2000 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Gets the luxury basics right
By windowphobe6 on 05/20/07 19:37 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

This car is just crammed full of features, and yet it doesn't look cluttered: everything makes sense, and everything works the way it should. It may look Japanese generic on the outside, but I'm grateful for the restraint: I'm not anxious to be noticed, especially in a car where sudden bursts to 90-plus mph are so effortless. It's not quite as tossable as, say, the current Infiniti G, but it's a good way to get into the Infiniti Experience for next to nothing.

Wife's trash is my treasure...
By Ron on 04/06/07 02:10 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Took 00 I30t from wife, for whom I just bought silky-smooth, quiet 07 Lexus ES 350 because she hates noisy, bumpy I30 that she drove 6 yrs. I love this deal! (So does she!) I value perf, handling, luxury & style, which I30 has plenty. High wind noise is no issue because I play loud metal on excellent Bose stereo. Wife treated it like baby, garaged it, so it's immaculate. After recent extensive prev maint, fixing silly trash can lid dash compartment, & installing hi-perf tires, it's LIKE NEW. Other than bad alt & occaisional coil misfire (we replaced all coils), it has been very reliable. Interior is spacious and luxurious. My car status is now excellent! I plan to drive it many more years.

Like sands through the hourglass
By jeh255 on 12/31/06 04:45 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought my car new and mostly liked the quality. Had the brake trouble listed in the forum and it was corrected early on. Since 50,000 (now 55,000) the car is like a "problem time bomb", alternator, power seat, oxygen sensor. All expensive repairs. these are all problems reported in the problems solution and reported in service bulletins. Should I buy another Infiniti? I expected more for the price I paid. I didn't think cars failed at 50,000 miles anymore.Should the manufacturer take some responsibility for their product? I think so.

Not a bad car
By II3 on 11/17/06 14:31 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I just got this car a couple of weeks ago from my mom. It has 110K on it which obviously means that it's not in perfect condition. However, the engine and tranny are excellent and you can't tell whether it has 110K or 60K. The other parts aren't so perfect. The sunroof doesn't work properly, and one of the tweeters from the sound system, which is excellent by the way, is fading out. Nevertheless you'd expect something like that from a car with 110K on it. Other than that the car is awesome. I need to do some regular maintenance on it and it'll be perfect. Just make sure to fill it up with premium gasoline because the performance is much better and according to Infiniti it's required.

The Shine is Off!
By DPayne on 07/13/06 10:17 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I bought the I30t with 47K miles 2 1/2 years agoI was very happy with it until about a year ago (100K) and it has cost me about $3K since then with the latest being the ign. coils ($1K). It also has developed rattles and a strange metallic clunking in the right rear on uneven pavement (dealer can't find - DUH!). I still like the ride and power, but for $3000 a year in maintenance and squeaks,rattles, and clunks, I'm starting to question whether I wouldn't be better off with something that gets better gas mileage and uses 87 octane.

safety first
By saved on 12/17/05 13:26 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Bought the car slightly used about 12k miles and it has performed very well. Unfortunately it was totaled this month in a roll over front end crash and I walked away with a few cuts but fully intact. Car appealed to me for dependability. Body style slightly boring sedan. Loved auto seats and stereo system -though in dash 6 disc changer would be preferable.

Infiniti I30
By DMoore on 10/17/05 18:33 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I am the second owner of this I30. I purchased this vehicle with 85,000 miles and it now has 105,000. This is the best vehicle, other than a Jaguar, that I have ever driven or owned. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking to purchase a nice car that not many people own. I haven't seen but a few in my area. Gas mileage is average. Reliability is excellent.

SOLID!
By Firechuckh on 06/19/05 14:27 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Infiniti has a new customer for life. As long as they keep putting out great performers. One issue with check engine light (computer reprogram) the dealer took care of free of charge. Keep the premium fuel in, there's only a few cents diffrence and you avoid the pinging as posted earlier. This car is great for the family. I can't wait to buy my G35X!

Solid Car
By Adam on 04/29/05 12:30 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Over all a very good experience. Good power, smooth acceleration, good looks in and out. Minor problems- dash lights go in and out, light in dash clock out all together, and mass airflow meter has gone out 2 times (first time to fix was about $600, the second time dealer took care of). These minor problems have been recent( at 115k miles +).

Alright
By YARNELLF on 04/07/05 19:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

My fiancee and i just purchased this vehicle and i have to say that this was a very wise purchase for the both of us. We are both full time students with a 4 year old daughter, so reliability was our biggest concern. It handles very well and the comfort is mind twisting. My only dislike was that the body style could have been a little bit wider for my liking but it will due for the meantime.