Used 2002 Infiniti I35 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Infiniti I35 - Consumer Reviews

Base 3.5L V6 4-speed Automatic - (140 reviews )

Endearment
By Paul

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is just my experience with this car. I bought the car with 128k, few cosmetic issues but over all seemed like a pretty nice ride. The second day after purchasing the car it would not start, had it towed to the dealer and they told me i needed to replace some battery harness cable, starter, alternator, and a few more items, honestly cant remember them all. After all that the car never went more than 2 weeks without the engine light coming on. Blew 2 ignition coils, catalytic converter, a few sensors. Car had many oil leaks. The car is very expensive to maintain with high miles. Spent roughly $2500 in repairs over the course of a year. But some how you manage to overlook all the faults the car had, because you love this car. Yes it broke down all the time and costs you a lot of money to maintain, but when you drive this car you feel like a million bucks, even with the paint fading, and the bumper falling off, the light smoke slipping out of the cracks of the hood, the duck tap covering the huge rips in the leather. It just all depends on whats important to you...

BEST ENGINES EVER
By dtagani16

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

To be honest i never liked infiniti before this car. It has opened my eyes to extreme reliability. I bought mine used with 140K on it dealer maintained with records. I have never been stuck with this car ever. Has it had minor issues yes but being a DYI guy i fixed most of it myself. The engine and tranny are great i am at 200K right now and have tried to beat the car up and still it goes strong. I would recommend this car to anyone as it is one of the most reliable engines out there. Infiniti will get more business from me in the future.

Power interior engine reliability

Handeling could use some imporvement also giving the passenger option for more room as i have noticed a lot of infiniti vehicles are tight for a taller driver.

I will buy another Infinity
By Janel Still

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my Infinity in December of 2001 - the car is a 2002 though. It is now 2015 and I'm still driving my Infinity. She has 229,000 miles on her and she still runs great! I still have the same engine and transmission in her. I will definitely buy another Infinity.

Be careful...
By pontiacdude4

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2002 I-35 in 2012 with 45k for $9k. It was pristine. In 2 years I put another 45k (I know, a lot). It fell apart. I traded it in for $2k and lost my shirt (almost $6k!). Problems were engine mounts, emissions, struts, power steering pump, etc. It's interesting because they are the only luxury cars under 80k going for <$5k and they look awesome, but I think there's a reason for the cheap price. It's a shame because the interior/exterior is nice, but it's basically a Maxima underneath and Nissan, well it's not a Toyo/Honda..

Unreliable and poor quality componets
By ironpete0827

2002 Infiniti I35 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

As a person who worked in the automotive industry, I was always impressed with Nissans value for the money spent. When time came to purchase a vehicle for my wife I chose the 2002 Infiniti I-35 Sport. In the 12 years we've owned this vehicle I have put over $6000.00 in repairs in only 150,000 miles. Replaced rear brake calipers three times due to faulty design. Cam-shaft sensors twice, MAF sensor, numerous vacuum lines due to splitting, leather interior stitching came apart. Moonroof motor, and alternator.Car spent more time in shops then serving the family, and I now have sworn off Nissan , though I own a 72 datsun 240 and a 1991 300zx. Very poor choice of vehicle.

Performance when running, which is not often.

I would suggest a thorough overhaul of quality standards for their vendors.