorite Features

All the technology!! Blind spot warning system, backup collision intervention, distance control...audio system good, like to options of touch screen or manual control. Comfortable ride but seems noisy compared to other luxury SUV's espically MB M class and Audi Q7.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the CVT. Shouldn't be so sluggish in getting up to speed. Overall experience is comfortable but numb. Doesn't feel inspired or make me want to get back in a drive like getting into the X5, Q7, and M Class MB. Is seems like a paradox to the Infiniti brand, espically if you have driven the G or FX....

First crossover/SUV
By rwen

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looking for a car with 3 row seating that fits 7, including enough space for 3 children needing carseat/boosters, and 3rd row enough leg room for adults. Both Toyota Highlander and Acura MDX are nice but outdated. Almost got 2013 Pathfinder, but deal fell through last minute. Ended up with 2013 JX, 2 wheel drive, with premium, driver assist and theater package, at over $2K under invoice. Felt got a good value, considering Indinity badge, with nice features, and about $5K over top of line Toyota Sienna Limited. Car is quieter than minivan, with better mileage (about 21.5 to 22.5 MPG) with 90% HWY. Await the crash test/safety rating.

Favorite Features

Nice and loaded tech/safety features; around view camera (takes a while to get used to); parking sensor (front & back) and power folding mirros very useful in tight garage. 2nd row seat that allows easier access/exit to 3rd row.

Suggested Improvements

IMHO: Electrochromatic mirror with turn signals. longer passenger side wiper blade; illuminated overhead buttons; move driver memorized setting button to near door opening handle for better visibility; separate control for power folding mirror and door lock buttons further apart (often onfusing). Front passenger seat should have more seating arrangements and memorized button (at this luxury price). Make 2nd row seat memorized once preferred seating level is set, rather than resetting after each use. Raise height of 3rd row seat (? feasible). More front cupholders and front door storage space (holding takeout menu). Softer padding around shift gear for better comfort around Right knee.

Supremely Comfortable and Functional
By snoopbobb

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I are in our early 40s, and we have a toddler. We wanted a car that has all of the practical amenities that we need for our kid and her stuff, along with the luxuries to which we'd become accustomed. The JX suited our needs better than any other vehicle on the market. Also, in the big scheme of things, it's actually a pretty solid value for what you get. E.g., we only paid about $5000 more for a JX that's loaded with the driver-assistance package and theater package than we would've paid for a comparably loaded Toyota Sienna Limited.

Favorite Features

Love the safety features that come with the driver-assistance package, such as blind spot assistance and brake assistance. Love how comfortable it is. It's like driving in a BarcaLounger. Oh, and the heated steering wheel. After using it, I'm not sure how I ever went without it. Love how relatively spacious it is. Adults can fit in the 3rd row seats. If you put the third row down, there's tons of cargo space. Also love how easy it is to access the third row with our toddler's car seat installed.

Suggested Improvements

My only real gripe is that the visibility out the back window is pretty bad. The backup camera helps with that. I also agree with those who've observed that the engine isn't particularly gutsy. However, the engine and performance are more than adequate for our purposes, and a gutsy engine was not a priority for us at all with this purchase. But, if it's a high priority for you, a different car (e.g., RX350 or MDX) might be better for you.

Great family luxury crossover
By e46

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I fist saw the the jx at the 2011 La auto show and I loved it. Finally just what I needed something smaller than my armada than can fit 7 people in luxury. I was glad to find out it was in my 50k price range, so one year later we purchased it. We got fwd (I know should of got all wheel but it's drives just fine) with premium, divers assistance theater pkg. At first we took a look and drove the 2013 pathfinder which the Nissan dealer told us it's the Same thing as the jx. Well it's different. Not to mention the pathfinder interior is plastic fantastic! In conclusion we are glad we got the jx. We have put 6500 miles on it and not one problem. I highly recommend this crossover.

Favorite Features

Navigation and dials a very easy to use not complicated like BMW, Audi, mercedes or Acura(I did my homework). The overall drive is very comfortable, smooth and quite. Interior illumination is great along with good headlight visibility. My favorite features along with everything I pointed out are blind spot warning and back up collision intervention.

Suggested Improvements

Side mirror turn indicators and a higher quality audio system. Bose does not cut it for me, Infiniti should have called Martin Logan!