Used 2013 Infiniti JX JX35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Infiniti JX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:

CVT Transmission issue
By goshin

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 except for the CVT transmission issues I've been having ever since I picked up my car. It "shuttered" from the first month, through and into the 10 month. My local Infinity dealer finally had a tech ride with me and he felt the significant "shuttering" that I experienced. The dealer was very good about trying to help and even replaced the transmission, per their Infinity service people. But still it persists. I'm done with it. Too bad too - nice car.

Fix the CVT transmission issues. I owned a Nissan Murano a few years back with a CVT transmission and loved the car, and never had an issue.

Disaster JX35
By grtgrk

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our new JX 35 upon delivery wipers did not work. Then recalled for rotor or front end problem. Then on 10/20/13 electrical system failed entirely. Towed to dealer on 11/5/13 upon return from a trip to CA. Now 11/10/13 and no sign of repair ever being completed. Had been told 2 days now 8days !! Contacted Infiniti USA and requested replacement with a brand new comparable vehicle. Beielve that by now Infiniti should have contaced dealership to authorize buy back trade. We are willing to go MSRP by MRSP differential as a fair basis for a replacement with at least the same accessories.

Appearance only! Zero on performance! The electronics are the hart of this vehicle and should never fail!!

Better Customer service and willingness to buy back a defective new car under 10 months old with under 5,000 miles to ascertain what caused the problem and what action could prevent any future occurance. Simply good business practise!!

Major Powertrain Issues - New 2013 JX35
By awhicks

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Infinity JX35 (CUV) on June 9th 2013. We only had the vehicle about 3-4 weeks when it started to exhibit major front end shaking/steering issues when operating the vehicle between 18-35 MPH. This is a highly unsafe situation which could very easily result in the driver losing control of the vehicle. At this point this brand new vehicle has been to the dealership twice (currently there) for a total of 21+ days and has had major power train work done or currently scheduled. This includes replacement of the Torque Converter, Electric Power Steering Unit and they are actively working to replace the transmission with a re-manufactured unit.

None

Manufacture and test NEW vehicles that are reliable and safe. This vehicle is not up to Nissan/Infiniti standards and is a HUGE disappointment. Do NOT buy this vehicle unless you want to deal with reliability, safety issues not to mention suffer significant financial losses after the purchase. Again, ALL major powertrain work is reported to CarFax and other reporting agencies and this will devalue your vehicle.

First crossover/SUV
By rwen

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looking for a car with 3 row seating that fits 7, including enough space for 3 children needing carseat/boosters, and 3rd row enough leg room for adults. Both Toyota Highlander and Acura MDX are nice but outdated. Almost got 2013 Pathfinder, but deal fell through last minute. Ended up with 2013 JX, 2 wheel drive, with premium, driver assist and theater package, at over $2K under invoice. Felt got a good value, considering Indinity badge, with nice features, and about $5K over top of line Toyota Sienna Limited. Car is quieter than minivan, with better mileage (about 21.5 to 22.5 MPG) with 90% HWY. Await the crash test/safety rating.

Nice and loaded tech/safety features; around view camera (takes a while to get used to); parking sensor (front & back) and power folding mirros very useful in tight garage. 2nd row seat that allows easier access/exit to 3rd row.

IMHO: Electrochromatic mirror with turn signals. longer passenger side wiper blade; illuminated overhead buttons; move driver memorized setting button to near door opening handle for better visibility; separate control for power folding mirror and door lock buttons further apart (often onfusing). Front passenger seat should have more seating arrangements and memorized button (at this luxury price). Make 2nd row seat memorized once preferred seating level is set, rather than resetting after each use. Raise height of 3rd row seat (? feasible). More front cupholders and front door storage space (holding takeout menu). Softer padding around shift gear for better comfort around Right knee.

Great family luxury crossover
By e46

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I fist saw the the jx at the 2011 La auto show and I loved it. Finally just what I needed something smaller than my armada than can fit 7 people in luxury. I was glad to find out it was in my 50k price range, so one year later we purchased it. We got fwd (I know should of got all wheel but it's drives just fine) with premium, divers assistance theater pkg. At first we took a look and drove the 2013 pathfinder which the Nissan dealer told us it's the Same thing as the jx. Well it's different. Not to mention the pathfinder interior is plastic fantastic! In conclusion we are glad we got the jx. We have put 6500 miles on it and not one problem. I highly recommend this crossover.

Navigation and dials a very easy to use not complicated like BMW, Audi, mercedes or Acura(I did my homework). The overall drive is very comfortable, smooth and quite. Interior illumination is great along with good headlight visibility. My favorite features along with everything I pointed out are blind spot warning and back up collision intervention.

Side mirror turn indicators and a higher quality audio system. Bose does not cut it for me, Infiniti should have called Martin Logan!