Used 1997 Infiniti J30 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific J30 model:

Rear wheel drive!
By nightrider

1997 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Bought my J30 with 98000 miles on it. The black paint on this car is superb and the leather seats, oh the leather... on the car was in like new condition. This was the first car that I've owned with rear wheel drive and let me tell u, I will never buy a fwd vehicle ever again. Replacing parts can be a little expensive on this car but if u have any mechanical skill the repairs can easily be done urself. Unless it's a major problem never take this car to the dealer for repairs.

Rear wheel drive, BOSE sound, leather interior, sun roof, V6 engine.

The trunk needs to be WAY bigger. Gas tank in trunk, what's up with that. Need to lose a few hundred pounds, and fuel economy could be better. On yeah the exterior design is not the best on the eyes.

Best Engine
By Karw

1997 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I bought my vehicle used in 2002, no major problem. This car is very reliable, Luxury drive smoothly. Very good engine, just passed emission with 181000 miles on it.

Great engine.

Second row seats and trunk are relatively small.

'Fits me like a glove.'
By tnasiti

1997 Infiniti J30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

My Gold J30t is my third. I hit the wheel well of a truck exiting a lot perpendicular to my direction. Totaled my '95 but she totally protected me. This car is built like a welter weight boxer-rounded, firm, athletic lines. Women say that my J30's sexy lines and cozy interior warm and cradle them, evoking a sensuality rare in today's cars. She is comfortable on the highway and her engine emits a quiet growl when accelerating, like Serena Williams' aggressiveness on the court. Luxury-Sport is an apt description. I give her the normal maintenance she needs, plus some extras. Next is a set of chrome 17" rims with 235/45 shoes and an iPod doc. She's classy, sassy, and deserves every bit.

Her unique lines-no straight or flat surfaces. The Bose system when it's healthy (most of the time), and the heated seats. I love her 'brick-house' thickness and her unfailing reliability. If this sounds like love, it probably is. When do you let the one you love go?....Never!

I am quite satisfied with her as she is.

I love my car
By jotut

1997 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My beautiful little J30 has never even had the hiccups. I have always had it regularly serviced at the dealership. I've put new tires on it and have done routine maintenance and part replacement (belts, etc) and have had the brakes worked on and wheels realigned. It's lovely. They have never improved on the design, in my opinion. Don't know why they stopped making it. In a world where things seems to be made to last just so long and then have to be replaced, my Infiniti is a star performer. By the way, this is my third J30. My first was a leased 1994 model. At the end of my lease in 1997, I bought the car.

Its comfort, the way it handles and its looks.

Can't think of any.

Elegant Car!!
By Lola

1997 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I have a 97 J30. I bought it 2 year used from an Infinit dealship. I don't know why Inifiniti's don't keep there prices well. It's to your advantage. I absolutely love this beatiful car. I love its color (pearl), the beautiful interior, my bose speakers, its aerodynamic built, and its smooth drive. Additionally, I haven't had any mechanical problems outside of usual maintenance stuff. Another good thing about this car is that there's basically one model since J30 was only built from 93' (?) to 97'. It won't ever look old and lose its appeal like so many cars that change ever year. I love it so much that I have no intention of ever really selling it. Seriously.

aerodynamic body, beautiful interior, smooth ride

more leg space in the backseat