2000 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Good but a problem
By Ken on 01/05/05 13:54 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I love my I30 except for one significant problem. Pinging/detonation. Frequently when I give it substantial gas on accleration I get pinging. I run premium gas and have talked with the dealership. They indicated they could try cleaning the injectors but there weren't any guarantees this would fix the problem. I would not buy a 2000 model year again. Go up to at least a 200X model that has the 3.5 liter motor and higher horsepower. I think they improved the computer program to fix this problem and allow the car to run on regular gas.

What a mistake - I miss my Tahoe!
By TWBnMD on 12/30/04 14:33 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I was forced to trade a Tahoe LT to get something with better economy ( I have a sizable commute thru Baltimore). It started out OK, but slowly deteriorated to become a vehicle I can't wait to get rid off. No more Infiniti's for me - EVER.There's this "clicking noise in the climate control ( fan at lowest setting ). AFTER I got this car I found out. Infinity "fixed" it, nope. I'll never be suckered into a "premium" Japanese auto again ( unless it's a Lexus ).

True value
By Golfin1105 on 09/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This car has been best value of any of the cars I have purchased in the past. (under $30K) Besides being priced fair, it has every add-on that one could want without having to pay an extra. Repairs have non-existant or covered by the warrenty. Looks are classy and clean, does not show its age in the styling changes that other vehicles do each couple of years. I will buy another one in the future.

A good choice, with a few caviats
By I30Auditor on 07/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

After 6 months of research, I bought a 2000 I30 with 56,000 on it. Got it for a steal, though in retrospect its a good thing its still under warrenty. Next week Infiniti is paying to have a new transmission put in . (Though they tell me this is SO rare they have to order it in from Japan). And today I discovered safety glass in one of the rear trim pieces (some with blood on it, indicating an accident). All in all though, I really coulnd't be happier. Its got a ton of bells and whistles, is dead quiet on the freeway, and gets decent mileage. Everyone who sees it tells me how classy it looks. Love the clock in the dash. Give it a good hard look.

Reliable and Comfortable
By inthemula on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Reliable and comfortable car. Has all the creature features a luxury car should have. Drives like a big car. Sluggish off the line.

No problems ever
By DaMcLis on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

The I30 has been my best vehicle ever. Four years + 3months of ownership and I have never had a warranty issue or mechanical breakdown. I replaced the tires at 33000. Oil changes every 3K, transmission oil at 30K, Cooling system at 30K. It jumps into traffic, rides like a dream. Why should I ever sell it or trade it?

Infinti Warranty
By Shalchi on 05/04/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I have had my 2000 Infiniti I30t for 7 months now; it had 46,000 miles when I bought it. however when I took it to the Infiniti dealer for repeated check engine light they made me buy an $18 gas cap to eliminate the light problem rather than they fix it, Infiniti’s so called bumper to bumper warranty was like fender to fender, oh by the way their life time warranty on the paint is a big lie also, front end clicking noise was a concern as well, Infinite consumer affairs was not a big help either, and Infiniti will try so hard not to honor their bumper to bumper warranty.

High Mileage - No Worries
By AZ Driver on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Hesitant to purchase w/ 76k, but have not had any problems yet. This car has enough power and mechanic says it will go 200k w/regular maintenance. Perfect realtor car! Purchased for $13k out the door and will buy pre owned luxury before brand new mid line again. Wish it had navigation which is very rare on these cars. Priced better than Lexus with even par quality. Performance with decent MPG. Transmission is as smooth as could be.

our infinity
By Morts on 03/18/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

one of the most trouble free cars we have ever owned.Some road noise while traveling freeways,front end not as strong a we would like,hard on front tires.Had some issues with window noise when lowering and raising.Cruise control in bad place on steering wheel hard to set at night.Had to have the computer re-programmed recently.Car is quite warm when running in econ dosent take in outside cool air takes in warm air

Best value for used car
By Folski on 03/11/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used. It is a great car. I love it. It has everything I wanted: sunroof, 6 cd changer, leather interior, rear spoiler, great v6 engine, good mpg's, sports car ride, great look. What makes this a great used car is its great reliability and lower resale value. It can be had for thousands less than other comparable cars (Lexus ES, Avalon, Acura TL, BMW, MB). I always buy used and long term reliability is the key to buying used. The last 2 cars I owned have gone over 200k miles (Infiniti & Maxima). This car will do that easily. The Infiniti I30 is without a doubt the best used value in the upscale sedan class.