Used 2013 Infiniti JX SUV Consumer Reviews - 48 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Infiniti JX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:

Do NOT buy this vehcile
By jostajtf

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

BEWARE...do NOT buy a vehicle from Infiniti. They are crooks! I bought a 2013 JX35. Within the 1st 100 miles we noticed the transmission was having problems. Everyone at Infiniti told us that we need to break in the car for 500 miles and that the car has a CVT transmission. Finally we got tired of the transmission continually jerking around and grinding between 10-35 mph and we brought it in. After 9 days in the shop they finally said they need to replace the torque converter. Done. After we picked up the vehicle, the car was doing the same thing as before, yet worse. Back to the dealer, same day. Finally we are told that they need to replace the transmission. Totally unacceptable. Infiniti

CVT Transmission is this car's downfall
By rraffel

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought the JX as the family car.
Loved the third row, and the fact that we did not have to take the car seat out to get to the third row.
Also, even with the seats up, there was a small trunk.
The interior room is great, especially in the rear.
However, between the terrible CVT transmission, and the poor gas mileage, I doubt I would buy this again.
This isn't a performance car by any stretch, but don't want it to be.
However, there are times it barely gets out of its own way - this I blame on the transmission as it seems to be constantly hunting for the best "gear".
Just makes it uncomfortable to drive.
As for gas mileage, we are around 15... far below what we expected.

Third row, interior room, price

Ditch the CVT Transmission Better visibility on the rear camera at night Gas mileage

multiple repairs without satisfaction
By jkwind

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my car in November 2012. Within a few months, I had a problem with a rattle underneath the back seat.
After taking it for repair, the shop informed me that they fixed the problem.
The problem recurred again and this time they informed me that they had to remove the dash to fix the problem.
The car has been back for repair five times for the same issue without addressing the problem successfully.
My efforts to have the manufacturer buy back have been fruitless.
This car is a a disappointment and the customer service is very poor.
This is not what I expected after spending so much much for a luxury car.
Customer care service did a very poor job in dealing with my problem.

The inside of the vehicle is roomy and spacious for the whole family. The controls are located in suitable locations.

Simpler radio/dash controls. Better location for the usb connection. The customer service process especially is dealing with mechanical issues need some improvement. By the way the dealership where I bought the car were great and have worked with me better than the manufacturer.

Not So Great...
By granolla

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I drove the JX for 25000 miles, the lack of acceleration and the odd workings of the CVT I could not take.
The JX struggles.. If you have not driven a vehicle with a CVT transmission Do Your Homework. It is awkward compared to a traditional transmission. The engine will rev at times unexpected ,it is much louder, and you get the feeling of downshifting. They give you a selector switch that you can turn to sport mode to make it feel like a traditional transmission (not). I had actually called infinity a few times regarding the odd reving and the feel of this. They told me no one had complained, i couldnt believe it. I have driven so many cars and suv's in my time , this was the first I ever sold back at a loss.. The odd thing was the following year the only change they made was to reprogram the transmission to feel like a conventional transmission. i cant believe they did that just for me......Understanding it is SUV/ crossover, it does not take to turns well comparable. Bottom line at this price It underperforms. They need to either really improve those transmissions or go a diffrent direction. It does not belong in there. Would take my CX9 Back tomorrow.

Wonderful vehicle!
By maxine13

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband was gracious enough to surprise me with the JX a month ago.
The JX is amazing!
The safety and technology features cannot be beat.
I have been researching a new car for a year, from highest end to mediocre and truly feel the JX is the best value for your money.
No, it is not the fastest at accelerating...but take it for what it is. It is a crossover/suv, not a sports car.
Gas mileage has been about 19mpg. My husband has a supercharged Range Rover and wants to trade cars with me frequently!?

The safety & technology features. Absolutely love the 360 degree camera! The ease that my 6 year olds have in getting into the 3rd row. Leg room! All of the comforts and conveniences!!!

Although we purchased a J with all of the packages, roof rails, upgraded wheels...this can get costly. If you do not want all of the features within a package, your stuck. The way they group the features/packages is odd and gets confusing & pricey.