Used 2002 Infiniti I35 Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Infiniti I35 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (138 reviews )

I will buy another Infinity
By Janel Still

2002 Infiniti I35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Infinity in December of 2001 - the car is a 2002 though. It is now 2015 and I'm still driving my Infinity. She has 229,000 miles on her and she still runs great! I still have the same engine and transmission in her. I will definitely buy another Infinity.

Be careful...
By pontiacdude4

2002 Infiniti I35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2002 I-35 in 2012 with 45k for $9k. It was pristine. In 2 years I put another 45k (I know, a lot). It fell apart. I traded it in for $2k and lost my shirt (almost $6k!). Problems were engine mounts, emissions, struts, power steering pump, etc. It's interesting because they are the only luxury cars under 80k going for <$5k and they look awesome, but I think there's a reason for the cheap price. It's a shame because the interior/exterior is nice, but it's basically a Maxima underneath and Nissan, well it's not a Toyo/Honda..

Unreliable and poor quality componets
By ironpete0827

2002 Infiniti I35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As a person who worked in the automotive industry, I was always impressed with Nissans value for the money spent. When time came to purchase a vehicle for my wife I chose the 2002 Infiniti I-35 Sport. In the 12 years we've owned this vehicle I have put over $6000.00 in repairs in only 150,000 miles. Replaced rear brake calipers three times due to faulty design. Cam-shaft sensors twice, MAF sensor, numerous vacuum lines due to splitting, leather interior stitching came apart. Moonroof motor, and alternator.Car spent more time in shops then serving the family, and I now have sworn off Nissan , though I own a 72 datsun 240 and a 1991 300zx. Very poor choice of vehicle.

Favorite Features

Performance when running, which is not often.

Suggested Improvements

I would suggest a thorough overhaul of quality standards for their vendors.

Outstanding Value and Performance
By michael_po

2002 Infiniti I35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Recently purchased a 2002 midnight blue Infiniti I35 from a private owner and am very pleased. The 3.5 Liter V-6's 255 HP engine is highly responsive, yet very quiet and smooth running. The soft tan leather interior, plush carpeting, and space age instrumentation, are immaculate. The A/C is ice cold. You would never know this vehicle has 92,000 miles on it. A true looker! I drove a 1998 INFINITI I30 for 197,000 miles until the timing chain went. Enjoyed that very reliable car too, but this vehicle is so much more roomier and comfortable. INFINITI definitely improved the model tenfold in introducing the I35. OUTSTANDING!

Favorite Features

The performance, handling, and overall "air-cushioned" quiet ride of this vehicle are paramount. Also, enjoy getting lost in the soothing sounds of the stock 200 watt, 7 speaker BOSE Premium sound system with the moon roof open at night.

Suggested Improvements

Perhaps shortening the turning radius slightly would be a plus. Takes a while to get used to pulling into tight parking spaces.

So-So....
By pontiacdude4

2002 Infiniti I35 Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

You will have issues with this car... I bought a 2002 with very low miles, 45k, for $8,900. Interior is awsme, it's fast, pretty comfortable. BUT.. engine mounts, seat jams, doors don't close well, turning radius, cruise control goes, and now the dreaded A/T light with transmission slip. Looked online, goods news, might not be AT, but sensors (was a recall). Either way, $$.