2013 Infiniti JX SUV 3.5L V6 AWD CVT Automatic Consumer Reviews

2013 Infiniti Jx - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:

2013 JX Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
[non-permissible content removed]
By Joanna Jennings

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have had my 2013 JX-35 (one month apparently before the 2014 all new QX came out unbeknownst to any salesperson). It will be 2 in May, with 19k miles. $58,000 sticker price with EVERY bell and whistle. Been in the shop 19-21 times? Lost count. I have had 2 new sets of remotes, found car running in a pkg lot, found it jamming out to heavy metal at a Costco via XM radio while not running (I do not use), 3 times lift gate is open when I return, 3 new dvd headrests, trans slipping on inclines, stereo flips b/t radio (which I hate, Pandora, and iTunes). Nav wants me to live in AR vs TX, Bluetooth repl 2x, Gas tank 2x, All cameras reset, Window quit after 1 mo, LIST goes on and ON and ON

Favorite Features

The 3 minutes I have enjoyed driving it over the last 2 years were great.

Suggested Improvements

Take the Sake away from the employees while they are building these worthless crossovers

what a mistake
By krasinski

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this car new, and finally traded it in at 18 months of continuous warranty issues. Our vehicle spent over two months in the service department for miscellaneous issues. They were not major mechanical problems, but more trim and interior build issues. Called to try and exchange on Lemon law, but was denied and told that there is a warranty on the vehicle for these types of issues. We really liked the safety features, but the loaners don't always have them and we spent just too much time in service. List on this vehicle was 57,000, trade in $35,000. We were happy to get rid of the vehicle and promise to never buy an Infiniti again.

Favorite Features

Suggested Improvements

Buy something other than an Infiniti.

Questionable build quality
By yossarian7

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

New rear brakes and rotors at 22k miles ($500), new front tires at 20k miles (no tread warranty on OEM Bridgestones) (another $500), trim that routinely falls off, weather stripping that won't stay on (as if someone forgot to glue it). Underpowered. Crappy CVT. I am shocked at lack of build quality. I would not buy again. I understand from Consumer Reports that the sister-car Nissan Pathfinder is also substandard.

Favorite Features

Interior space.

Suggested Improvements

Let Toyota or Honda build it.

Passenger air bags are part time
By ron118

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was told to move to move around in the seat by the dealer. In 20 miles the light did not go off until we stopped the car and restarted it. Is Infiniti waiting for a class action law suit? Beware of this problem your sales rep won't tell you.

Suggested Improvements

The dealer network is very limited with many states without dealers. Check the states you travel to before you buy.

I Couldn't Be More Satisfied
By obie1974

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I researched this car way before it came out and compared it to competitors in its class. When comparing all the technology and pricing for each, this car won hands-down. I've had it for over a year and have 15k miles on it. It has been a pleasure to drive and carry passengers on long trips. I handles very well on windy roads, gets excellent gas milage for a V6 (24-26 mpg why), but most of all the technology incorporated into the fully loaded JX is awesome. Will never want a car without back up collision intervention, lane departure warning/intervention, smart cruise, Infiniti Connection, etc. I never get tired of driving this well designed and proportioned vehicle.

Favorite Features

Smooth, quiet ride Bose system Handling Forward brake warning and intervention Back up collision intervention Comfortable heated and cooled seats Navigation and telemetric system Fit and finish

Suggested Improvements

More head room in third row seat section Double visors like in the Armada Updated center console (the same as the new Q50) Manual select mode for 4 wheel drive

JX Passenger Airbag Does Not Work
By andy0416

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has a major design defect that Infiniti is ignoring. All passenger airbags are supposed to operate if the person in the seat weighs more than 110 pounds. My wife weighs 118 poounds and is 5 feet 4 inches tall. The airbag does not detect that she is in the seat and therefore is not operational. The dealer tried to fix the problem but could not. They reported to Infiniti that they verified the problem and that it was a dangerous condition. Infiniti has simply ignored the defect. As a result I was forced to bring a lemon law suit against them. There are mumerous other complaints. Be warned that if you have a loved one who weighs about 120 or less the passenger airbag wont work!

Suggested Improvements

Fix the passenger airbag so that it conforms with the national safety standards and stop ignoring the numerous complaints.

what a disappointment
By gwlig

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Been fighting blown fuses since delivery. Five times to dealer still blows. The dash trim is now fading, wood look now has a creamy line through it and a part of the center console. Live 200 miles from dealer. Wants me to make to trips to diagnose the dash problem then come back and replace plastic. Customer Relations will "mentor the dealer to improve his response to customer problems" This non event is turning out to be a nightmare. In addition, delaing with the Affairs office is like dealing with terrible attitudes. All this at 6900 miles

Favorite Features

milage and room

Suggested Improvements

Train the employee means solving problems, not reading from a script and a lot of bureacratic mumbo jumbo.

Do NOT buy this vehcile
By jostajtf

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

BEWARE...do NOT buy a vehicle from Infiniti. They are crooks! I bought a 2013 JX35. Within the 1st 100 miles we noticed the transmission was having problems. Everyone at Infiniti told us that we need to break in the car for 500 miles and that the car has a CVT transmission. Finally we got tired of the transmission continually jerking around and grinding between 10-35 mph and we brought it in. After 9 days in the shop they finally said they need to replace the torque converter. Done. After we picked up the vehicle, the car was doing the same thing as before, yet worse. Back to the dealer, same day. Finally we are told that they need to replace the transmission. Totally unacceptable. Infiniti

CVT Transmission is this car's downfall
By rraffel

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought the JX as the family car. Loved the third row, and the fact that we did not have to take the car seat out to get to the third row. Also, even with the seats up, there was a small trunk. The interior room is great, especially in the rear. However, between the terrible CVT transmission, and the poor gas mileage, I doubt I would buy this again. This isn't a performance car by any stretch, but don't want it to be. However, there are times it barely gets out of its own way - this I blame on the transmission as it seems to be constantly hunting for the best "gear". Just makes it uncomfortable to drive. As for gas mileage, we are around 15... far below what we expected.

Favorite Features

Third row, interior room, price

Suggested Improvements

Ditch the CVT Transmission Better visibility on the rear camera at night Gas mileage

multiple repairs without satisfaction
By jkwind

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my car in November 2012. Within a few months, I had a problem with a rattle underneath the back seat. After taking it for repair, the shop informed me that they fixed the problem. The problem recurred again and this time they informed me that they had to remove the dash to fix the problem. The car has been back for repair five times for the same issue without addressing the problem successfully. My efforts to have the manufacturer buy back have been fruitless. This car is a a disappointment and the customer service is very poor. This is not what I expected after spending so much much for a luxury car. Customer care service did a very poor job in dealing with my problem.

Favorite Features

The inside of the vehicle is roomy and spacious for the whole family. The controls are located in suitable locations.

Suggested Improvements

Simpler radio/dash controls. Better location for the usb connection. The customer service process especially is dealing with mechanical issues need some improvement. By the way the dealership where I bought the car were great and have worked with me better than the manufacturer.