2001 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Stay away
By mas4497 on 04/12/07 10:35 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I read reviews before I bought this car, and it seemed like a safe choice. All scheduled maint. was provided by the dealer but at 80K the problems began and haven't stopped. MAF sensor, 2 alternators, driver's seat motor, O2 sensor, another problem has just popped up and it's sure to be another. $1,000. Low price is not worth the thousands spent in repairs, not to mention it has left me stranded 3 times in 3 years.

excellent car!
By infiniti_i30 on 03/13/07 23:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

excellent car! acceleration from 0-40 is my favorite! very tight car! highly recommended!

great car but long in tooth
By ertsfan on 10/15/06 17:07 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable, but bad mileage (19/21). Suspension can be slightly squirrelly. Engine is great; way better than the variable cam Toyota V6.

Disappointed in repairs needed
By Kevin on 10/04/06 10:29 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Loved this car when first purchased but it has not held up well over time.Presently has 53,000 miles and have had driver autmatic seat break (very costly) oxygen sensor replaced, muffler replaced, brakes front and rear pads and rotors replaced, all 4 tires replaced, I expected better from a luxury car.

1 yr of owning
By yjmontreal on 08/23/06 15:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

purchased 1 yr ago at 117,000km. now at 130,000km. had to replace alternator. CEL comes on and off telling O2 sensor is bad. car pulls good when you floor it but during normal throttle, car feels heavy and big. turning circle is very big. fuel economy isn't great. regular can be used but premium recommended. Very good on highway cruising. long list of options but the material quality isn't up to acura/lexus. doesn't have MIST wiper operation that sweeps only once (even civic has this feature). need to turn on the wiper and turn off for occational wiper sweep. Trunk space is HUGE. interior space is HUGE as well. Standard HID is good but need more brightness.

i30t
By wd on 08/11/06 19:48 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

dealership is great to work with but have had a lot of problems with car electrical, exhaust .

End of Infiniti
By TJ on 06/18/06 19:01 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

The first few years were great but soon after the warranty of 4 years hit that's when the quarterly trips to the over priced Infiniti garage started as the check engine light seemed to turn on as if on a timer...I still have my '96 Honda Accord EX given the new Infiniti prices for the G and M...I am going back to the H...Honda.

It's not made of plastic!
By Irene Bradway on 11/16/05 13:27 PM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first "luxury" car since the '80s. After raising my kids, I wanted a car that I could drive for hours without feeling cramped. I love it. Lots of bells and whistles, but I bought it because of it's reliability rating with Consumer Reports. And it has proven incredibly reliable, including when I accidentally run over curbs!

Terrific car
By natshey on 03/12/05 11:27 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After a harrowing Volvo experience, I wanted a reliable car. I bought a certified preowned I30 for the 100k warranty. Today, I traded the car-- without ever having to use the warranty in 97000 miles. I just replaced the brakes at 90k. This has been a fantastic car for me--plenty of power, comfort and space. It was hard to find a replacement.

Don't judge this book by its cover ...
By John on 03/03/05 07:39 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My I30 has an exterior look of "your father's Oldsmobile". However, it also has excellent acceleration and braking, a smooth powerful engine, superb interior controls, awesome BOSE sound, and rock-solid reliability. It was rated a Consumer Reports automotive "Best Buy" for a reason. I'm convinced that the only reason that it doesn't cost alot more is that Infiniti marketing is so bad.