1997 Infiniti J30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific J30 model:
Rear wheel drive!
By nightrider on 04/17/09 13:25 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Bought my J30 with 98000 miles on it. The black paint on this car is superb and the leather seats, oh the leather... on the car was in like new condition. This was the first car that I've owned with rear wheel drive and let me tell u, I will never buy a fwd vehicle ever again. Replacing parts can be a little expensive on this car but if u have any mechanical skill the repairs can easily be done urself. Unless it's a major problem never take this car to the dealer for repairs.

Best Engine
By Karw on 08/28/08 20:27 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I bought my vehicle used in 2002, no major problem. This car is very reliable, Luxury drive smoothly. Very good engine, just passed emission with 181000 miles on it.

'Fits me like a glove.'
By tnasiti on 06/28/08 23:54 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 Touring 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

My Gold J30t is my third. I hit the wheel well of a truck exiting a lot perpendicular to my direction. Totaled my '95 but she totally protected me. This car is built like a welter weight boxer-rounded, firm, athletic lines. Women say that my J30's sexy lines and cozy interior warm and cradle them, evoking a sensuality rare in today's cars. She is comfortable on the highway and her engine emits a quiet growl when accelerating, like Serena Williams' aggressiveness on the court. Luxury-Sport is an apt description. I give her the normal maintenance she needs, plus some extras. Next is a set of chrome 17" rims with 235/45 shoes and an iPod doc. She's classy, sassy, and deserves every bit.

I love my car
By jotut on 06/17/07 18:43 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

My beautiful little J30 has never even had the hiccups. I have always had it regularly serviced at the dealership. I've put new tires on it and have done routine maintenance and part replacement (belts, etc) and have had the brakes worked on and wheels realigned. It's lovely. They have never improved on the design, in my opinion. Don't know why they stopped making it. In a world where things seems to be made to last just so long and then have to be replaced, my Infiniti is a star performer. By the way, this is my third J30. My first was a leased 1994 model. At the end of my lease in 1997, I bought the car.

Elegant Car!!
By Lola on 07/25/06 04:45 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

I have a 97 J30. I bought it 2 year used from an Infinit dealship. I don't know why Inifiniti's don't keep there prices well. It's to your advantage. I absolutely love this beatiful car. I love its color (pearl), the beautiful interior, my bose speakers, its aerodynamic built, and its smooth drive. Additionally, I haven't had any mechanical problems outside of usual maintenance stuff. Another good thing about this car is that there's basically one model since J30 was only built from 93' (?) to 97'. It won't ever look old and lose its appeal like so many cars that change ever year. I love it so much that I have no intention of ever really selling it. Seriously.

Fun & Fast Comfort
By Oshkabee on 07/19/06 06:37 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Purchased this three year-old J30 from a Dealer in 2000 for about 1/2 MSRP. It had 20k miles. What a deal! This car has been perfect for me. I'm 6'3" and have plenty of leg room in the front. I rarely carry passengers in the back, but when I do a little adjustment gives them plenty of room (and comfort too!) I have NEVER had a major repair. I've replaced the brake pads and turned the front rotors (once). It now has 115k miles. At 103k I paid $1400 to have a major tune-up (timing belt, other belts, flush , filters, water pump, trans adjustment). Great vehicle and still looks like new!

Yes and No
By Craig on 09/27/05 10:55 AM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

A comfortable car with inexpensive luxury. Handles well, but is a little heavy. All the bells and wistles are great and the stereo kicks butt. Upgraded tired make a world of difference. Rather bland apperance, but hey I could see that before I bought it. For the money, it was a steal.

Rides like a JAG
By nacramama on 05/19/05 19:42 PM (PDT)

1997 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

Drove for 6.5 years without a glitch. This rear-wheel vehical cruised like my previous 6L JAG sedan. Safety is exceptional: Unfortunatly a heavy truck t-boned my car on driver side and propelled it head-on into a block wall. Although mycar was totaled- I walked away without a scratch. Infinity should bring this model back.

'97 Infiniti J30
By Taylor on 03/02/05 12:22 PM (PST)

1997 Infiniti J30 Touring 4dr Sedan

The car was great until all of the engine trouble. We ended up putting WAY too much money into repairing this vehicle (timing belt & lifter problems..etc.) It drives nice but it is too expensive to fix considering the value of the car.

J30 review!
By Albert D on 11/08/04 20:14 PM (PST)

1997 Infiniti J30 Touring 4dr Sedan (1997.5)

i bought this my Infiniti J30 with 110,000 miles on it, I know its a lot of miles but engines like those run for 300,000 without a major problem. I bought it from some grandmother and it was in great condition. The design of the car is ugly (there is a reason they stopped making it). Also, this car is slow as heck, the gas mileage is horrible. I got like 14 to 15 mpg and i drive mostly on the highway. That's not all. Less than two months into my ownership of this car its engine blew. Tt cost $2,000 to get a junk replacement engine.The Infiniti I30 is a much better car. It's faster, has better gas milage, and looks better.