2013 Infiniti JX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:
CVT Transmission issue
By goshin on 04/20/14 07:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 except for the CVT transmission issues I've been having ever since I picked up my car. It "shuttered" from the first month, through and into the 10 month. My local Infinity dealer finally had a tech ride with me and he felt the significant "shuttering" that I experienced. The dealer was very good about trying to help and even replaced the transmission, per their Infinity service people. But still it persists. I'm done with it. Too bad too - nice car.

Disaster JX35
By grtgrk on 11/10/13 07:40 AM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our new JX 35 upon delivery wipers did not work. Then recalled for rotor or front end problem. Then on 10/20/13 electrical system failed entirely. Towed to dealer on 11/5/13 upon return from a trip to CA. Now 11/10/13 and no sign of repair ever being completed. Had been told 2 days now 8days !! Contacted Infiniti USA and requested replacement with a brand new comparable vehicle. Beielve that by now Infiniti should have contaced dealership to authorize buy back trade. We are willing to go MSRP by MRSP differential as a fair basis for a replacement with at least the same accessories.

Major Powertrain Issues - New 2013 JX35
By awhicks on 08/18/13 08:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Infinity JX35 (CUV) on June 9th 2013. We only had the vehicle about 3-4 weeks when it started to exhibit major front end shaking/steering issues when operating the vehicle between 18-35 MPH. This is a highly unsafe situation which could very easily result in the driver losing control of the vehicle. At this point this brand new vehicle has been to the dealership twice (currently there) for a total of 21+ days and has had major power train work done or currently scheduled. This includes replacement of the Torque Converter, Electric Power Steering Unit and they are actively working to replace the transmission with a re-manufactured unit.

First crossover/SUV
By rwen on 02/03/13 14:15 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Looking for a car with 3 row seating that fits 7, including enough space for 3 children needing carseat/boosters, and 3rd row enough leg room for adults. Both Toyota Highlander and Acura MDX are nice but outdated. Almost got 2013 Pathfinder, but deal fell through last minute. Ended up with 2013 JX, 2 wheel drive, with premium, driver assist and theater package, at over $2K under invoice. Felt got a good value, considering Indinity badge, with nice features, and about $5K over top of line Toyota Sienna Limited. Car is quieter than minivan, with better mileage (about 21.5 to 22.5 MPG) with 90% HWY. Await the crash test/safety rating.

Great family luxury crossover
By e46 on 01/05/13 23:11 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I fist saw the the jx at the 2011 La auto show and I loved it. Finally just what I needed something smaller than my armada than can fit 7 people in luxury. I was glad to find out it was in my 50k price range, so one year later we purchased it. We got fwd (I know should of got all wheel but it's drives just fine) with premium, divers assistance theater pkg. At first we took a look and drove the 2013 pathfinder which the Nissan dealer told us it's the Same thing as the jx. Well it's different. Not to mention the pathfinder interior is plastic fantastic! In conclusion we are glad we got the jx. We have put 6500 miles on it and not one problem. I highly recommend this crossover.

Impressive Vehicle
By hondaman35 on 11/05/12 19:53 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

With children reaching teen stage, the wife (aka “the boss”) finally decided that we’ve graduated from minivans. Basic requirements: cross-over, 3-row seating, leather and within $45K. Researched: MDX: Pros - Honda name, resale, handling. Cons – Value quotient, dated styling. Pilot: Pros – Honda name, resale, decent ride. Cons – Remember, I’m trying to graduate from driving a box on wheels! Honda with leather starts mid to high 30’s? CX9: Pros – Mazda name, sporty handling, great reviews. Cons – Outdated styling, minivan with long nose. Explorer: Pros – Styling, options, price ranges. Cons – Will top $40K with options. Resale value will exceed loan amount before first juice stain.

Sophisticated Artistry meets cutting edge technology
By mckinnoncity on 06/18/12 18:06 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

My wife and I think this car is awesome. Coming off of three consecutive Nissan Murano's we set out on a quest to find something "better than Murano." Spent several months shopping luxury cars and nothing was better than Murano. lincoln has "turn signals from ____ , cramped front passenger seat and you can't one hand it in a parking lot. That's where we started our shopping. Explorer and the other lincoln don't have flat floors on the passenger side front. Same with the FX. Volvo has insufficient arm rests... and limited inventory. Cadillac SRX was falling apart in the show room. MDX and jeep are nice, but their trucks. Finally a car that is perfect. Leave it to Nissan to figure it out.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Infiniti JX in VA is:

$123 per month*