2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Review: Pretty good car

2001 Infiniti I30 Sedan - Consumer Review

Pretty good car
By mobucky on

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 Maximas, this was my first Infiniti. Car has been a pleasure, with only a couple annoyances. The reading light has burned out four times due to an apparent short that the dealership only identified after the warranty was gone. Leather has been faster to wear than in my Maximas. And the heater/AC motor has developed a loud growl that goes away after 2-3 minutes. Car still looks "fresh" after 6 years and 101,000 miles. Seats are comfortable. Turning radius is awful. It's like turning the Titanic in a farm pond. All in all, though, a good investment and outstanding driving machine for the open road.

Favorite Features

Still-fresh styling after six years; smooth transmission; good BOSE system; slide in/slide out driver's seat; attentiveness of Infiniti service; loaner cars for all repairs AND maintenance; split/folding rear seat makes it a mini-SUV for hauling long stuff.

Suggested Improvements

Softer, more durable leather surfaces; shorter turning radius; a little more tautness (less limousine ride) through tight corners; a little more braking ability - brakes are a little too soft for more liking; and finally, a stiffer rear suspension.