2013 Infiniti JX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:
Impressive Vehicle
By hondaman35 on 11/05/12 19:53 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

With children reaching teen stage, the wife (aka “the boss”) finally decided that we’ve graduated from minivans. Basic requirements: cross-over, 3-row seating, leather and within $45K. Researched: MDX: Pros - Honda name, resale, handling. Cons – Value quotient, dated styling. Pilot: Pros – Honda name, resale, decent ride. Cons – Remember, I’m trying to graduate from driving a box on wheels! Honda with leather starts mid to high 30’s? CX9: Pros – Mazda name, sporty handling, great reviews. Cons – Outdated styling, minivan with long nose. Explorer: Pros – Styling, options, price ranges. Cons – Will top $40K with options. Resale value will exceed loan amount before first juice stain.

Exactly as advertised
By holladts on 10/26/12 17:47 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Was looking at the usual suspects, MDX, Q7, however, for the price, neither could beat the JX, plus the JX was more roomy. The V6 tuned to about 300hp would have been perfect, but as the reviews mention and as Infiniti admits, this is not a performance vehicle. Have only had for about a week now, so I'll have to update in about 6 months.

BLOWN AWAY!!!
By aj00 on 10/14/12 17:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have never, EVER, reviewed a car, or anything else for that matter. I had to subscribe to edmunds to write this review. This car is AWESOME!! I never thought a car could have so many luxurious amenities.. Had a decked out 2010 RAV-4 before this one. There is just no contest. The JX rides extemely smoothly. The pit holes and bumps on the road that I could feel everyday going to and from work in my old car, are just not there anymore. Would absolutely recommend this baby to any family. Its price is very competitive with features that I don't even think any other luxury maker offers. I am leasing it with all available packages. I will most likely buy it out or lease a new one in 3 yrs!

Not much to find fault with
By edhryb on 08/28/12 06:24 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Up to 5,000 miles on my JX. Really a great overall package. Perfect for a 4 person family who needs to carry and extra child here and there. Flexible cargo, nice handling and power, an awesome interior design, nice exterior, great electronics (NAV, entertainment, camera and warnings). Not much competition out there until Acura updates the MDX. Really a pleasure to drive for a long weekend, to the beach, around town, etc. Had a minor rattle that dealer had to fix but everything else has been perfect. Style is a matter of taste but I love my liquid platinum. Added roof rails and mud guards. Also, love the rims. Why do so many American-designed cars go with flashy chrome instead?

Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By lovethejx on 08/06/12 13:59 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I traded a 2012 MDX for the JX. I only had the MDX for a couple of months and got terrible gas mileage. "Just for fun" I test drove the JX. The rest is history. I absolutely love this car. Had it one month and find excuses to drive it. I very much like the transmission choices. I use the sport mode when starting off and then depending on whether I'm on local roads or an interstate, shift the knob accordingly. While in eco drive I have already managed 24.6 MPG. I also find it much easier to drive than the MDX. My seating position gives me a better view of the road and the ride itself is smooth, quit and just plain relaxing.

Very functional car that is fun to drive
By dgc3043 on 08/03/12 15:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Downsizing from a loaded Ford Expedition I wanted similar functionality in a vehicle that was more city friendly/drove like a car. At 6'7" with 2 kids still in the house I was very impressed with the flexibility of the JX. With the driver's seat fully adjusted for me and my 38" inseam, a large adult can sit comfortably behind me. Mid sized adults can realistically fit in the 3rd row. Not as much cargo room as the Expedition but significantly more than what you would think--car looks smaller on the outside but is quite cavernous on the inside. The vehicle drives very nice; I crave silence on the freeway and the JX is quiet at speed, absorbs bumps well, has solid acceleration and braking.

CVT kills this truck!
By ctsoccerfamily on 07/17/12 12:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Bought this car in May for my wife, she loved it from the first time she saw it on the commercials durring the NCAA tournament. I have to qualify my review by letting you know that my wife loves this car and its by far her favorite family car that we've owned. The JX is packed with technology and is quite a good looking car. Its very well thought out and the design and tech features are very intuitive. The performance of the car is another story. By 2013 standards this car is simply underpowered. The constant drone of the CVT as is searches/skips gears is annoying to say the least. Infiniti should take their "mulligan" and come out with an upgraded engine and ditch the CVT for 2014

Under Priced Luxury Car
By obie1974 on 07/08/12 11:29 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I don't get excited about cars these days but have really enjoyed the JX more than any other car I've owned or driven. My wife and I were considering purchasing a new luxury car next year and after research, narrowed down to the new M Class and the X5. We never considered Infiniti until we saw a teaser ad. After thourough research, I was at the Infiniti dealership the day it arrived. This car had more features and plenty of room for passengers than anything we've looked at. It has more than enough power. It has the best CVT we've driven. All the technology works great. The car practically drives itself. Great family our touring car. Test drive the car yourself rather than relying on reviews.

So Impressed !!!! Glad I purchased the JX 35 :-)
By ritabeeta on 06/23/12 17:54 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my JX 35 in May 2012. I am so impressed with it. Forget about the comments regarding the pick up, this baby moves. I traded in a 04' Expedition. Took it on the road to NC, didn't realize how fast I was going, the ride is so smooth. excellent on fuel. I am so very happy. I test drove the Enclave, MDX, and SRX. There is no comparison. Had my heart set on the SRX until I drove this SUV. Salesman did such a great job of introducing me to the features. I am still learning something new everyday. Get off the fence and test drive this SUV, you will not be sorry.

Sophisticated Artistry meets cutting edge technology
By mckinnoncity on 06/18/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I think this car is awesome. Coming off of three consecutive Nissan Murano's we set out on a quest to find something "better than Murano." Spent several months shopping luxury cars and nothing was better than Murano. lincoln has "turn signals from ____ , cramped front passenger seat and you can't one hand it in a parking lot. That's where we started our shopping. Explorer and the other lincoln don't have flat floors on the passenger side front. Same with the FX. Volvo has insufficient arm rests... and limited inventory. Cadillac SRX was falling apart in the show room. MDX and jeep are nice, but their trucks. Finally a car that is perfect. Leave it to Nissan to figure it out.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Infiniti JX Suv in NJ is:

$219 per month*