Used 2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Great car... w/exceptions
By KP

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Infiniti that we purchased. I love the car other than a few items that need attention. Power tilt on driver's side needs repair after approx 70,000 miles, Oxygen sensor keeps coming on and I decided to ignore it (too costly to keep repairing). Gas mileage ok

Favorite Features

Drives fantastic on the highway. It is very comfortable, Bose system is great

Suggested Improvements

Better mileage and seats are wearing. (I baby this car)

Still Happy
By Baylor88

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 27,000 miles on it and it was 4 years old. It has 117K miles on it now. It has held up very well. O2 sensors were replaced under warranty. I purchased it with a certified used warranty from the local Infiniti dealer. This with worth the premium I paid. That warranty was good until 100K miles and the service I received was excellent. My complaints are that the vinyl seat edge is wearing out on the driver's side. Everything else in the interior still looks great. I wish it got better gas mileage about 23 overall - but given the size and power of the car that's not bad. Very comfortable. Quick but a little heavy feeling. Very solid feeling.

Favorite Features

Beautiful Maroon & Gold 2-tone paint scheme. Styling still looks great. It's 8 years old and I still get compliments on the appearance. Very reliable. Great to drive on the highway. Plenty of power - well behaved, even at 80-100 mph.

Suggested Improvements

If you buy one look into a radio that is iPod friendly if that's important to you. The leather is wearing thin on the steering wheel. Look into the '02 models if you want more power - that's the i35 and has a 3.5 liter engine instead of a 3.0.

Worst Car I Ever Owened
By guessw

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife's Honda Accord was stolen and we wanted a a nice temporary replacement car for her while we recuperated from the loss. Buying a used Infiniti I30 was a huge mistake. within one week of taking it home the instrument panel went out $200 towing $375 to repair. After that it has left us stranded 3 times at $200 per tow. Replaced alternator, starter, belts and oxygen sensors. Lately its its been stalling and dealer says we need a new transmission, probably another $2000 in repairs. We bought the car for $4200 with the intention of keeping it for one year and so far we've spent $1900 in repairs. We should have just bought something new.

Favorite Features

Nice Bose system. When it runs, it's comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

Car sits too low

Excellent Car
By Excellent Car

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car about 3 1/2 years ago with 14k on it. I have only had to do routine maintenance on it. Great fuel economy because of regular maintenance. I currently have 94,000 miles on the car and it still runs like new. This car drives like sports car and still seats 4 adults comfortably.

Favorite Features

230 HP and great gas mileage. Huge gas tank is a plus as well. With 18 gallons you fill up even less! HUGE truck!

Suggested Improvements

Struts out lasted the bushings, not cool! Had to replace the struts at 93,000 miles just to replace the bushings. The drivers seat motor has worn out and cannot move seat back and forth. Volume knob on the weak Bose stereo does not work. The Bose stereo is weak... Not the Bose I know!

Excellent Used Car
By Jerry

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 I-30T used off a one owner lease at 31K. I have now had the car for 4 years and it is still meeting my expectations at 85K. I've changed tires, belts, brake pads but other than one item (mass air flow sensor $300) all I have done is put oil and gas into it. It is sporty, plenty of power and averages 22 (19/25) mpg in mixed use driving and is quieter at highway speeds than the M. No rust, no probs, engine is one of the best.

Favorite Features

Comfy seats, great std options, Bose stereo, great visibility and power rear sunshade.

Suggested Improvements

Poor turning radius, my wife's Sienna outturns this car. Car also sits a tad low.