2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews 4

2001 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Bang for the buck
By Raj Venkat on 01/04/05 15:33 PM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Got it used with 68200 miles on it for dealer trade-in price. What a beauty! It is one of the most elegant Infinitis around (past and present). The engine revs effortlessly and the transmission shifts smoothly. Very sturdy at highway speeds of 80 mph. The leather seats are large and comfortable and it is so roomy inside. It definitely likes only premium fuel as I hear an annoying growl when I press the gas with 87 octane fuel. Mileage is not as good as I thought, 21 mpg mixed driving and 26 mpg on highway. The tornado fuel saver did not improve mileage. There is an annoying rattle coming from around the beautiful analog clock when the ext. temp is cold but disappears when the car warms up.

EXCELLENT
By Candy French on 12/01/04 10:24 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I love my car! I have 80000 miles on it and have owned it since 1400 miles, never given me an ounce of trouble. I love the dealership, they give you loaners for anything you have done on the car! My only concern is that I was told not to take it over 90000 miles, that is when it starts to get expensive to maintain. Guess it's time to shop for a new Infinity soon!

Infiniti Without A Doubt
By KeyLargoKen on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Picked this I30 up at dealership w/65000 miles for a low price. O2 sensors replaced by dealership @ 60000 miles. Car ran great, looked great, rode great. Have put additional 8000 miles on since purchase. This is, absolutely without a doubt, a super road car. It's comfortable, smooth, classic looking and I'm averaging 27- 28 mpg running at 70 MPH. Have switched tires to 225 x 65 x 16 (Regatta 2s) at 35 PSI and ride is super smooth (tire diameter goes from 25" to 27") and they really fill up the wheelwells. I expect to keep this one close to 200000 miles or more (have 92 Accord with 153000 just running great). This is NOT like any Maxima I've driven. It's far better!

Love this car
By Adihere on 07/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Just picked it up. Great car from day 1. Learning to appreciate it more and more every day. Looks fabulous, great performer, comfortable interior. Althought the suspension is stiffer on the t's the ride is harsh sometimes over the littles bumps you feel it in the cabin. This car is made well, great looking, and will get many years of pleasure driving it.

good deal
By giguy on 06/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my I30 at a friend's lease termination. I got a very good deal. I graduated to this v6 and have really enjoyed the additional power vs my v4 Toyota. The car handles well and is quick. My biggest criticism is that the ride is rough. It's like I can feel every change in the road's surface. Also, there seems to be a whistle of air, the origin of which I cannot determine. I like the sun visor feature which allows you to block out the sun coming from the rear window, with just the touch of a button. I think it is stylish and still looks good among newer cars. The ABS is good but my Subaru Outback rides better and has better brakes.

good car
By matt f on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

63000 miles so far engine runs great so quiet you don't even know its running. Transmission shifts perfect. Great braking performance, very good in rain and light and moderate snow. 21mpg mixed driving. 14000 miles on car since purchases, brakes still ahve 75% left on them. Seats comfortable brisk acceleration. Great car overall.

Great Car
By DimaSI on 04/06/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Great car all around, i upgraded from a fully loaded Bonneville. This is a japanese car in it's best. I am an infinity customer for a while now. I have close to 75,000 miles on my car and it's in great shape mechanically. The build quality for this car was my first reason for buying it over a tl or lincoln ls and it has proven to be great.

Rose's Toy
By Gerald Keeney on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Spacious interior with look of luxury; touring model is quick, flat performer, gives confidence while driving; standard and optional features top quality . Excess air-intake noise on hard acceleration; under-hood noise when a/c is turned on; small knobs.

Great for the money
By blue devil on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Given, I just upgraded from a Toyota Corrolla - but I think the I-30 is great. I looked at the ES 300, Avalon, Acura TL and RL - while they're all great cars the I-30 was the best bang for the buck - superior rear seat space (vs TL and ES 300) - smoother ride than the Avalon - and much less expensive than the RL or ES 300. Although it was probably my least favorite exterior design, after test driving it I knew it was the best overall luxury sedan value.

My 2001 Infiniti I30
By pridonee on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Overall, an excellent and reliable car. The power is outstanding but it could be quieter. Road noise is too apparent, and there's a lot of wind noise from the back door seals. The ride is a bit harsh, though better at higher speeds. The heater is could be more effective. Service is outstanding.