1995 Infiniti J30 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (26 reviews )
Luxury, reliable, and great price
By Numberonecarsales on 07/31/10 10:32 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought this Car from my dealership for $1,200 with 218,000 miles a year ago just as some temporary transportation, I liked it so much that i decided to replace the timing belt and water pump as preventative maintenance and the mechanic said the engine was in such good condition i could easily go another 100,000 miles. Gas mileage could be better i get about 17 MPG city and 21 MPG HWY But it makes up for it in Performance and reliability, I just rolled over 228,000 miles and whenever i sell this vehicle it will make someone a very dependable luxury vehicle

Best Car I Ever Owned
By William Buhles on 09/23/09 20:50 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

My 1995 J30 is my baby. I have owned many foreign cars, including two Volvos and two Jags. This is the best car by a mile. Bought it with 20K miles, now 12 years later it has 190K, no major repairs, no big money inputs, just purrs along. Made like only the Japanese can make a car, IN Japan. Great body work quality, great interior design, good acceleration. Others complain about gas mileage - I disagree. My J30 is a time machine. Set it at 85 on cruise control, AC on, and broom through the Arizona desert at 25 mpg, giving you a range of almost 500 miles. I love the outside styling, like the old jag salons with the rounded rear trunk. Best car ever made.

1995 J30
By Teresa on 01/07/09 19:07 PM (PST)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought my J30 at an auction with 104,000 miles now at 140000. Air conditioner went out, but otherwise I've never been so happy with a 14 year old car. I've had new vehicles that didn't make me this happy. It will drive threw anything, you can mud in this car. It steers itself almost with the 4wheel steering. Replace relay switches and shorts will go away. It's hard to trouble shoot the electrical but we fixed it. Tail lights and blinkers lights were acting crazy on off. Someone got rid of this car and gave me a gift cause they couldn't fix it. I love it.

Infiniti J30
By Jowie on 05/03/08 09:35 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I love the J30, the interior is very comfortable and the most luxurious car I have ever owned. The exterior is classy and still looks good for a 12 year old car. Only disappointment is the engine is louder than expected, small trunk, and biggest disappointment are the cup holders are poorly designed, and completely useless. This is not a car for traveling long distances. Overall, it is a very good car and would recommend it to anyone.

I love my j30!
By Jersey Drive on 10/21/06 11:32 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

It's funny that I have had my j30 for a little more than a year now and for the most part it has been one hell of a ride. As we all know the down side is, ok ill say it no trunk just about. But perfect for a short weekend get away. The body is pure timeless, with its smooth sexy lines to match the way she drive. When I first got this car I just got rid of my faithful Geo prizm so to change meant that my driving style had to change to. I would fishtail a lot so to my amazement, just to give the car a fresher lot I put 18" chrome rims on it and my god a firmer ride plus no more fishtailing. With its strong engine, and a little minor work I know we both will stay forever young. MY FAVORITE 1 YET!

Excellent Drive
By Matt on 09/13/06 15:22 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

For a first car, this has been one of the best driving experiences I've had. The problems I've had have been minor and inexpensive to fix. Though there are small annoyances, the car has been wonderful to drive.

Barely broken in
By islandriver on 01/19/06 01:18 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I never liked Datsuns and if you told me I would buy one with a timing belt... never. This car has 150K but everything is tight, quiet, no leaks or squeaks. The body is curvy and timeless. Always starts right up.4 spd auto shifts right where it should. Quick and quiet. 23mpg. I plan to keep 5 years

Incredible Reliability
By Mason Barge on 04/25/05 13:06 PM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car new in 1995 and still own it in 2005. Admittedly I have not put much mileage on it, but it HAS NEVER BEEN IN THE SHOP. I have had one new set of tires, one new battery, and normal service (fluids, filters, etc.) -- that's it. Since this is 2005, the only reason I'm writing this review is for possible used car buyers. I would recommend it highly, due to the incredible reliability. After ten years, it still starts in .2 seconds after I turn the key. The car has a small trunk and the back seat is rather uncomfortable. Gas mileage is poor. But it is a lot of fun to drive, very quick to steer, brake, or accelerate, together with a quiet and comfortable cabin.

buy it
By tpomp on 04/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Purchased with 44K miles in '95, now have 170K.Plan to replace it at 200k. Only major problem was with A/C. Entry level luxury with minor maintenance. Live in Northeast and with rear wheel drive have had no problems in snow.

Untypical Infiniti Quality
By whosyourcaddy0 on 04/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Since my purchase I have had brake lights replaced on 5 separate occasions, all the windows have had to be replaced because they stopped working, and the audio deck light has a mind of its own, in that it fades on and off for no reason. In addition to that, I now have another brake light out, and the driver's side window is broken again. I also only get about 15 mpg, which empties my wallet faster than I would like. This is a really outstanding car, and fun to drive, but it is hard to see that since I have had nothing but problems with the electrical system.