Used 1994 Infiniti J30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Infiniti J30 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (24 reviews )

Great Value
By docmccalla

1994 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Purchased from a private party seven years ago with 95000 on the clock for $5200. Have never had a failure with this car. Recently changed the timing belt, tune up and struts. This car really goes, and handles quite well. AC blows icy cold. The only complaint I have is entry into the car is a little tight (I'm 6'tall) the seats are a little firm and the interior is not suited for a large family. But overall, it's the best car I've ever purchased. It's a great value and one gets so much Bang for the Buck. Plus the lines of this car are timeless. Looks just get better with time.

Performance, looks and handling. The Bose stereo is a killer and the AC is really cold.

The front seats are a little firm.

1994 Infinity J-30T
By rbb

1994 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

The car runs just great and has been a pleasure to own. It was made to drive at 70 or 80 mph on the highway - the engine just sings on the open road, and after all these years! The pricey struts have been the only problem and because of their price makes them a major problem. It is comfortable, gets fairly good mileage for its size (18 on everyday use) and I hate having to consider getting rid of it after all these years! With new struts this car will have another 100,000 miles to go!

Interior, highway driving.

Struts & sunroof. Boze radio another problem - had to be replaced.

191,200 miles and still going strong
By Victor

1994 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought my Infiniti J30T 32 months ago with 177,400 miles on it. I now have 191,200 miles on it and the only problems I had to fix were a radiator hose, a headlight bulb, and new windshield wiper blades. I do have a couple of annoying problems that I haven't bothered to fis, and from reading other forums they seem common. One is the drivers side remote controlled power door lock which seem to have a mind of its own and works sometimes, and sometimes doesn't. Another problem is the dashboard dimmer switch sometimes shuts the dashboard illumination off, but tapping it makes them come back in. I also had a loose connection on the right lowbeam headlight.

Favorite feature is the four wheel steering on the 93 and 94 touring versions. Makes the car corner fantastic. The paint job is also very durable. I park outside and the original paint on this 14 year old car looks almost new. The car has a very substantial feel to it, especially the door handles.

Too late for this since the model is no longer manufactured, but anyway: 1. Improve reliability of power door locks. 2. Bigger trunk. 3. Have ceiling lights come on when the door is opened.

Pretty fast
By holden woods

1994 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Been a very reliable car. It has over 240,000 mi. Just keep the oil changed regularly and the timing belt every 80,000 mi. The rwd is awesome, this car will do a hell of a doughnut. I've had this car at 132 mph going down a slight hill very smooth ride.

Top speed and rwd.

Faster.

I love this car!!!
By InfinitiLoveforLife

1994 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

My car came to me in the dead of a northeastern winter and i always knew i wanted an infiniti. The guy i bought her from was her second owner and drove her here from Texas. I am her third and last owner. When she is finally beyond repair i will most definitely without a doubt buy another Infiniti j30.

mine does 0-60 in about 5.4 seconds and gets 20 mpg in town and 24 mpg or so on the highway. She loves to run.

I've noticed that the electronics seem to malfunction and window motors always burn out. I would def. fix that.