2001 Infiniti I30 3.0L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Bang for the buck

2001 Infiniti I30 Sedan - Consumer Review

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bang for the buck
By Raj Venkat on

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got it used with 68200 miles on it for dealer trade-in price. What a beauty! It is one of the most elegant Infinitis around (past and present). The engine revs effortlessly and the transmission shifts smoothly. Very sturdy at highway speeds of 80 mph. The leather seats are large and comfortable and it is so roomy inside. It definitely likes only premium fuel as I hear an annoying growl when I press the gas with 87 octane fuel. Mileage is not as good as I thought, 21 mpg mixed driving and 26 mpg on highway. The tornado fuel saver did not improve mileage. There is an annoying rattle coming from around the beautiful analog clock when the ext. temp is cold but disappears when the car warms up.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats, auto climate control, acceleration from 40-80 mph, Bose system, exterior style, interior ergonomics, interior space, remote trunk release, large trunk, memory seats, classy analog clock, build quality (sturdy), rear power sunshade is nice feature but more for showing off.

Suggested Improvements

Road noise is a little high for a luxury car - need more sound dampening, improve acceleration from 0-40 mph to call it a sports luxury car, the doors don't close easily - need to slam them, Improve fuel economy to 24 mpg for mixed driving, need all-wheel drive option, Erase 'Nissan' from ext. glass