Used 2000 Infiniti I30 Base Consumer Reviews - 49 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

Perfect Car For Me
By wnelmer

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased my I30 in 2003 with 47K miles on it.
It now has 195K miles on it & I expect to get at least 250K without trying.
Besides replacing brakes, tires, & battery, the only major issue I've had was a transmission rebuild at 150K.
The car still runs & looks like new - I still enjoy driving it today as much as I did when I bought it.
I took in for service a couple of years ago & was given a 2010 G35 as a loaner car.
I was expecting to be sold on trading up, but I was dissapointed in the ride & overall feel of the G35.
I couldn't wait to get back into my I30.
Also, the last time I put new tires on it, the serviceman couldn't believe how old it was & how good it looked.

Very comfortable & well equipped interior. Understated, but classic exterior.

Overall Great Car
By rloggia

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I recently got this car from my dad with 168,000 miles on it, and those miles were put on aggressively; my dad has a lead foot. He traded it for an M37. There are some minor issues: oxidized headlight lenses, slightly rough transmission, a few burned out bulbs. A few months ago the radiator fell out of its rusted housing, but not the car. Besides that, there have been no major issues. The interior is still in great condition, some signs of wear on the drivers seat. Some rust issues; in the top of the wheel well and underneath the car (not noticable unless you're jacking it up) but thats my dads fault for not washing off road salt. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

High quality Bose sound system, heated seats, automatic windows, V6 engine, ample interior and trunk space

Needs a 3.5 mm auxiliary audio input and satellite radio.

10 Years for Fun
By Flip_ophobia

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

We purchased the I30 New and have had small problems from time to time. As others have reported , coils replaced, oxygen sensor, and alignment problems. A fun car to drive and average 23 MPG. Plenty of power and still in style after 10 years.

Great radio and total vision 360 degrees

If there is a problem step up and cover it.!!! Re the oxygen sensor / coil problems.

Great car for the money
By larry

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 77k miles. Up until 97k there wasn't a problem. At 98k I needed all new wheel bearings, radiator was leaking, trans. Is leaking. Did tun up and air filter. With discounts from mechanic friend, I spent $800. Now, at 108k I notice a little slip in the trans. Between 1st and 2nd.

comfortable seats with good support. styling.

better gas mileage,

Pretty good for the money
By tiff

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $6500 it has been a pretty good car, i have had to make a few repairs as soon as i topped 100k, such as a new starter, alternator, O2 censor, battery,brakes, spark plugs and wires, headlights, fuses, cv axle, that may seem like a lot but at 100k things are bout ready to be changed out, and a really good thing about this model is that is has a timing chain instead of a belt, which makes it a much easier fix.

memory seats, heated seats, auto dimming rear mirror, auto back visor,leather, fast acceleration

exterior design if they descide to make this model again