Used 2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Bang for the buck
By Raj Venkat

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got it used with 68200 miles on it for dealer trade-in price. What a beauty! It is one of the most elegant Infinitis around (past and present). The engine revs effortlessly and the transmission shifts smoothly. Very sturdy at highway speeds of 80 mph. The leather seats are large and comfortable and it is so roomy inside. It definitely likes only premium fuel as I hear an annoying growl when I press the gas with 87 octane fuel. Mileage is not as good as I thought, 21 mpg mixed driving and 26 mpg on highway. The tornado fuel saver did not improve mileage. There is an annoying rattle coming from around the beautiful analog clock when the ext. temp is cold but disappears when the car warms up.

Heated leather seats, auto climate control, acceleration from 40-80 mph, Bose system, exterior style, interior ergonomics, interior space, remote trunk release, large trunk, memory seats, classy analog clock, build quality (sturdy), rear power sunshade is nice feature but more for showing off.

Road noise is a little high for a luxury car - need more sound dampening, improve acceleration from 0-40 mph to call it a sports luxury car, the doors don't close easily - need to slam them, Improve fuel economy to 24 mpg for mixed driving, need all-wheel drive option, Erase 'Nissan' from ext. glass

EXCELLENT
By Candy French

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car! I have 80000 miles on it and have owned it since 1400 miles, never given me an ounce of trouble. I love the dealership, they give you loaners for anything you have done on the car! My only concern is that I was told not to take it over 90000 miles, that is when it starts to get expensive to maintain. Guess it's time to shop for a new Infinity soon!

All if it - it's a great car!

Infiniti Without A Doubt
By KeyLargoKen

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Picked this I30 up at dealership w/65000 miles for a low price. O2 sensors replaced by dealership @ 60000 miles. Car ran great, looked great, rode great. Have put additional 8000 miles on since purchase. This is, absolutely without a doubt, a super road car. It's comfortable, smooth, classic looking and I'm averaging 27- 28 mpg running at 70 MPH. Have switched tires to 225 x 65 x 16 (Regatta 2s) at 35 PSI and ride is super smooth (tire diameter goes from 25" to 27") and they really fill up the wheelwells. I expect to keep this one close to 200000 miles or more (have 92 Accord with 153000 just running great). This is NOT like any Maxima I've driven. It's far better!

Acceleration, Bose, lumbar adjustment, rear sunshade, gas mileage, color (white pearl), great looking tan leather interior, build quality of this car is fantastic, dealership service topnotch

2002 I35 probably supplied most minor improvements including the additional power

Love this car
By Adihere

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked it up. Great car from day 1. Learning to appreciate it more and more every day. Looks fabulous, great performer, comfortable interior. Althought the suspension is stiffer on the t's the ride is harsh sometimes over the littles bumps you feel it in the cabin. This car is made well, great looking, and will get many years of pleasure driving it.

HID lamps, Touring styling, Bose, sunshade, huge 1 touch moonroof

ride quality - road feel. Quicker shifting tranny. hand brake, more mid console room

good deal
By giguy

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my I30 at a friend's lease termination. I got a very good deal. I graduated to this v6 and have really enjoyed the additional power vs my v4 Toyota. The car handles well and is quick. My biggest criticism is that the ride is rough. It's like I can feel every change in the road's surface. Also, there seems to be a whistle of air, the origin of which I cannot determine. I like the sun visor feature which allows you to block out the sun coming from the rear window, with just the touch of a button. I think it is stylish and still looks good among newer cars. The ABS is good but my Subaru Outback rides better and has better brakes.

Auto AC and rear window visor

Needs improvement on the suspension