Used 2000 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Great car for the money
By larry

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 77k miles. Up until 97k there wasn't a problem. At 98k I needed all new wheel bearings, radiator was leaking, trans. Is leaking. Did tun up and air filter. With discounts from mechanic friend, I spent $800. Now, at 108k I notice a little slip in the trans. Between 1st and 2nd.

comfortable seats with good support. styling.

better gas mileage,

Pretty good for the money
By tiff

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $6500 it has been a pretty good car, i have had to make a few repairs as soon as i topped 100k, such as a new starter, alternator, O2 censor, battery,brakes, spark plugs and wires, headlights, fuses, cv axle, that may seem like a lot but at 100k things are bout ready to be changed out, and a really good thing about this model is that is has a timing chain instead of a belt, which makes it a much easier fix.

memory seats, heated seats, auto dimming rear mirror, auto back visor,leather, fast acceleration

exterior design if they descide to make this model again

Reliable, Fast, Fun
By wirkus

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Great car. Have over 250,000 miles on it but I have only had to replace the catalytic converter at about 240,000 so very reliable great buy!

Great bose stereo system, fast and fun to drive, low maintenance

exterior design needs some work

Ehhh....
By Patrick

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Got this used w/ 200k miles. Engine light was on, showing P0430, P0400, and something else. The car is pretty rough mechanically, and needs a lot of work. The engine and transmission are still great, after 10 years and 200k miles. I changed the spark plugs and the check engine light went off, only to come back on a day later. Has weird exhaust noise (prob not the cat conv.) and the struts were completely shot (got those replaced) and I think the mass airflow sensor is bad. A common problem on this car. Overall, it's a nice vehicle, but if you're buying used, plan on spending some money on repairs. At least $1000...

Great stereo, leather, memory seat positions, great HVAC, and good seating position. Interior is nice but still kind of chintzy, and power sun shade. I would have preferred factory tint over something that can break.

Favorite All Time
By Sue B

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle after hearing a friend rave about how much they loved theirs. I previously owned a Mercedes and was afraid I might compare and come up short. No way. This car has exceeded my expectations. I have 145,000 miles on it and have had only minor repairs (battery, alternator, brake pads, front struts)in addition to regular tune up and oil changes. It has developed a little "attitude" in the cold weather after sitting idle all night, I have to warm it up several minutes before driving otherwise it will stall, can't seem to find anyone who knows what is causing that.

The one touch window controls, rear window shade,lumbar support on driver's seat, heated seats, sunroof, generous cup holders, cavernous back seat and trunk space, very reliable engine all make this car a dream.

Turning radius, maybe better gas mileage. I average 22 miles per gal in the city.