2000 Infiniti I30 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific I30 model:
2000 I30T
By wtfletcher on 09/30/13 11:33 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Very good looking car. I purchased it new. We noticed that the car does not handle well. When you go into a turn, it feels like the front tires are beginning to slide. I purposely drove it into a corner unusually fast ( plenty of recovery space) and the car does slide badly. I took it back to the dealership and they said it was perfect. Well, if that's perfect, don't expect me to purchase another infiniti. We have replaced the brakes including calipers and rotors numerous times. Calipers freeze up often. It will stop on a dime, but having to replace the brakes every 15,000 to 20,000 miles is beyond excessive. I'll never purchase another Infiniti/Nissan.

Great car! But rust issue on front motor/radiator mount
By taylor1111 on 10/06/12 07:41 AM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 2000 when Infiniti launched new redesign of I30t model. Car was originally my Dad's, now I own it w/ 255K mi. Had its share of wear and tear being 12 years old and driven on avg over 100 mi/day commuting.There is a flaw with this car and that is the rust that builds on the radiator mount under the car. This mount also connects with the front motor mount. Car has been garage kept. I know of others that have seen this also.I can feel its affect on the car's performance and handling. Its only b/c of this I am now looking for another car. Cost to repair isn't worth the value of the car. If choosing to buy, note to look for this. However the car is great. I will truly miss it.

Perfect Car For Me
By wnelmer on 02/23/12 17:45 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased my I30 in 2003 with 47K miles on it. It now has 195K miles on it & I expect to get at least 250K without trying. Besides replacing brakes, tires, & battery, the only major issue I've had was a transmission rebuild at 150K. The car still runs & looks like new - I still enjoy driving it today as much as I did when I bought it. I took in for service a couple of years ago & was given a 2010 G35 as a loaner car. I was expecting to be sold on trading up, but I was dissapointed in the ride & overall feel of the G35. I couldn't wait to get back into my I30. Also, the last time I put new tires on it, the serviceman couldn't believe how old it was & how good it looked.

Overall Great Car
By rloggia on 01/10/12 07:47 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I recently got this car from my dad with 168,000 miles on it, and those miles were put on aggressively; my dad has a lead foot. He traded it for an M37. There are some minor issues: oxidized headlight lenses, slightly rough transmission, a few burned out bulbs. A few months ago the radiator fell out of its rusted housing, but not the car. Besides that, there have been no major issues. The interior is still in great condition, some signs of wear on the drivers seat. Some rust issues; in the top of the wheel well and underneath the car (not noticable unless you're jacking it up) but thats my dads fault for not washing off road salt. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

10 Years for Fun
By Flip_ophobia on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

We purchased the I30 New and have had small problems from time to time. As others have reported , coils replaced, oxygen sensor, and alignment problems. A fun car to drive and average 23 MPG. Plenty of power and still in style after 10 years.

Great car for the money
By larry on 08/31/10 21:11 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Bought this car with 77k miles. Up until 97k there wasn't a problem. At 98k I needed all new wheel bearings, radiator was leaking, trans. Is leaking. Did tun up and air filter. With discounts from mechanic friend, I spent $800. Now, at 108k I notice a little slip in the trans. Between 1st and 2nd.

Pretty good for the money
By tiff on 04/16/10 18:59 PM (PDT)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for $6500 it has been a pretty good car, i have had to make a few repairs as soon as i topped 100k, such as a new starter, alternator, O2 censor, battery,brakes, spark plugs and wires, headlights, fuses, cv axle, that may seem like a lot but at 100k things are bout ready to be changed out, and a really good thing about this model is that is has a timing chain instead of a belt, which makes it a much easier fix.

Reliable, Fast, Fun
By wirkus on 03/11/10 21:27 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Great car. Have over 250,000 miles on it but I have only had to replace the catalytic converter at about 240,000 so very reliable great buy!

Ehhh....
By Patrick on 01/29/10 13:09 PM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

Got this used w/ 200k miles. Engine light was on, showing P0430, P0400, and something else. The car is pretty rough mechanically, and needs a lot of work. The engine and transmission are still great, after 10 years and 200k miles. I changed the spark plugs and the check engine light went off, only to come back on a day later. Has weird exhaust noise (prob not the cat conv.) and the struts were completely shot (got those replaced) and I think the mass airflow sensor is bad. A common problem on this car. Overall, it's a nice vehicle, but if you're buying used, plan on spending some money on repairs. At least $1000...

Favorite All Time
By Sue B on 01/23/10 09:47 AM (PST)

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle after hearing a friend rave about how much they loved theirs. I previously owned a Mercedes and was afraid I might compare and come up short. No way. This car has exceeded my expectations. I have 145,000 miles on it and have had only minor repairs (battery, alternator, brake pads, front struts)in addition to regular tune up and oil changes. It has developed a little "attitude" in the cold weather after sitting idle all night, I have to warm it up several minutes before driving otherwise it will stall, can't seem to find anyone who knows what is causing that.