Used 2000 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Time to let go
By AMH

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought new and, even though I am not a "car" person, thought it was the best looking car I had ever seen. It has not cost me anything more than batteries or tires in all of its years. Under warranty the moon roof needed repair and one of the catalytic converters (SES) needed replacement. However, the car now has 97K and has needed a new radiator and another catalytic converter (there are 4), has developed a transmission leak, needs a new starter and the AC has stopped working (all in 2 months!!!). I really like this car but it is time to move on...

Love the visibility---almost no blind spots. Love the acceleration when it is needed.

Since this model is no longer made, it really doesn't matter. Would have liked a compass, but now that there are GPS's not really important.

Good Car For The Money!
By Jason

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I turned in my 2005 Infiniti FX 35 for the Infiniti I30t with 65335 miles (Nov. 28, 2009). I was impressed with the handling and comfort. However, still adjusting to the "low" height and sports car feel.

Great for a while
By Darrell

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 30k miles and had no problems until I reached 55k and the drivers electric seat stopped working. At 70k the ignition coils went out and at 90k the starter had to be replaced. I looked on some blogs and found all of these to be common problems. I see that at 100K I should expect all my instrumentation lights to go out and the check engine light to keep coming on. I have spent over $3500 in repairs so I'm now looking to buy a new car that will be under a warranty. I can't afford to keep paying for costly repairs on a once great car.

Sun roof, stereo, roomy trunk.

Replace all the defective equipment/parts since everyone is having the same problems.

Wonderful Vehicle
By Jason

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I leased an Infiniti FX 35; however, I returned and wanted to stay with the Infiniti brand. I purchased the I30t with 65,500 miles and the vehicle is not even broken in, yet. I am the second owner and could tell the vehicle was garage kept and hardly driven. The vehicle does sit-low (but I did go from an SUV to car). If you're thinking about buying one, do- it!

The Bose sound system!

All improvements were corrected with the I35.

Full sized touring classic
By yUngstar

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car from a buddy of mine with 170K on it. I noticed that the belts needed changing right away and wasn't too sure about the ride, but was told the suspensions may need to be replaced in the next couple of years. Since I have owned the I30t have noticed some deserting things, such as the CD player not working a grinding in the front caliper and jerking from the engine on occasion.

Styling is classic, even on the stock 17s the car looks very respectful. Great interior that has held after 8 years. Sound system is great for a relaxed highway or Sunday drive. Handling (especially with some decent performance radials) We'll see how it handles the Canadian winters this year.

Well there are no needs because it has been replaced but... Ready yourself to spend some cash at least the first time purchased used, then make sure you maintain and this car will last a while.