2000 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
Perfect Car For Me
By wnelmer on 02/23/12 17:45 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased my I30 in 2003 with 47K miles on it. It now has 195K miles on it & I expect to get at least 250K without trying. Besides replacing brakes, tires, & battery, the only major issue I've had was a transmission rebuild at 150K. The car still runs & looks like new - I still enjoy driving it today as much as I did when I bought it. I took in for service a couple of years ago & was given a 2010 G35 as a loaner car. I was expecting to be sold on trading up, but I was dissapointed in the ride & overall feel of the G35. I couldn't wait to get back into my I30. Also, the last time I put new tires on it, the serviceman couldn't believe how old it was & how good it looked.

Overall Great Car
By rloggia on 01/10/12 07:47 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I recently got this car from my dad with 168,000 miles on it, and those miles were put on aggressively; my dad has a lead foot. He traded it for an M37. There are some minor issues: oxidized headlight lenses, slightly rough transmission, a few burned out bulbs. A few months ago the radiator fell out of its rusted housing, but not the car. Besides that, there have been no major issues. The interior is still in great condition, some signs of wear on the drivers seat. Some rust issues; in the top of the wheel well and underneath the car (not noticable unless you're jacking it up) but thats my dads fault for not washing off road salt. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

10 Years for Fun
By Flip_ophobia on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

We purchased the I30 New and have had small problems from time to time. As others have reported , coils replaced, oxygen sensor, and alignment problems. A fun car to drive and average 23 MPG. Plenty of power and still in style after 10 years.

Great car for the money
By larry on 08/31/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 77k miles. Up until 97k there wasn't a problem. At 98k I needed all new wheel bearings, radiator was leaking, trans. Is leaking. Did tun up and air filter. With discounts from mechanic friend, I spent $800. Now, at 108k I notice a little slip in the trans. Between 1st and 2nd.

Pretty good for the money
By tiff on 04/16/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $6500 it has been a pretty good car, i have had to make a few repairs as soon as i topped 100k, such as a new starter, alternator, O2 censor, battery,brakes, spark plugs and wires, headlights, fuses, cv axle, that may seem like a lot but at 100k things are bout ready to be changed out, and a really good thing about this model is that is has a timing chain instead of a belt, which makes it a much easier fix.

Reliable, Fast, Fun
By wirkus on 03/11/10 21:27 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Great car. Have over 250,000 miles on it but I have only had to replace the catalytic converter at about 240,000 so very reliable great buy!

Ehhh....
By Patrick on 01/29/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Got this used w/ 200k miles. Engine light was on, showing P0430, P0400, and something else. The car is pretty rough mechanically, and needs a lot of work. The engine and transmission are still great, after 10 years and 200k miles. I changed the spark plugs and the check engine light went off, only to come back on a day later. Has weird exhaust noise (prob not the cat conv.) and the struts were completely shot (got those replaced) and I think the mass airflow sensor is bad. A common problem on this car. Overall, it's a nice vehicle, but if you're buying used, plan on spending some money on repairs. At least $1000...

Time to let go
By AMH on 10/06/09 08:08 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought new and, even though I am not a "car" person, thought it was the best looking car I had ever seen. It has not cost me anything more than batteries or tires in all of its years. Under warranty the moon roof needed repair and one of the catalytic converters (SES) needed replacement. However, the car now has 97K and has needed a new radiator and another catalytic converter (there are 4), has developed a transmission leak, needs a new starter and the AC has stopped working (all in 2 months!!!). I really like this car but it is time to move on...

Great for a while
By Darrell on 01/06/09 09:37 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought the car used with 30k miles and had no problems until I reached 55k and the drivers electric seat stopped working. At 70k the ignition coils went out and at 90k the starter had to be replaced. I looked on some blogs and found all of these to be common problems. I see that at 100K I should expect all my instrumentation lights to go out and the check engine light to keep coming on. I have spent over $3500 in repairs so I'm now looking to buy a new car that will be under a warranty. I can't afford to keep paying for costly repairs on a once great car.

Nice car, but bad reliability.
By BP on 07/25/08 18:17 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car about a year ago with 45k miles on it and have had problems ever since. Upon purchase I had to replace the belts (which is to be expected for a 7 year old car). What I didn't expect was the catalytic converter to fail (which Infiniti covers up to 80k miles), the A/C compressor to fail, all 6 coils needed to be replaced, the muffler was banging the bottom of the car and the CD player stopped working. At this point, about $2500 has been spent on repairs. Luckily we bought an extended warranty. My other car is a Nissan Altima and I really like it. But, I doubt I'll be buying another Infiniti.