2000 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Time to let go
By AMH on 10/06/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought new and, even though I am not a "car" person, thought it was the best looking car I had ever seen. It has not cost me anything more than batteries or tires in all of its years. Under warranty the moon roof needed repair and one of the catalytic converters (SES) needed replacement. However, the car now has 97K and has needed a new radiator and another catalytic converter (there are 4), has developed a transmission leak, needs a new starter and the AC has stopped working (all in 2 months!!!). I really like this car but it is time to move on...

Good Car For The Money!
By Jason on 04/29/09 21:00 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I turned in my 2005 Infiniti FX 35 for the Infiniti I30t with 65335 miles (Nov. 28, 2009). I was impressed with the handling and comfort. However, still adjusting to the "low" height and sports car feel.

Great for a while
By Darrell on 01/06/09 09:37 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 30k miles and had no problems until I reached 55k and the drivers electric seat stopped working. At 70k the ignition coils went out and at 90k the starter had to be replaced. I looked on some blogs and found all of these to be common problems. I see that at 100K I should expect all my instrumentation lights to go out and the check engine light to keep coming on. I have spent over $3500 in repairs so I'm now looking to buy a new car that will be under a warranty. I can't afford to keep paying for costly repairs on a once great car.

Wonderful Vehicle
By Jason on 12/07/08 19:34 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I leased an Infiniti FX 35; however, I returned and wanted to stay with the Infiniti brand. I purchased the I30t with 65,500 miles and the vehicle is not even broken in, yet. I am the second owner and could tell the vehicle was garage kept and hardly driven. The vehicle does sit-low (but I did go from an SUV to car). If you're thinking about buying one, do- it!

Full sized touring classic
By yUngstar on 10/20/08 13:32 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased the car from a buddy of mine with 170K on it. I noticed that the belts needed changing right away and wasn't too sure about the ride, but was told the suspensions may need to be replaced in the next couple of years. Since I have owned the I30t have noticed some deserting things, such as the CD player not working a grinding in the front caliper and jerking from the engine on occasion.

Nice car, but bad reliability.
By BP on 07/25/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about a year ago with 45k miles on it and have had problems ever since. Upon purchase I had to replace the belts (which is to be expected for a 7 year old car). What I didn't expect was the catalytic converter to fail (which Infiniti covers up to 80k miles), the A/C compressor to fail, all 6 coils needed to be replaced, the muffler was banging the bottom of the car and the CD player stopped working. At this point, about $2500 has been spent on repairs. Luckily we bought an extended warranty. My other car is a Nissan Altima and I really like it. But, I doubt I'll be buying another Infiniti.

You will spend, oh yes.
By j on 04/25/08 16:42 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Traded in an older Camry for the Infiniti because my wife thought it was "ugly." However in 4 years I spent less on that car then I've spent in the past 9 months on the I30. Had it checked out before we bought it, all systems were a go. However within 2 months the alternator went out. Shortly after that the car started misfiring, and it started running poorly and jerking when at a stop light. Had the engine coils replaced along with the spark plugs and a full maintenance check + fluids flush. Also have had to replace both rear and front brakes. So 9 months and at least $3,000 later, hopefully we are done for awhile with spending money on it.

Reliable - you decide
By LTR gone bad on 03/03/08 09:37 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Car purchased new. At 50000 car began to self destruct, power seat, alternator, SES light, new brakes at 55K, transmission slip, engine ping. All service at dealer. At 60K SES light on again, brake calipers bad. > $4000 in repairs in 2 years. Trade in at dealer on new MSRP $40000 = $5000 before today's 2 grand. Am I still a happy customer? NO! Like the new G35, but would I buy another Infiniti? Doubt it.

Infiniti 2000 I130 Touring
By PJ Mcewan on 12/12/07 17:22 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I thought this car would be like wearing sturdy shoes, good for me but no fun. I was wrong. After 7 years of driving, I still love this car. It is mannerly, strong, reliable, actually fun to drive, delivers power as needed, and the styling actually looks good to me now. I guess true friends always look attractive.

Dependable
By Mike on 09/28/07 07:04 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

The Infiniti I30t is a very dependable car and very fun to drive. I am the second owner of the vehicle. When I bought it the car had 56,000 mi and now has 150,000 mi. Because it is a touring edition to do ride comfort and turning radius because of the stiff suspension. The car is very safe. I t-boned someone and the car crushed in all of the right places. Thank God it wasn't totalled. I am still driving and I drive it like I hate it. I plan to get over 300,000 mi. out of this car.