2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Review: Can you afford it?

2001 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Review

Can you afford it?
By bonedatt on

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking for a second vehicle for job and everyday commute and settled for the 2001 Infiniti I30. Coming from a German made 2009 VW Passat and now a 2012 VW CC 'Lux Plus', the expectations were already high. The 2001 I30 lived and still lives up to this expectation. The interior and exterior are beautiful. There are technologies on this vehicle that I think even the Germans can still borrow from to add to some of their "future" vehicles :-). Don't get me wrong, German engineering is still up there but this car holds it's own. The question potential buyers of this vehicle may want to ask themselves is "can you afford this"?. I don't mean the buying price, but the cost of maintenance.

Auto headlights, the fact that it still has a cassette tape player (WOW), enough cup holders help during long trips, very roomy, memory seats (especially when it re-adjust to let you out), trunk lid opener on remote key, speedometer (160mph)....I can go on and on

Well it's a 2001 model and this review is coming 10 years later so I would hope they improved on any defects or omissions. Now, had I bought this car in 2001, I would have preferred Bi-Xenon head lights with LED day time running lights, two tone leather heated seats, auto power windows for all sides, USB iPod connection, AUX connection, Bluetooth capabilities, 18 inch wheels, electric steering wheel, rear view camera, Rear ventilation outlets, 6 speed transmission, longer lasting sensors (all sensors)