Used 2000 Infiniti I30 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific I30 model:

2000 I30T
By wtfletcher

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Very good looking car. I purchased it new. We noticed that the car does not handle well. When you go into a turn, it feels like the front tires are beginning to slide. I purposely drove it into a corner unusually fast ( plenty of recovery space) and the car does slide badly. I took it back to the dealership and they said it was perfect. Well, if that's perfect, don't expect me to purchase another infiniti. We have replaced the brakes including calipers and rotors numerous times. Calipers freeze up often. It will stop on a dime, but having to replace the brakes every 15,000 to 20,000 miles is beyond excessive. I'll never purchase another Infiniti/Nissan.

Great styling. Nice interior. Performance (minus handling) very good for what the car is. Loved the rear privacy screen. Great stereo. The paint really held up nicely.

Brakes, Dear lord in heaven! It will go through brakes like a teenager does in your refrigerator. Several of my co-workers purchased various models of Infiniti and we all experienced major brake issues. Handling was/is terrible. In cornering, it "pushes" the front tires to the point of sliding off of the road. My truck handles better! Don't even think about driving it in the snow and be careful in the rain. Scary! Worst handling new car I have ever driven and I won't purchase another Infiniti or Nissan after having owned one (and only one!).

Great car! But rust issue on front motor/radiator mount
By taylor1111

2000 Infiniti I30 Touring 4dr Sedan

Purchased in 2000 when Infiniti launched new redesign of I30t model. Car was originally my Dad's, now I own it w/ 255K mi. Had its share of wear and tear being 12 years old and driven on avg over 100 mi/day commuting.There is a flaw with this car and that is the rust that builds on the radiator mount under the car. This mount also connects with the front motor mount. Car has been garage kept. I know of others that have seen this also.I can feel its affect on the car's performance and handling. Its only b/c of this I am now looking for another car. Cost to repair isn't worth the value of the car. If choosing to buy, note to look for this. However the car is great. I will truly miss it.

Perfect Car For Me
By wnelmer

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I purchased my I30 in 2003 with 47K miles on it. It now has 195K miles on it & I expect to get at least 250K without trying. Besides replacing brakes, tires, & battery, the only major issue I've had was a transmission rebuild at 150K. The car still runs & looks like new - I still enjoy driving it today as much as I did when I bought it. I took in for service a couple of years ago & was given a 2010 G35 as a loaner car. I was expecting to be sold on trading up, but I was dissapointed in the ride & overall feel of the G35. I couldn't wait to get back into my I30. Also, the last time I put new tires on it, the serviceman couldn't believe how old it was & how good it looked.

Very comfortable & well equipped interior. Understated, but classic exterior.

Overall Great Car
By rloggia

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

I recently got this car from my dad with 168,000 miles on it, and those miles were put on aggressively; my dad has a lead foot. He traded it for an M37. There are some minor issues: oxidized headlight lenses, slightly rough transmission, a few burned out bulbs. A few months ago the radiator fell out of its rusted housing, but not the car. Besides that, there have been no major issues. The interior is still in great condition, some signs of wear on the drivers seat. Some rust issues; in the top of the wheel well and underneath the car (not noticable unless you're jacking it up) but thats my dads fault for not washing off road salt. If you take care of it, it will take care of you.

High quality Bose sound system, heated seats, automatic windows, V6 engine, ample interior and trunk space

Needs a 3.5 mm auxiliary audio input and satellite radio.

10 Years for Fun
By Flip_ophobia

2000 Infiniti I30 4dr Sedan

We purchased the I30 New and have had small problems from time to time. As others have reported , coils replaced, oxygen sensor, and alignment problems. A fun car to drive and average 23 MPG. Plenty of power and still in style after 10 years.

Great radio and total vision 360 degrees

If there is a problem step up and cover it.!!! Re the oxygen sensor / coil problems.

• SUV