2013 Infiniti JX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:
CVT Transmission is this car's downfall
By rraffel on 07/16/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought the JX as the family car. Loved the third row, and the fact that we did not have to take the car seat out to get to the third row. Also, even with the seats up, there was a small trunk. The interior room is great, especially in the rear. However, between the terrible CVT transmission, and the poor gas mileage, I doubt I would buy this again. This isn't a performance car by any stretch, but don't want it to be. However, there are times it barely gets out of its own way - this I blame on the transmission as it seems to be constantly hunting for the best "gear". Just makes it uncomfortable to drive. As for gas mileage, we are around 15... far below what we expected.

multiple repairs without satisfaction
By jkwind on 06/29/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my car in November 2012. Within a few months, I had a problem with a rattle underneath the back seat. After taking it for repair, the shop informed me that they fixed the problem. The problem recurred again and this time they informed me that they had to remove the dash to fix the problem. The car has been back for repair five times for the same issue without addressing the problem successfully. My efforts to have the manufacturer buy back have been fruitless. This car is a a disappointment and the customer service is very poor. This is not what I expected after spending so much much for a luxury car. Customer care service did a very poor job in dealing with my problem.

Not So Great...
By granolla on 04/21/13 03:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have 7000 miles on the new JX and would not buy again. The JX looks good, yes the interior is nice but the performance is lacking in a vehicle of this price range. The JX struggles.. If you have not driven a vehicle with a CVT transmission Do Your Homework. It is awkward compared to a traditional transmission. The engine will rev at times unexpected ,it is much louder, and you get the feeling of downshifting. They give you a selector switch that you can turn to sport mode to make it feel like a traditional transmission (not) Understanding it is SUV/ crossover, it does not take to turns well comparable. Bottom line at this price It underperforms. Would take my CX9 Back tomorrow.

Wonderful vehicle!
By maxine13 on 04/20/13 12:35 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My husband was gracious enough to surprise me with the JX a month ago. The JX is amazing! The safety and technology features cannot be beat. I have been researching a new car for a year, from highest end to mediocre and truly feel the JX is the best value for your money. No, it is not the fastest at accelerating...but take it for what it is. It is a crossover/suv, not a sports car. Gas mileage has been about 19mpg. My husband has a supercharged Range Rover and wants to trade cars with me frequently!?

Great family car!
By atorreon on 04/01/13 10:11 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We had a QX56 and loved it but the new JX does everything the QX did in a more user friendly, efficient and better riding way. Gas mileage has been decent while city driving in the high teens. The 2nd row has great leg room and the 3rd row can actually fit a 6ft adult comfortably.

Great technology and comfortable but lacking a heart...
By j4kofnova on 03/05/13 11:40 AM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Have spent a great deal of time behind the wheel of JX in comparison to Audi Q7. First off, hands down the JX has better technology (love the BCI!) than the Q7, and much move functional 3rd row. The JX is a great alternative to a mini-van if don't want that look, need the 3rd row and don't want the heft and size of a Armada/Yukon XL/QX56 type. From this perspecive it is much better than Q7. With that being said here is why I feel the JX falls waaaay short of the Q7. First, the JX feels sluggish and the CVT transmission never seems comfortable in gear. Takes alot of patience to get going. Second, Infiniti's packaging is bizarre. Why do I have to get the theater package to get 20" wheels?

First crossover/SUV
By rwen on 02/03/13 14:15 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looking for a car with 3 row seating that fits 7, including enough space for 3 children needing carseat/boosters, and 3rd row enough leg room for adults. Both Toyota Highlander and Acura MDX are nice but outdated. Almost got 2013 Pathfinder, but deal fell through last minute. Ended up with 2013 JX, 2 wheel drive, with premium, driver assist and theater package, at over $2K under invoice. Felt got a good value, considering Indinity badge, with nice features, and about $5K over top of line Toyota Sienna Limited. Car is quieter than minivan, with better mileage (about 21.5 to 22.5 MPG) with 90% HWY. Await the crash test/safety rating.

Supremely Comfortable and Functional
By snoopbobb on 01/13/13 16:28 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I are in our early 40s, and we have a toddler. We wanted a car that has all of the practical amenities that we need for our kid and her stuff, along with the luxuries to which we'd become accustomed. The JX suited our needs better than any other vehicle on the market. Also, in the big scheme of things, it's actually a pretty solid value for what you get. E.g., we only paid about $5000 more for a JX that's loaded with the driver-assistance package and theater package than we would've paid for a comparably loaded Toyota Sienna Limited.

Great family luxury crossover
By e46 on 01/05/13 23:11 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I fist saw the the jx at the 2011 La auto show and I loved it. Finally just what I needed something smaller than my armada than can fit 7 people in luxury. I was glad to find out it was in my 50k price range, so one year later we purchased it. We got fwd (I know should of got all wheel but it's drives just fine) with premium, divers assistance theater pkg. At first we took a look and drove the 2013 pathfinder which the Nissan dealer told us it's the Same thing as the jx. Well it's different. Not to mention the pathfinder interior is plastic fantastic! In conclusion we are glad we got the jx. We have put 6500 miles on it and not one problem. I highly recommend this crossover.

Lexus RX350 with 3 rows of seats
By alexko on 12/31/12 14:57 PM (PST)

Comfortable cruiser

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Infiniti JX Suv in VA is:

$123 per month*