2013 Infiniti JX SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:
Disaster JX35
By grtgrk on 11/10/13 07:40 AM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our new JX 35 upon delivery wipers did not work. Then recalled for rotor or front end problem. Then on 10/20/13 electrical system failed entirely. Towed to dealer on 11/5/13 upon return from a trip to CA. Now 11/10/13 and no sign of repair ever being completed. Had been told 2 days now 8days !! Contacted Infiniti USA and requested replacement with a brand new comparable vehicle. Beielve that by now Infiniti should have contaced dealership to authorize buy back trade. We are willing to go MSRP by MRSP differential as a fair basis for a replacement with at least the same accessories.

Passenger air bags are part time
By ron118 on 10/15/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was told to move to move around in the seat by the dealer. In 20 miles the light did not go off until we stopped the car and restarted it. Is Infiniti waiting for a class action law suit? Beware of this problem your sales rep won't tell you.

I Couldn't Be More Satisfied
By obie1974 on 09/23/13 09:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I researched this car way before it came out and compared it to competitors in its class. When comparing all the technology and pricing for each, this car won hands-down. I've had it for over a year and have 15k miles on it. It has been a pleasure to drive and carry passengers on long trips. I handles very well on windy roads, gets excellent gas milage for a V6 (24-26 mpg why), but most of all the technology incorporated into the fully loaded JX is awesome. Will never want a car without back up collision intervention, lane departure warning/intervention, smart cruise, Infiniti Connection, etc. I never get tired of driving this well designed and proportioned vehicle.

JX Passenger Airbag Does Not Work
By andy0416 on 08/28/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has a major design defect that Infiniti is ignoring. All passenger airbags are supposed to operate if the person in the seat weighs more than 110 pounds. My wife weighs 118 poounds and is 5 feet 4 inches tall. The airbag does not detect that she is in the seat and therefore is not operational. The dealer tried to fix the problem but could not. They reported to Infiniti that they verified the problem and that it was a dangerous condition. Infiniti has simply ignored the defect. As a result I was forced to bring a lemon law suit against them. There are mumerous other complaints. Be warned that if you have a loved one who weighs about 120 or less the passenger airbag wont work!

Major Powertrain Issues - New 2013 JX35
By awhicks on 08/18/13 08:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Infinity JX35 (CUV) on June 9th 2013. We only had the vehicle about 3-4 weeks when it started to exhibit major front end shaking/steering issues when operating the vehicle between 18-35 MPH. This is a highly unsafe situation which could very easily result in the driver losing control of the vehicle. At this point this brand new vehicle has been to the dealership twice (currently there) for a total of 21+ days and has had major power train work done or currently scheduled. This includes replacement of the Torque Converter, Electric Power Steering Unit and they are actively working to replace the transmission with a re-manufactured unit.

what a disappointment
By gwlig on 08/15/13 12:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Been fighting blown fuses since delivery. Five times to dealer still blows. The dash trim is now fading, wood look now has a creamy line through it and a part of the center console. Live 200 miles from dealer. Wants me to make to trips to diagnose the dash problem then come back and replace plastic. Customer Relations will "mentor the dealer to improve his response to customer problems" This non event is turning out to be a nightmare. In addition, delaing with the Affairs office is like dealing with terrible attitudes. All this at 6900 miles

Do NOT buy this vehcile
By jostajtf on 07/31/13 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

BEWARE...do NOT buy a vehicle from Infiniti. They are crooks! I bought a 2013 JX35. Within the 1st 100 miles we noticed the transmission was having problems. Everyone at Infiniti told us that we need to break in the car for 500 miles and that the car has a CVT transmission. Finally we got tired of the transmission continually jerking around and grinding between 10-35 mph and we brought it in. After 9 days in the shop they finally said they need to replace the torque converter. Done. After we picked up the vehicle, the car was doing the same thing as before, yet worse. Back to the dealer, same day. Finally we are told that they need to replace the transmission. Totally unacceptable. Infiniti

CVT Transmission is this car's downfall
By rraffel on 07/16/13 07:26 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought the JX as the family car. Loved the third row, and the fact that we did not have to take the car seat out to get to the third row. Also, even with the seats up, there was a small trunk. The interior room is great, especially in the rear. However, between the terrible CVT transmission, and the poor gas mileage, I doubt I would buy this again. This isn't a performance car by any stretch, but don't want it to be. However, there are times it barely gets out of its own way - this I blame on the transmission as it seems to be constantly hunting for the best "gear". Just makes it uncomfortable to drive. As for gas mileage, we are around 15... far below what we expected.

multiple repairs without satisfaction
By jkwind on 06/29/13 13:13 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased my car in November 2012. Within a few months, I had a problem with a rattle underneath the back seat. After taking it for repair, the shop informed me that they fixed the problem. The problem recurred again and this time they informed me that they had to remove the dash to fix the problem. The car has been back for repair five times for the same issue without addressing the problem successfully. My efforts to have the manufacturer buy back have been fruitless. This car is a a disappointment and the customer service is very poor. This is not what I expected after spending so much much for a luxury car. Customer care service did a very poor job in dealing with my problem.

Not So Great...
By granolla on 04/21/13 03:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX SUV JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I have 7000 miles on the new JX and would not buy again. The JX looks good, yes the interior is nice but the performance is lacking in a vehicle of this price range. The JX struggles.. If you have not driven a vehicle with a CVT transmission Do Your Homework. It is awkward compared to a traditional transmission. The engine will rev at times unexpected ,it is much louder, and you get the feeling of downshifting. They give you a selector switch that you can turn to sport mode to make it feel like a traditional transmission (not) Understanding it is SUV/ crossover, it does not take to turns well comparable. Bottom line at this price It underperforms. Would take my CX9 Back tomorrow.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.