Used 1993 Infiniti J30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Infiniti J30 - Consumer Reviews

1993 Infiniti J30

Base 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic - (38 reviews )

Timeless styling, Luxury, in a small package
By boatbird

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I own a J30t that has been my daily driver for 4years now. Very reliable, sturdy handling and strong powertrain. The car is esthetically very pleasing yet I can't help feeling like I'm driving Grandmas car. I meant to buy the Q45 4 years ago and got impatient for one to come along for $5000. I bought the J30t with 59000 k miles in perfect condition and so far its proved to be a very reliable car. No problems except for the factory stereo went out but I replaced with new stereo that's compatible with the factory Bose speakers. Dash light switch is querky, and I had to replace a relay in the Headlights because one night they just randomly started blinking off and on.

Favorite Features

Sunroof and cool Clock

Suggested Improvements

Its difficult to get in and out of this car. Too small and not enough BAM when you need it.

The Best
By casj30

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car 5 years ago from a friends parents in high school, it had 155677 miles on it and i paid $500 for it. it was a total steal! My sunroof and keyless entry stopped working in 2008 but a new battery in the remote and some fresh grease on the tracks of the roof and it all worked great again. they were the only problems i had with the car other than routine repairs. The car now has over 293,000 miles on it, and the only thing that doesn't work is the original cd player, but the speakers and the rest of the Bose radio still work perfect! the exterior of the car still looks brand new and has never been garage kept. The interior is also in beautiful condition.

Favorite Features

the gorgeous analog clock on the dash, the stereo, and all the power features.

Suggested Improvements

I drive a lot, and friends ride with me, i feel bad because there is absolutely no room for feet in the back!

Frequent problem
By Sedan

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I love my infiniti, I bought it with 115000 miles. When I got it it would not run in cold weather or rain, I replaced the Temp Idle sensor located next to the the thermostat, took care of it. Previous owner said he spent 1200.00 trying to fix the problem with dealer, never got it fixed, so he sold it for $1000.00. Great investment.

Favorite Features

The acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Get rid of half of the sensors - they're not needed - make it easier to diagnose.

J30 - A Gem
By K. Melvin

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I have been driving my "J" since April of 1997 and no other car compares to the feel or looks of this car, for me. I've had it to 100mph and feeling like a cruise at 50mph. The "J's", in my view, started it all, for the Japanese luxury cars, and that includes Lexus. I've had the "tranny" replaced which was problematic, locally, but Nissan came through. I intend to fix all problems (sunroof; stereo; body- work/paint) and keep it another 4 years, hopefully. They nailed it calling this a "personal" luxury car...Bose almost makes it happen, alone. They should bring the "J" back. It's a "Gem", and, reminds me of the big Buicks of the early to mid 60s, brand new. I'm very glad I own it.

Favorite Features

Interior; Bose Stereo; Body Styling; Engine Performance.

Suggested Improvements

Body Paint; Bose (Only) Stereo System; Sunroof; Transmission

Good car, bad problems
By Aleks

1993 Infiniti J30 4dr Sedan

I bought my j30 from a one time owner who maintenanced every 2-3 weeks. (I know it sounds ridiculous but he had all the receipts). It's a wonderful car, and it's in pretty good condition. But as with all cars, time wears them out. The problem there is the cost of everything. (these are what I paid at the time, may be different) 80 dollars for a rebuilt waterpump, 600 for the labor. Also have had problems with the stereo, 1100 for the plugs, brakes, and struts. Overall car is good and has lasted well. If regularly maintained and taken care of, it's fairly decent. Just a few minor issues with electrical things, but long lasting vehicle for sure.