2001 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Great car... w/exceptions
By KP on 11/18/08 06:17 AM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first Infiniti that we purchased. I love the car other than a few items that need attention. Power tilt on driver's side needs repair after approx 70,000 miles, Oxygen sensor keeps coming on and I decided to ignore it (too costly to keep repairing). Gas mileage ok

Still Happy
By Baylor88 on 10/18/08 15:59 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car with 27,000 miles on it and it was 4 years old. It has 117K miles on it now. It has held up very well. O2 sensors were replaced under warranty. I purchased it with a certified used warranty from the local Infiniti dealer. This with worth the premium I paid. That warranty was good until 100K miles and the service I received was excellent. My complaints are that the vinyl seat edge is wearing out on the driver's side. Everything else in the interior still looks great. I wish it got better gas mileage about 23 overall - but given the size and power of the car that's not bad. Very comfortable. Quick but a little heavy feeling. Very solid feeling.

Worst Car I Ever Owened
By guessw on 10/05/08 08:52 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

My wife's Honda Accord was stolen and we wanted a a nice temporary replacement car for her while we recuperated from the loss. Buying a used Infiniti I30 was a huge mistake. within one week of taking it home the instrument panel went out $200 towing $375 to repair. After that it has left us stranded 3 times at $200 per tow. Replaced alternator, starter, belts and oxygen sensors. Lately its its been stalling and dealer says we need a new transmission, probably another $2000 in repairs. We bought the car for $4200 with the intention of keeping it for one year and so far we've spent $1900 in repairs. We should have just bought something new.

Excellent Car
By Excellent Car on 09/29/08 19:54 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car about 3 1/2 years ago with 14k on it. I have only had to do routine maintenance on it. Great fuel economy because of regular maintenance. I currently have 94,000 miles on the car and it still runs like new. This car drives like sports car and still seats 4 adults comfortably.

Excellent Used Car
By Jerry on 08/17/08 19:09 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 2001 I-30T used off a one owner lease at 31K. I have now had the car for 4 years and it is still meeting my expectations at 85K. I've changed tires, belts, brake pads but other than one item (mass air flow sensor $300) all I have done is put oil and gas into it. It is sporty, plenty of power and averages 22 (19/25) mpg in mixed use driving and is quieter at highway speeds than the M. No rust, no probs, engine is one of the best.

I love this car
By nadine710 on 07/19/08 21:08 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've had this car close to 4 years, bought it used. Almost 100K miles on it now. Rides like brand new. Talked to a car salesman today and he said that these cars start running their best at 100K and I believe it. You can't even tell the car is on. I have been tempted to get something newer but I just can't trade my baby in. Best car I've ever owned.

Best car I've had
By Kitty on 05/21/08 10:54 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I've put 70K miles on this car and aside from other people denting and running (mostly in parking lots) this car has been wonderful. Never a problem I've owned 5 other makes and this has been the least amount of trouble. Waiting for them to do a hybrid...

Infiniti and Beyond
By potamus on 11/04/07 18:11 PM (PST)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car because of the good consumer reviews at the time. 1.5 years later I understand those reviews. This is my first Nissan product and I'm impressed. Love the firmed-up suspension and look of upgraded wheels/tires in the Touring model. Bought it for my wife, and I now drive it more than she does. This is the first four-door car I will actually admit to owning!

Not as nice as it should be
By David on 06/22/07 14:03 PM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is more of a tank than a sports car. Slow at the start, but has zip at 30+ mph. Interior quality is average. Well known radio/CD issues with this car that Infiniti never offered to fix for owners. Outside temp does not show unless asked for. Gas mileage for a car this size is poor and the amount of road noise is in unacceptable range. I cannot have a decent cell phone call while on the highway in the I30. New tires may help, but not that much.

Pretty good car
By mobucky on 05/17/07 10:14 AM (PDT)

2001 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

After 3 Maximas, this was my first Infiniti. Car has been a pleasure, with only a couple annoyances. The reading light has burned out four times due to an apparent short that the dealership only identified after the warranty was gone. Leather has been faster to wear than in my Maximas. And the heater/AC motor has developed a loud growl that goes away after 2-3 minutes. Car still looks "fresh" after 6 years and 101,000 miles. Seats are comfortable. Turning radius is awful. It's like turning the Titanic in a farm pond. All in all, though, a good investment and outstanding driving machine for the open road.