Used 2001 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Great Used Vehicle
By maria norris

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle two model-years old with 28,000 miles, currently has 105,000 miles. It has been a stellar performer! Very comfortable and refined interior and classic exterior body styling. This car has clearly spoiled me. It is going to be difficult to replace this level of refinement and trouble-free driving, and do it with a reasonable price tag. Mileage has been better than expected for this size vehicle, combined driving consistently averaging 25. Only complaint is the underbody design puts stress on the exhaust system; I have had to replace it three times. Other than that, just routine maintenance.

Favorite Features

Bose Sound System, Rear window sun screen, memory seats

Suggested Improvements

rear power windows squeak moving up/down in hot weather.

Just Fix It
By KeyLargoKen

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

A great car I bought used with 65000 on it. Have just replaced struts, plugs, belts, O2 sensors (rear), front stbilizer links. Average 27 - 28 MPG on premium @ steady 68 MPH. Paid 13K, just put $1600 in for above repairs. Excellent road car. Fussy about tire pressures on Potenzas G009. Too much results in hard ride. Bose great, A/C fantastic, not much wind/road noise. This is not a cheap car to maintain at the dealer, however I highly recommend using only the dealership for service. OEM replacement parts for this car are the only way to go. It should be put on the computer every time it goes for service. Car should go 200K miles relatively trouble free

Favorite Features

Bose, leather, transmission. Absolutely no vibration from this car at idle. You shouldn't be able to tell that it's even running. I've got almost 105K on mine and it's very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

Better seat motors. These are a little glitchy. Independent rear suspension would have made these cars real burners and would make the M even a better car.

Lemon
By Jean McDonald

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this car new. It drives good handling is excellent, fuel economy good, this vehicle was great until it got to 65,000 miles then it started to come unglued, it now has 85,000 miles on it now, sensors are going out one after the other, struts gone, front axles out now, brake calipers replaced, catalytic converters replaced to many items to list have been replaced, am trading it in for a Ford as soon as I get it out of the shop.

Don't Want to Lose It
By Mike

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

This car started out as my mom's, she drove it for six years and then passed it down to me when my car bit the dust. It just feels like an all around great ride, smooth, classy, and reliable. Very few trips to the shop each year, usually one thing at a time, the kind of problems that come with an aging auto. At best I've been able to squeeze 29 or 30 mpg on long highway drives, of which I've been doing a lot of. My favorite part about reading other I-30 reviews is how long everyone intends to keep theirs until 300,000 miles. I'm passing mine down to my younger brother, in favor of a newer car. No doubt it'll keep running.

Favorite Features

The heated seats were a big selling point for my mom.

Suggested Improvements

The factory rims are not so great. Look at any I-30's rims and you'll see excessive erosion that can lead to air leaks.

Top notch highway cruiser
By bahnstormer

2001 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan (3.0L 6cyl 4A)

Recently pulled the I30 out from an almost 3-year garaged hiatus and it still looks fresh after all these years though the paint has seen better days. Cruises effortlessly on European highways with cruise control set at nearly 100mph. Excellent midrange power at the expense of fuel economy. Suspension is tuned for comfort; car gets unsettled during small-radius backroads turns. After 60,000 miles only problem has been with O2 sensor, otherwise trouble- free. I can foresee keeping this car for at least another 5 years. The Bose radio alone merits this, though the rear parcel shelf mounted subwoofer can become boomy. Otherwise, great value, great car.

Favorite Features

Midrange power is addicting. Bose radio sounds crisp. Superior interior space trumps many competitors. Analog clock on center console is a classy touch. Cruises effortlessly and comfortably on highways.

Suggested Improvements

The wood trim package features cheap, thin pieces glued over the standard trim. Fuel economy stands for improvement, as does the suspension; its a little too soft for the caliber engine that the car has.