Used 2000 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Nice car, but bad reliability.
By BP

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about a year ago with 45k miles on it and have had problems ever since. Upon purchase I had to replace the belts (which is to be expected for a 7 year old car). What I didn't expect was the catalytic converter to fail (which Infiniti covers up to 80k miles), the A/C compressor to fail, all 6 coils needed to be replaced, the muffler was banging the bottom of the car and the CD player stopped working. At this point, about $2500 has been spent on repairs. Luckily we bought an extended warranty. My other car is a Nissan Altima and I really like it. But, I doubt I'll be buying another Infiniti.

Smooth ride. The engine runs very quiet/smooth and has nice power (V6 240hp). Comfortable seats. Roomy cabin. Quality paint (after 8 yrs it still looks quite good).

Electrical & mechanical system needs improvement. This includes stereo, exhaust system, engine coils and A/C system.

You will spend, oh yes.
By j

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Traded in an older Camry for the Infiniti because my wife thought it was "ugly." However in 4 years I spent less on that car then I've spent in the past 9 months on the I30. Had it checked out before we bought it, all systems were a go. However within 2 months the alternator went out. Shortly after that the car started misfiring, and it started running poorly and jerking when at a stop light. Had the engine coils replaced along with the spark plugs and a full maintenance check + fluids flush. Also have had to replace both rear and front brakes. So 9 months and at least $3,000 later, hopefully we are done for awhile with spending money on it.

This car is stylish for a sedan. I get complimented on it often enough considering it is 8 years old. The interior design is beautiful and extremely comfortable. Comparing it to a new Cadillac STS I rented for a week on a recent trip, I would take the I30's interior any day.

Reliability problems.

Reliable - you decide
By LTR gone bad

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Car purchased new. At 50000 car began to self destruct, power seat, alternator, SES light, new brakes at 55K, transmission slip, engine ping. All service at dealer. At 60K SES light on again, brake calipers bad. > $4000 in repairs in 2 years. Trade in at dealer on new MSRP $40000 = $5000 before today's 2 grand. Am I still a happy customer? NO! Like the new G35, but would I buy another Infiniti? Doubt it.

Great size, comfortable, thought it was dependable.

Stand behind products if defects seem to be across the board. I'm not an exception. There are bulletins on these weaknesses.

Infiniti 2000 I130 Touring
By PJ Mcewan

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I thought this car would be like wearing sturdy shoes, good for me but no fun. I was wrong. After 7 years of driving, I still love this car. It is mannerly, strong, reliable, actually fun to drive, delivers power as needed, and the styling actually looks good to me now. I guess true friends always look attractive.

Reliability, it's well-mannered handling, plus the little goodies like seat memory, great headlamp lighting, a huge trunk that has a passthrough compartment, although I don't haul anything that long in my pretty car.

I think the interior could be refined just a bit more, more continuity in design.

Dependable
By Mike

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

The Infiniti I30t is a very dependable car and very fun to drive. I am the second owner of the vehicle. When I bought it the car had 56,000 mi and now has 150,000 mi. Because it is a touring edition to do ride comfort and turning radius because of the stiff suspension. The car is very safe. I t-boned someone and the car crushed in all of the right places. Thank God it wasn't totalled. I am still driving and I drive it like I hate it. I plan to get over 300,000 mi. out of this car.

My favorite features have to be the sound system and xenon headlights.

Two great improvements especially for the touring edition would be an optional manual and a hand brake rather than the emergency brake on the floor. Makes it a little hard to drift and do 180's. ;-)