Used 2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 Infiniti I30

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

i30t
By wd

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

dealership is great to work with but have had a lot of problems with car electrical, exhaust .

End of Infiniti
By TJ

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The first few years were great but soon after the warranty of 4 years hit that's when the quarterly trips to the over priced Infiniti garage started as the check engine light seemed to turn on as if on a timer...I still have my '96 Honda Accord EX given the new Infiniti prices for the G and M...I am going back to the H...Honda.

Favorite Features

Great Engine...

Suggested Improvements

Rear Suspension should be independent...

It's not made of plastic!
By Irene Bradway

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first "luxury" car since the '80s. After raising my kids, I wanted a car that I could drive for hours without feeling cramped. I love it. Lots of bells and whistles, but I bought it because of it's reliability rating with Consumer Reports. And it has proven incredibly reliable, including when I accidentally run over curbs!

Favorite Features

Power windows, doors, side mirrors,seats, sun roof and trunk. I love that both seats in the back can be folded down thus expanding the trunk space to accomodate long loads.

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage, but with 6 cyclinders that may not be possible.

Terrific car
By natshey

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After a harrowing Volvo experience, I wanted a reliable car. I bought a certified preowned I30 for the 100k warranty. Today, I traded the car-- without ever having to use the warranty in 97000 miles. I just replaced the brakes at 90k. This has been a fantastic car for me--plenty of power, comfort and space. It was hard to find a replacement.

Favorite Features

heated leather seats, being ushered in and out of the driver's seat, plenty of power for merging and passing during interstate driving, bose stereo

Suggested Improvements

it's fine the way it is

Don't judge this book by its cover ...
By John

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My I30 has an exterior look of "your father's Oldsmobile". However, it also has excellent acceleration and braking, a smooth powerful engine, superb interior controls, awesome BOSE sound, and rock-solid reliability. It was rated a Consumer Reports automotive "Best Buy" for a reason. I'm convinced that the only reason that it doesn't cost alot more is that Infiniti marketing is so bad.

Favorite Features

Excellent BOSE sound, don't-have-to-think-about-it engine performance, excellent reliability

Suggested Improvements

Can feel rough on the roads if the tires are over-inflated (i.e., to max pressure instead of recommended pressure).