2003 Infiniti I35 Consumer Review: Solid car for the money

2003 Infiniti I35 - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Solid car for the money
By Tom on

2003 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car looking for comfort, performance/sportiness, luxury/sleek elegant look and a bit of exclusivity. 12k miles into it I've found all this and then some. Among the competition, (es300/TL), I went with the i35 due to its performance (3.5L versus 3.0, 3.2), comparable gas mileage (20/26), comfort in the little things (sunshade, rear heated seats, sojourner leather), build quality and reliability (its a maxima in disguise). TL's and ES300's are a dime a dozen, this car was Infiniti's hidden car. Its nice to roll in a car that has a lot of everything, yet isn't seen 5 times in 1 in block. The ride is very smooth and no major issues have arrived.

Favorite Features

Performance. Many people refer to this car as an old mans car, but at the age of 23, it turns a lot of heads during passing on the highway and the sheer acceleration/pickup at the light. The VQ35de roars after 2500RPM. The heated seats are a plus, I get compliments whenever someone sits in the car.

Suggested Improvements

No car is perfect, and although its discontinued if I could improve on it: *Stronger/Firmer suspension. OEM parts are weak, turning radius is terrible. *4AT transmission. Lackluster, a 5 speed would really improve acceleration and to the overall performance. Shifts feel sludgy. *Better Bose