2013 Infiniti JX - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific JX model:
what a mistake
By krasinski on 12/16/14 07:29 AM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

We bought this car new, and finally traded it in at 18 months of continuous warranty issues. Our vehicle spent over two months in the service department for miscellaneous issues. They were not major mechanical problems, but more trim and interior build issues. Called to try and exchange on Lemon law, but was denied and told that there is a warranty on the vehicle for these types of issues. We really liked the safety features, but the loaners don't always have them and we spent just too much time in service. List on this vehicle was 57,000, trade in $35,000. We were happy to get rid of the vehicle and promise to never buy an Infiniti again.

Questionable build quality
By yossarian7 on 12/02/14 17:07 PM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

New rear brakes and rotors at 22k miles ($500), new front tires at 20k miles (no tread warranty on OEM Bridgestones) (another $500), trim that routinely falls off, weather stripping that won't stay on (as if someone forgot to glue it). Underpowered. Crappy CVT. I am shocked at lack of build quality. I would not buy again. I understand from Consumer Reports that the sister-car Nissan Pathfinder is also substandard.

CVT Transmission issue
By goshin on 04/20/14 07:35 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I love my 2013 except for the CVT transmission issues I've been having ever since I picked up my car. It "shuttered" from the first month, through and into the 10 month. My local Infinity dealer finally had a tech ride with me and he felt the significant "shuttering" that I experienced. The dealer was very good about trying to help and even replaced the transmission, per their Infinity service people. But still it persists. I'm done with it. Too bad too - nice car.

Disaster JX35
By grtgrk on 11/10/13 07:40 AM (PST)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Our new JX 35 upon delivery wipers did not work. Then recalled for rotor or front end problem. Then on 10/20/13 electrical system failed entirely. Towed to dealer on 11/5/13 upon return from a trip to CA. Now 11/10/13 and no sign of repair ever being completed. Had been told 2 days now 8days !! Contacted Infiniti USA and requested replacement with a brand new comparable vehicle. Beielve that by now Infiniti should have contaced dealership to authorize buy back trade. We are willing to go MSRP by MRSP differential as a fair basis for a replacement with at least the same accessories.

Passenger air bags are part time
By ron118 on 10/15/13 11:42 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I was told to move to move around in the seat by the dealer. In 20 miles the light did not go off until we stopped the car and restarted it. Is Infiniti waiting for a class action law suit? Beware of this problem your sales rep won't tell you.

I Couldn't Be More Satisfied
By obie1974 on 09/23/13 09:48 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I researched this car way before it came out and compared it to competitors in its class. When comparing all the technology and pricing for each, this car won hands-down. I've had it for over a year and have 15k miles on it. It has been a pleasure to drive and carry passengers on long trips. I handles very well on windy roads, gets excellent gas milage for a V6 (24-26 mpg why), but most of all the technology incorporated into the fully loaded JX is awesome. Will never want a car without back up collision intervention, lane departure warning/intervention, smart cruise, Infiniti Connection, etc. I never get tired of driving this well designed and proportioned vehicle.

JX Passenger Airbag Does Not Work
By andy0416 on 08/28/13 18:26 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

This car has a major design defect that Infiniti is ignoring. All passenger airbags are supposed to operate if the person in the seat weighs more than 110 pounds. My wife weighs 118 poounds and is 5 feet 4 inches tall. The airbag does not detect that she is in the seat and therefore is not operational. The dealer tried to fix the problem but could not. They reported to Infiniti that they verified the problem and that it was a dangerous condition. Infiniti has simply ignored the defect. As a result I was forced to bring a lemon law suit against them. There are mumerous other complaints. Be warned that if you have a loved one who weighs about 120 or less the passenger airbag wont work!

Major Powertrain Issues - New 2013 JX35
By awhicks on 08/18/13 08:57 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

I purchased a brand new 2013 Infinity JX35 (CUV) on June 9th 2013. We only had the vehicle about 3-4 weeks when it started to exhibit major front end shaking/steering issues when operating the vehicle between 18-35 MPH. This is a highly unsafe situation which could very easily result in the driver losing control of the vehicle. At this point this brand new vehicle has been to the dealership twice (currently there) for a total of 21+ days and has had major power train work done or currently scheduled. This includes replacement of the Torque Converter, Electric Power Steering Unit and they are actively working to replace the transmission with a re-manufactured unit.

what a disappointment
By gwlig on 08/15/13 12:40 PM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

Been fighting blown fuses since delivery. Five times to dealer still blows. The dash trim is now fading, wood look now has a creamy line through it and a part of the center console. Live 200 miles from dealer. Wants me to make to trips to diagnose the dash problem then come back and replace plastic. Customer Relations will "mentor the dealer to improve his response to customer problems" This non event is turning out to be a nightmare. In addition, delaing with the Affairs office is like dealing with terrible attitudes. All this at 6900 miles

Do NOT buy this vehcile
By jostajtf on 07/31/13 09:45 AM (PDT)

2013 Infiniti JX JX35 4dr SUV AWD (3.5L 6cyl CVT)

BEWARE...do NOT buy a vehicle from Infiniti. They are crooks! I bought a 2013 JX35. Within the 1st 100 miles we noticed the transmission was having problems. Everyone at Infiniti told us that we need to break in the car for 500 miles and that the car has a CVT transmission. Finally we got tired of the transmission continually jerking around and grinding between 10-35 mph and we brought it in. After 9 days in the shop they finally said they need to replace the torque converter. Done. After we picked up the vehicle, the car was doing the same thing as before, yet worse. Back to the dealer, same day. Finally we are told that they need to replace the transmission. Totally unacceptable. Infiniti

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Infiniti JX in VA is:

$123 per month*