Used 2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

I love this car
By nadine710

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car close to 4 years, bought it used. Almost 100K miles on it now. Rides like brand new. Talked to a car salesman today and he said that these cars start running their best at 100K and I believe it. You can't even tell the car is on. I have been tempted to get something newer but I just can't trade my baby in. Best car I've ever owned.

Rear sunshade, great seats and quick and very reliable.

Better paint would be nice.

Best car I've had
By Kitty

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've put 70K miles on this car and aside from other people denting and running (mostly in parking lots) this car has been wonderful. Never a problem I've owned 5 other makes and this has been the least amount of trouble. Waiting for them to do a hybrid...

classic lines, almost like an old mercedes, rounded features deco style.

better gas!! it's not terrible but most cars could be a lot better.

Infiniti and Beyond
By potamus

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because of the good consumer reviews at the time. 1.5 years later I understand those reviews. This is my first Nissan product and I'm impressed. Love the firmed-up suspension and look of upgraded wheels/tires in the Touring model. Bought it for my wife, and I now drive it more than she does. This is the first four-door car I will actually admit to owning!

Touring Package, Bose stereo.

Wish it didn't need high-octane fuel for optimum performance.

Not as nice as it should be
By David

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is more of a tank than a sports car. Slow at the start, but has zip at 30+ mph. Interior quality is average. Well known radio/CD issues with this car that Infiniti never offered to fix for owners. Outside temp does not show unless asked for. Gas mileage for a car this size is poor and the amount of road noise is in unacceptable range. I cannot have a decent cell phone call while on the highway in the I30. New tires may help, but not that much.

Stereo sound is very good. Car starts and runs every day like it should. Uses 87 octane fuel.

Noise, noise, noise... this car is far too loud. If you have a highway commute, don't buy.

Pretty good car
By mobucky

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 Maximas, this was my first Infiniti. Car has been a pleasure, with only a couple annoyances. The reading light has burned out four times due to an apparent short that the dealership only identified after the warranty was gone. Leather has been faster to wear than in my Maximas. And the heater/AC motor has developed a loud growl that goes away after 2-3 minutes. Car still looks "fresh" after 6 years and 101,000 miles. Seats are comfortable. Turning radius is awful. It's like turning the Titanic in a farm pond. All in all, though, a good investment and outstanding driving machine for the open road.

Still-fresh styling after six years; smooth transmission; good BOSE system; slide in/slide out driver's seat; attentiveness of Infiniti service; loaner cars for all repairs AND maintenance; split/folding rear seat makes it a mini-SUV for hauling long stuff.

Softer, more durable leather surfaces; shorter turning radius; a little more tautness (less limousine ride) through tight corners; a little more braking ability - brakes are a little too soft for more liking; and finally, a stiffer rear suspension.