2002 Infiniti I35 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (137 reviews )
Be careful...
By pontiacdude4 on 12/04/14 19:01 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2002 I-35 in 2012 with 45k for $9k. It was pristine. In 2 years I put another 45k (I know, a lot). It fell apart. I traded it in for $2k and lost my shirt (almost $6k!). Problems were engine mounts, emissions, struts, power steering pump, etc. It's interesting because they are the only luxury cars under 80k going for <$5k and they look awesome, but I think there's a reason for the cheap price. It's a shame because the interior/exterior is nice, but it's basically a Maxima underneath and Nissan, well it's not a Toyo/Honda..

Unreliable and poor quality componets
By ironpete0827 on 07/04/14 07:01 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As a person who worked in the automotive industry, I was always impressed with Nissans value for the money spent. When time came to purchase a vehicle for my wife I chose the 2002 Infiniti I-35 Sport. In the 12 years we've owned this vehicle I have put over $6000.00 in repairs in only 150,000 miles. Replaced rear brake calipers three times due to faulty design. Cam-shaft sensors twice, MAF sensor, numerous vacuum lines due to splitting, leather interior stitching came apart. Moonroof motor, and alternator.Car spent more time in shops then serving the family, and I now have sworn off Nissan , though I own a 72 datsun 240 and a 1991 300zx. Very poor choice of vehicle.

Outstanding Value and Performance
By michael_po on 06/23/14 12:04 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Recently purchased a 2002 midnight blue Infiniti I35 from a private owner and am very pleased. The 3.5 Liter V-6's 255 HP engine is highly responsive, yet very quiet and smooth running. The soft tan leather interior, plush carpeting, and space age instrumentation, are immaculate. The A/C is ice cold. You would never know this vehicle has 92,000 miles on it. A true looker! I drove a 1998 INFINITI I30 for 197,000 miles until the timing chain went. Enjoyed that very reliable car too, but this vehicle is so much more roomier and comfortable. INFINITI definitely improved the model tenfold in introducing the I35. OUTSTANDING!

So-So....
By pontiacdude4 on 04/06/14 20:11 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

You will have issues with this car... I bought a 2002 with very low miles, 45k, for $8,900. Interior is awsme, it's fast, pretty comfortable. BUT.. engine mounts, seat jams, doors don't close well, turning radius, cruise control goes, and now the dreaded A/T light with transmission slip. Looked online, goods news, might not be AT, but sensors (was a recall). Either way, $$.

2002 Infiniti I35 4 door sedan brought April 2013
By alicezhouses on 01/16/14 10:52 AM (PST)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Worse car I have ever owned. Unreliable and a piece of junk. $6900 paper weight. This car was purchased from a used car lot in the Atlanta - Stone Mountain GA area. The lot had good buyer reviews. Which was likely my mistake in purchasing a 2nd hand car. The car has had multiple electrical, gas, sun roof, heating and cooling problems. With 121,000 miles, I knew it wouldn't be perfect. We had to buy motor mounts, due to a vibration in the car, the car has stalled out numerous times and been towed 3 times in the last 6 months, which included smoke coming from the engine 3 times. Window problems, and more. Have spent $1500 for repairs on top of the $5400 price of the car.

Great car for the money
By npn888 on 12/06/13 14:00 PM (PST)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2002 I35 with 157k miles. I have been driving it for a few months now. Im happy with car except for minor issues. The one I got is the sports base model and its kind low for me and turning raduis is worst than my G500 SUV. Im surprised with the acceleration and steering is very tight. Braking is also very good. For a 11 year old car with 157k thats awesome. Mileage is around 24 to 28 mpg. Bose system is the best part of the car. Its like listening to a high end system at home. Like any other car just make sure you get one that is well taken care of with no accidents etc.

Wonderful car but gasaholic!
By romeol99 on 03/07/11 07:06 AM (PST)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007 with 57K miles on it. I love this car. Very responsive and the quality of this car is awesome. I've only had 2 repairs with this car, radiator and steering fluid replacement. Mind you, it's best if you immediately repair any issues before it gets worse because it can get pricey. I engine lights comes on from time to time. I believe its because of the amount of oil in the engine. Once I add oil to lights come off. Who knows! Once I felt my radiator was going bad I fixed it pronto. Trust me you will save lots of money. Car has a very smooth ride and it has never failed me til this day. The biggest problem I have with this car is that its a gasaholic! Terrible

I35 review
By Ron on 10/07/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This has been the best car I have ever purchased and I have had many. It gets better gas mileage than most 4 cylinder cars and has a very responsive 6. The front wheel drive is great for winter snows in the mountains. The fold down rear seat has come in handy many times for hauling material.

Amazing!
By trish on 08/31/10 00:55 AM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Been driving this beauty since 2005, really only had few problems. Once the power steering fuel had to be replaced, another time some minor things.The only concern is that after 100K miles when you see these minor problems, they all add up very fast, for instance it took me $200 to replace the HID headlights. But let me tell you I have done three cross country trips in this car without a trace of discomfort! The leg space is amazing for both front and rear passengers. I haven't met anyone who is not impressed with its interiors. Drive feels very secure. Perfect family sedan! Can't imagine to part with it!

Can't believe the other reviews!
By Maria on 08/05/10 12:54 PM (PDT)

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I leased this car in October 2001; for 4 years it was great except for the 2 or 3 recalls. Bought it in '05; 1 month later, it all started falling apart. It now has 99,000 miles on it and I have put so much money into it it's not even funny. Spark plugs, hoses costing $700, O2s, transmission, motor mounts (twice), struts, CD player doesn't work (55,000 miles ago), sun roof opens at will and now it decided not to close. It sounds like there's a window open in the car all the time. If you put too much base on the radio the rear view mirror shakes to the beat (WOW!); that happened from the beginning. Oil leaks. Not to mention all the dings and dents on the front/back doors! Wanna buy it?