Great car! But rust issue on front motor/radiator mount
By taylor1111 on
2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan
Purchased in 2000 when Infiniti launched new redesign of I30t model. Car was originally my Dad's, now I own it w/ 255K mi. Had its share of wear and tear being 12 years old and driven on avg over 100 mi/day commuting.There is a flaw with this car and that is the rust that builds on the radiator mount under the car. This mount also connects with the front motor mount. Car has been garage kept. I know of others that have seen this also.I can feel its affect on the car's performance and handling. Its only b/c of this I am now looking for another car. Cost to repair isn't worth the value of the car. If choosing to buy, note to look for this. However the car is great. I will truly miss it.
By eddiesr
on 06/12/13 15:16 PM (PDT)

I brought my 2000 I30 in for a NYS inspection and oil change three weeks ago. I received a call a few hours later from the mechanic who had it on the lift and saw extensive rusting on the motor frame/mount. I went to see it and could not believe how severe it was. I am the original owner and the car was never submerged in water or had any water damage. I garaged the I30 for its first 8 yrs. and then housed it on my driveway for the past five years. As taylor1111 did, I junked the car as costs to repair it far exceeded its book value.