1993 Infiniti J30 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (0 review )
Timeless styling, Luxury, in a small package
By boatbird on 08/24/12 12:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I own a J30t that has been my daily driver for 4years now. Very reliable, sturdy handling and strong powertrain. The car is esthetically very pleasing yet I can't help feeling like I'm driving Grandmas car. I meant to buy the Q45 4 years ago and got impatient for one to come along for $5000. I bought the J30t with 59000 k miles in perfect condition and so far its proved to be a very reliable car. No problems except for the factory stereo went out but I replaced with new stereo that's compatible with the factory Bose speakers. Dash light switch is querky, and I had to replace a relay in the Headlights because one night they just randomly started blinking off and on.

The Best
By casj30 on 08/08/10 15:56 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 5 years ago from a friends parents in high school, it had 155677 miles on it and i paid $500 for it. it was a total steal! My sunroof and keyless entry stopped working in 2008 but a new battery in the remote and some fresh grease on the tracks of the roof and it all worked great again. they were the only problems i had with the car other than routine repairs. The car now has over 293,000 miles on it, and the only thing that doesn't work is the original cd player, but the speakers and the rest of the Bose radio still work perfect! the exterior of the car still looks brand new and has never been garage kept. The interior is also in beautiful condition.

Frequent problem
By Sedan on 05/05/09 17:07 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I love my infiniti, I bought it with 115000 miles. When I got it it would not run in cold weather or rain, I replaced the Temp Idle sensor located next to the the thermostat, took care of it. Previous owner said he spent 1200.00 trying to fix the problem with dealer, never got it fixed, so he sold it for $1000.00. Great investment.

J30 - A Gem
By K. Melvin on 04/28/09 14:53 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I have been driving my "J" since April of 1997 and no other car compares to the feel or looks of this car, for me. I've had it to 100mph and feeling like a cruise at 50mph. The "J's", in my view, started it all, for the Japanese luxury cars, and that includes Lexus. I've had the "tranny" replaced which was problematic, locally, but Nissan came through. I intend to fix all problems (sunroof; stereo; body- work/paint) and keep it another 4 years, hopefully. They nailed it calling this a "personal" luxury car...Bose almost makes it happen, alone. They should bring the "J" back. It's a "Gem", and, reminds me of the big Buicks of the early to mid 60s, brand new. I'm very glad I own it.

Good car, bad problems
By Aleks on 04/15/09 09:25 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought my j30 from a one time owner who maintenanced every 2-3 weeks. (I know it sounds ridiculous but he had all the receipts). It's a wonderful car, and it's in pretty good condition. But as with all cars, time wears them out. The problem there is the cost of everything. (these are what I paid at the time, may be different) 80 dollars for a rebuilt waterpump, 600 for the labor. Also have had problems with the stereo, 1100 for the plugs, brakes, and struts. Overall car is good and has lasted well. If regularly maintained and taken care of, it's fairly decent. Just a few minor issues with electrical things, but long lasting vehicle for sure.

Classic luxury sedan, high build quality
By Colin on 12/26/08 17:34 PM (PST)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I've loved J30s since they came out. I bought my J from its original owner who took very good care of it. It has a beautiful interior with high quality materials. I've heard some people say these cars are like Maximas, but they are definitely of a higher caliber with respect to fit and finish, ride, and noise level. The engine and trans are very smooth with adequate power. The ride is smooth and comfortable. I have not had to do anything other than regular maintenance.

Great vehicle, small Issues
By kelfrylane on 05/21/08 04:22 AM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Bought this 15 year old car recently w/low mileage of 98k. Aged beautifully inside and out. Pros: nice handling, smooth ride, looks and feels luxurious. Cons: seats not comfy for long rides, repairs are expensive though luckily not many needed. There are some minor issues. Sunroof doesn't work and we won't bother to replace the motor, the cd player has intermittent issues though in all fairness this is a 15 year old vehicle and both of these are almost to be expected. The main problem that seems is the intermittent dash light outage which is a faulty switch and easy to fix. Overall, a very reliable and enjoyable vehicle.

14 Years of Reliability
By Born in Kansas on 01/10/08 16:01 PM (PST)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Bought J30 in 2000 w/80K miles. Mileage concerned me, but test drive hooked me. Felt solid, expensive, & fast. Now 14 years old with 170K miles on it. Mechanically, has not spent a day in the shop other than oil changes. Most reliable car I've ever owned. Had to know if 150mph speedo was fluff, so one time I took it up to 140 mph and it didn't miss a beat with the 300Z engine. Very impressive. Only flaws: rear end will break loose on you if you corner too aggressively, and isn't worth a hoot in snow (needs sandbags in the trunk in the winter). Sunroof failed so I sealed it shut. Auto door locks and dash lights malfunction occasionally. Exceptional build quality & no body rust. Keep forever.

1993 Infiniti J30 review
By Jeremiah on 05/21/07 20:38 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

Having owned my Infiniti for three years, I've found it to be fun to drive, but unreliable. Inside, the cabin is well isolated from the outside, but road and engine noise are very noticeable. For me, the seats are poorly shaped and too hard, making long trips unpleasant. Headroom is barely adequate, and foot room is mediocre, especially on the passenger side. Performance, however, is excellent. The engine is powerful and refined, and handling is very good around corners. The auto-temp climate control system works well, and the Bose sound system is top-notch.

I can't believe it.. exc. car
By samual on 08/08/05 18:19 PM (PDT)

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I needed a car badly, I found my 1993 J30 with 211000 miles on it for under $2000. I thought what the heck, i will use it for few month and throw it away, I drove it 10,000 miles in just two month, drove to FL three times and to NY. I can not believe how good this car. now with 223000 miles, no oil leaks, no problems what so ever.. yes sunroof stopped working and headlight (RIGHT) has a mind of its own,, but u can complain. why buy a used honda when U can have all this power and comfort for same price.. Thank you Nissian.