Used 1996 Infiniti J30 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific J30 model:

A very reliable car!
By oldschooldevil

1996 Infiniti J30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Well this car has over 215,000 miles on it and it still runs as if it was new. The first owner took very good care of it and so have I. Since I have had it, all I have done is basic maintenance to it. It is a great car. Very comfortable. I have owned other cars that are worth more than this car and I think this car beat them in luxury. The only negative is that the gas tank sits directly behind the rear seats so the trunk is not big at all and you cant lay the seats down. Other than that, I can't think of anything else.

Favorite Features

Bose sound, comfort, great power, design

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space!

Most Reliable Car
By oldschooldevil

1996 Infiniti J30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Believe it or not I'm driving this car and it has over 250,000 miles on it and it still runs like the day I got it. It has very nice interior. Practically leather every where. And very nice ride. I love the sound system and basically everything about this car. I have taken very good care of this car and the only thing that has gone out has been the moon roof (not a big deal but very expensive) and the driver side window (cheap). Other than that, that's all. Amazing car! If they ever bring this car back out. I'm all over it!!

Favorite Features

Sound system, Reliable, quality materials used.

Suggested Improvements

More trunk space, the gas tank sits behind the back seats and hinders even the thought of a trunk..or putting down the rear seats,it is deep though. Also more leg room for people in the back, other than that, keep it the way it is.

What a pleasure to drive...
By saringv

1996 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have always wanted one of the J30s. The rear styling is out of this world. Hard to believe that the MSRP in 1996 was $36k! Anyway, bought mine with 61k miles, serviced every 3750 miles and the 60k service was done except the timing belt, which is the one weak design flaw of this car. Other than that, I feel great driving this car. Buying premium not fun, but I balance it out. Flat ground- top off with 89. Hilly- 91 with octane boost. K&N filter and I get 26/27 MPG!

Favorite Features

BOSE sound system, although rear speakers need new 6x9s to handle the Bass I play. Interior design quality.

Suggested Improvements

Timing belt- book states 105k, to be done at 60k. Would like to hear horn honk when unlocking. Larger trunk.

Best birthday everr
By Joe Wess

1996 Infiniti J30 Sedan Touring 4dr Sedan

Ok I received this car as a birthday gift from my grandmother yesterday and ever since then I've been driving it and it is amazing. In my opinion, it is the perfect car for me because I am a very social person and I can fit four of my friends in the car with me. The Bose sound system is definitely what I needed, seeing as I love my music loud and heavy. Well anyone else who has this car knows what I mean when i say this is definitely worth all the money for this car, whether it be the gas money, insurance, or even to buy it.

Favorite Features

I Love the Bose sound system because of the quality it plays the music. The trunk, in my opinion, is VERY spacious. I fit my 12 year old nephew in it (dont worry he's fine now). The heated seats are very good in the cold too.

Suggested Improvements

have better access to the trunk switch. My car, because it has been sitting for 10 years, does not have a working CD player. Other than that it is perfect

Infiniti and Beyond
By Steve

1996 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 65,000 and I swear to you that this vehicle drives/feels/and even smells brand spankin' new! I love this car. She loves the highway too...Even in torrential rains!! I had a terrible accident due to rain 20 yrs ago. This is the first and only car I have felt safe in under such conditions. Recommendations.....if you see it take advantage of the Infiniti line no matter what the age.

Favorite Features

Bose system/road handling/cosmetic design both interior and exterior

Suggested Improvements

Storage storage storage...did I mention storage?!