1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )
Great Value
By docmccalla on 07/12/09 13:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Purchased from a private party seven years ago with 95000 on the clock for $5200. Have never had a failure with this car. Recently changed the timing belt, tune up and struts. This car really goes, and handles quite well. AC blows icy cold. The only complaint I have is entry into the car is a little tight (I'm 6'tall) the seats are a little firm and the interior is not suited for a large family. But overall, it's the best car I've ever purchased. It's a great value and one gets so much Bang for the Buck. Plus the lines of this car are timeless. Looks just get better with time.

1994 Infinity J-30T
By rbb on 05/24/08 07:29 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

The car runs just great and has been a pleasure to own. It was made to drive at 70 or 80 mph on the highway - the engine just sings on the open road, and after all these years! The pricey struts have been the only problem and because of their price makes them a major problem. It is comfortable, gets fairly good mileage for its size (18 on everyday use) and I hate having to consider getting rid of it after all these years! With new struts this car will have another 100,000 miles to go!

191,200 miles and still going strong
By Victor on 03/30/08 14:03 PM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought my Infiniti J30T 32 months ago with 177,400 miles on it. I now have 191,200 miles on it and the only problems I had to fix were a radiator hose, a headlight bulb, and new windshield wiper blades. I do have a couple of annoying problems that I haven't bothered to fis, and from reading other forums they seem common. One is the drivers side remote controlled power door lock which seem to have a mind of its own and works sometimes, and sometimes doesn't. Another problem is the dashboard dimmer switch sometimes shuts the dashboard illumination off, but tapping it makes them come back in. I also had a loose connection on the right lowbeam headlight.

Pretty fast
By holden woods on 07/31/07 21:08 PM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

Been a very reliable car. It has over 240,000 mi. Just keep the oil changed regularly and the timing belt every 80,000 mi. The rwd is awesome, this car will do a hell of a doughnut. I've had this car at 132 mph going down a slight hill very smooth ride.

I love this car!!!
By InfinitiLoveforLife on 10/15/06 17:44 PM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My car came to me in the dead of a northeastern winter and i always knew i wanted an infiniti. The guy i bought her from was her second owner and drove her here from Texas. I am her third and last owner. When she is finally beyond repair i will most definitely without a doubt buy another Infiniti j30.

150,000 miles on it now
By John on 02/04/06 15:50 PM (PST)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car four years ago with 99K on it for $6500. It has been very dependable, with the only major expense being new fuel injectors about 3 years ago, and a new exhaust system this year. The sunroof sticks sometimes, and the CD does not work, but this car has 150K on it. The car drives fine, and is very dependable. I will be selling it soon just to make a change. I would recommend this car to anyone who likes a dependable used car with lots of features for a low price.

Wish it was more reliable
By Serge on 11/04/05 00:13 AM (PST)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I liked this car from the get go for all the reasons mentioned in the other review. But I'm not happy with reliability. The radio gave out (got another one on ebay), the power steering control module gave out (got another one at junk yard), the power steeing pump gave out (got another one at kragen), the front passenger door no longer opens (dealer says it costs $500 to fix), the fuel door gave out (fixed it myself), sometimes smokes in the morning or won't start (may be a fuel injector problem), there may be a suspension problem as all new tires vibrate even with new shocks. Other than that, pretty nice car.

The best used car.
By D on 07/07/05 11:19 AM (PDT)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love my J30 so much. It is the nicest car that I have ever had. I have had no problems except for the head unit going out. I bought it for 3600 dollars with 100,000 miles and it was the best deal I ever got. I suggest that when in the market for a sedan that is fast and reliable, the J30 is best. It has the 300ZX engine and that is what makes it so fast.

good car but ongoing problems
By jgoens on 03/28/05 17:19 PM (PST)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

I love this car but i have had an ongoing problems since i bought the car. It smokes out the back, and runs way to rich, eventually it will stop running. I have been very frusterated because it will only do it when it rains. I have gotten the run around about this problem by a total of 8 mechanics. now i am sending it to the Infiniti dealer and going to have them keep it until it is fixed all th way lol. this has been a very annoying problem.

J 30
By D. Petersen on 01/29/05 11:27 AM (PST)

1994 Infiniti J30 Sedan 4dr Sedan

My J30 has been a wonderful vehicle to own and drive. It's been a love affair since the moment I saw her -- pure luxury! Performance in town and on the highway have been superior. Her quiet, smooth ride is combined with terrific power. There has been not a single maintenance issue other the the ordinary scheduled maintenance.